DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost/Crashed Mavic Pro 2

melcumlc

Reactions
Good morning guys,

Yesterday I was flying in my neighborhood and I believe my drop hit some power line around 500m away from me. (Didn’t know the power lines were there)

I searched the last coordinates but the drone is nowhere to be found. Maybe it hit the lines, lost connection and flew away?
Help pls! :(

D0E72481-FA91-41CF-BD4D-2EE78BA65F96.jpegFB5709AA-3041-4C5B-91DF-FFA2262CE1AA.png

These are the ones from yesterday! Thank you so much for your help!

Attachments

• 2020-05-26_16-00-25_FLY023.DAT
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-05-26_[16-00-39].txt
    172.1 KB · Views: 2
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-05-26_[16-02-34].txt
    189.8 KB · Views: 4
These are the ones from yesterday! Thank you so much for your help!

Well both logs stop abruptly with the aircraft moving at 20 m/s at a height of 39 m AGL. Looking at the flight track in Google Earth shows that happened exactly on line with the high-voltage power lines, and at the same height as the lines. The sudden end suggests that the aircraft scored a direct hit and immediately lost power. It could have bounced quite a few meters in falling to the ground, but I would expect it most likely to have landed in the trees.

grab86.jpg

grab87.jpg

Thank you so much for your help and insight. I’ll go look again today around that area - yesterday I look for about 2 hrs in the same area noted by you, that why I was thinking that it keep on going.

Thank you so much for your help and insight. I’ll go look again today around that area - yesterday I look for about 2 hrs in the same area noted by you, that why I was thinking that it keep on going.

No - it didn't keep going any further than its momentum might have carried it. And it more likely bounced backwards given that the impact killed it immediately.

Hi dude! I’m looking for it as I’m typing this email and nothing , this weird how it’s nowhere to be found. I tried the sound alert but it’s not working.

Hi dude! I’m looking for it as I’m typing this email and nothing , this weird how it’s nowhere to be found. I tried the sound alert but it’s not working.

Would you see it if it were stuck in one of those trees? The sound alert is not going to work - it has no power now.

I looked all over, that little forest is not as dense now as in the google earth pics anyways .. I searched 50m forward 50m back .. outside of both fences .... ****

I looked all over, that little forest is not as dense now as in the google earth pics anyways .. I searched 50m forward 50m back .. outside of both fences .... ****

It has to be there somewhere. Could it have bounced over onto the railway tracks?

I walked the rail tracks also. A long way too, i don’t thing I would of bounced back 50-100m or keep going 50 or 100m. I’ll go check again later when it cools down. But I agree it must be somewhere around that area I guess

I appreciate that it won’t help this situation... but it is this kind of possibility that led me to get my Firehouse 4 ARC XLs.... not only do they keep flashing after a crash and without aircraft battery, but they emit a 98dB alarm beep after there are still for 2 minutes or so.
Might help find a future drone. BTW the mounts from our own @Aerial-Pixel are the fav of mine.

I’m not sure if someone would of taken it. I went to look for it 15 mins after it went missing and the rail road area/tracks where it shows that it went down/lost signal is fenced by a 10 foot fence on both sides.
I tried the sound alarm yesterday as well and it didn’t work the battery was not dead yesterday for sure.
I’m thinking it hit the lines and it kept going a little ....

I’m not sure if someone would of taken it. I went to look for it 15 mins after it went missing and the rail road area/tracks where it shows that it went down/lost signal is fenced by a 10 foot fence on both sides.
I tried the sound alarm yesterday as well and it didn’t work the battery was not dead yesterday for sure.
I’m thinking it hit the lines and it kept going a little ....

The battery may not have been dead but it will have been dislodged in the impact - that's why it stopped transmitting. And it won't have kept going for the same reason - if it did then it would have continued to transmit telemetry.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
These drones can be crazy hard to see. It could be sitting in a tree right in front of you and you still couldn’t see it, even knowing where to look.
Good luck op!

I’ve been looking for it for 2 days now. Nothing around the area where the drone went down ;(( I’ll keep on looking this weekend. This sucks!
I’ve looked in the trees and all, the only place I didn’t look throughly is the other side of the track - maybe after the impact it took a hard right. I’ll be checking it today or tomorrow. I should have wrapped the **** thing bright yellow.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan