DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost drone trying to RTH - 'max power load reached' issue

About why it takes more than a quick start manual.
As you should know, many buyers don't read manuals at all. If they'll read something, then it's the quick start manual. So the need for calibration should be included there. Or even better, it should be integrated into the app as a next step after product activation prior to allowing takeoff for the first flight.

I'm a bit concerned at the number of ESC errors I've been getting on flights recently. I've been watching the drone move through the air and checking the trees nearby there sure isn't much wind. It's pretty calm where I've been standing and no obvious wind up in the trees. Going to have to pay for AirData to see their wind calcs as I can't believe it's wind related.

Going to have to pay for AirData to see their wind calcs as I can't believe it's wind related.
You can also get by with a free account, no need to pay unless you want all the bells and whistles. And you can try it out first as you can upgrade later if needed.

As you should know, many buyers don't read manuals at all. If they'll read something, then it's the quick start manual. So the need for calibration should be included there. Or even better, it should be integrated into the app as a next step after product activation prior to allowing takeoff for the first flight.

If the end-user doesn't read the manual it's on them. No need to change everything to play into the hands of the lazy and or impatient.

Reactions: SXB1 and Prismatic
If the end-user doesn't read the manual it's on them. No need to change everything to play into the hands of the lazy and or impatient.
That's true, although the idea of a mandatory calibration before the initial flight has a lot of merit anyway.

That's true, although the idea of a mandatory calibration before the initial flight has a lot of merit anyway.

I completely agree with you on that point.

I did, do you know how much less the standalone drone costs ? Does it come with a battery? Propellers ?
I think it's just 15% off base drone with no extras. So 15% - $60 cheaper.

Hell may actually freeze over and they could deem it a product failure and replace it free under warranty after reviewing your logs.

Based on what I've read the MM has a top speed of 29mph (that's probably best case with 100% battery charge). If it starts to get away from you in 25mph winds it's going to be a slow walk back from wherever it is and if you started off the flight with a low battery speed, time and distance work against you.

What you are looking at on AirData is not the actual wind speed - that is just a ground level forecast. Too see the computed wind speeds you have to look at the wind map tab. See above.
i just had same max power reached issue in calm conditions, just with S mode giving max ascent speed with left stick up.
looking at the converted TXT log file is seems to be the signal OSD.isNotEnoughForce that flips to TRUE. there was almost no wind at all, may be 5-7mph max in gusts.
odd...

also, an interesting response -

"
DJI keeps providing this "there are 2 scenarios.." answer when everyone ( including DJI ) knows this is [Language Removed by Admin].
There are many scenarios in which you can get the 30168 error code aka "max power reached / Insufficient power / not enough power ESC Error - as shown in flight log ). All related to 30168 error code.
It will happen in P mode, S mode and even in C mode when ever you push the stick all the way ( vertical or horizontal ) regardless of the intensity of the wind although when there is a strong wind the amount of error messages increases. I managed to reproduce this error message on a second drone since I thought mine have a problem showing this message many times.
When I contact DJI online technical support they told me I should "wait to the next firmware update"
And when I asked "should I wait while watching my drone sits in it's nice bag", I got this amazing answer and I should have taken a picture of the screen because surely no one would believe me that was the answer I got.
"We advise you not to fly the drone for now". . This is totally unprofessional behavior.
At least give one consistent answer to your customers !
"

so, it looks like the non-existent QA at DJI keeps producing same results with then throwing out half-baked product for the time of the holidays to work out bugs and issues later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this problem proved to be across the board or just a certain batch of the MM.The reason I ask is I am not getting these error messages.All flights have until now been faultless.Am I the lucky one or is it maybe I am flying within what I predicted was the MM’s capabilities.Of course I will in time push it a bit harder and maybe encounter these errors but for now All is good.??

Reactions: old man mavic
Believe it or not but mine showed a bit of the same symptoms yesterday.
I flew in the park with my son, took off with a full battery and decided to go up for some nice pictures. I cannot recall how high it was when it happened but the Mini did drift aside about 20m without any intervention from me. It looked like it was blown aside by wind and then just recovered by itself. This happened only once, for a couple of seconds at an altitude above 30m and I flew for about 40+ minutes all over the place but only in a 200m radius. I have set a 120m max altitude.

I did not lose mine, however reading about these issues, I might need to review the Logs if I got the same message. As for contact details, I've just printed some labels with a DYMO to mark mine.

I’ve had it occur twice. One time took me 90 minutes to get to in deep brush and pitch black but I found it. Other one was closer to home and took 10 mins after driving to it. That drift issue is quite worrisome.

Agree with you that it's quite worrisome. According to this post Firmware v01.00.0300 the firmware is out as of now and we can all start and test it.

Reactions: WooZie
Hi Sar please could you tell me what software you use.
Also please could you tell me which log file you are looking at, the one from the drone or the one from the phone.

Unfortunately this one is a bit of a lottery. The wind was very gusty, with wind speeds all over the shop. However, differentiating home distance with respect to time shows that towards the end its velocity towards the home point was between ± 2 m/s.

View attachment 87058

Looking at the battery depletion rate, it would have switched to autolanding 175 seconds after the control link was lost:

View attachment 87059

That puts it somewhere within 350 meters of the last recorded position, broadly either towards or away from the home point, and with lateral variation based on the variation in recorded wind heading. On that map that looks like the red shaded area below:

View attachment 87060

Needle in a haystack, I'd say.

Hi Sar please could you tell me what software you use.
Also please could you tell me which log file you are looking at, the one from the drone or the one from the phone.

The OP only supplied the txt log from the mobile device, and the DAT files from the aircraft are not decryptable anyway.

Are you asking which software I used to convert and analyze the log? If so, then TXTlogToCSVtool and Wavemetrics Igor Pro.

The OP only supplied the txt log from the mobile device, and the DAT files from the aircraft are not decryptable anyway.

Are you asking which software I used to convert and analyze the log? If so, then TXTlogToCSVtool and Wavemetrics Igor Pro.
Thank you sir, just starting to learn.
Where do I download the programs above.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky