DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Luckiest RTH Ever / 1cm FROM DEATH

MalibuMavic

Reactions
Hey guys, just goy my mavic yesterday, totalllllly stoked! Checkout my scary near-miss:

Phone dropped all signal, even rebooted the app, was left with clicking RTH in my sketchy takeoff area. Definitely a lesson on having a good homepoint. Didn't know anything like this happened until I reviewed the footage!

Reactions: Bunny Too
Luckily I had it set to 75 feet otherwise it would've nailed the cliff!
Did you set the home point down on the beach? If so, it grossly overshot on RTH. Something looks amiss, but glad your Mavic survived unscathed.

Unless you're on a new-mowed open field or out in flat desert, I think 75 feet is way too low. Mine is set to 165 (50m), with the tallest trees on my property about 90 feet.

There's no reason I can think of not to use a very high RTH assuming no overhead obstructions, unless you like to fly low and run your battery way down - it will eat battery climbing to the RTH height.

Last edited:
Remember you can still "fly" without the APP, can't see but you can fly. . . .(You will need to do this as the APP is going to crash now and then and restarting your APP takes time but works)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851