Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 from Best Buy

"
FREE Shipping: Get it by Release Day Mon, May 11
Shipping estimates for 05495
Only available for shipping
"

If I could have ordered for pickup the next state over to avoid 70 dollars in tax, I would have.

Lol that’s what I do with all my BB big purchases.

Also helps that right next to Best Buy across the border is one of the biggest liquor stores around too, makes the trip well worth it. :)

I was told I could pay for it at the store. I am paying cash. I get there waited 20 mins. then the girl tells me I can't pay for it in full. It also needs to be shipped to my home address. So I'm called another location 2 times 45 minutes on hold and no one answers. Now im wondering if I can just buy Best Buy gift cards to try and make a purchase online? I don't have a credit card to purchase it online.

I was told I could pay for it at the store. I am paying cash. I get there waited 20 mins. then the girl tells me I can't pay for it in full. It also needs to be shipped to my home address. So I'm called another location 2 times 45 minutes on hold and no one answers. Now im wondering if I can just buy Best Buy gift cards to try and make a purchase online? I don't have a credit card to purchase it online.

You dont have a debit card ?

Nope not even that. I had PayPal a while back and even an eBay acct. but after all the B.S. about policy changes, I just stopped.

How are you getting into the store to buy the gift cards? and yes of course if you can it will work fine since that's what gift cards are for. I'm surprised they'll even "touch" cash at this point.

Best bet might be going to a wall greens, or maybe even a large grocery store and paying cash for either best buy gift cards or better yet a pre-paid mastercard/visa gift card.

Reactions: pelagic_one
How are you getting into the store to buy the gift cards? and yes of course if you can it will work fine since that's what gift cards are for. I'm surprised they'll even "touch" cash at this point.

Best bet might be going to a wall greens, or maybe even a large grocery store and paying cash for either best buy gift cards or better yet a pre-paid mastercard/visa gift card.

There can be a pretty hefty surcharge on prepaid credit/debit cards. I'd go with gift cards.

While I can understand the appeal of being a cash only person in this day and age I'd really look into a debit card.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I was told I could pay curbside with no issues. But according to the associate it wouldn't even let her select the item? Then she tells me it has to be shipped to my home address? Then she tells me it might be because the location is to far? I live on Oahu in Hawaii. They stock the Mavic 2 pro and the Mavic mini combo so not sure what the deal is? I've been on hold with Best buy for over 45 mins 3 times today. I have yet to see any Mavic mini batteries or charging hubs yet in either of the 2 stores since the mini's been out.

Well that sucks, finally got through. Just so happens the associate that answered is also a drone flier. So it's online orders only. According to him they didn't have Mavic mini's available in store till 2 months after it was released. I guess I gotta look into getting a prepaid Visa or Mastercard to order off of one of the vendors here.

I cancelled DJI order for Fly More combo and reordered from Best Buy. Did anyone notice that it is listed as black instead of grey?
When you cancelled from dji, was the total price the same with taxes added. I heard some people say they paid more than $1300.00 for the fly more combo from best buy?

You are at least approaching it correctly. I haven't seen mention of a Beginner Mode like the MA1 had but if it has it I highly suggest using it at the beginning.

I started out with a basic cheap (cheap!) drone to practice with. If it went flying into a wall I didn't care. But once I could get it stable in the air with no onboard help (no sensors aside from maybe barometric) then I felt better taking on a $1000 drone.
When you're learning to fly even having barometric is probably A hindrance That little bit of stabilization is completely different from controlling it strictly yourself at least that's my finding i to have a few toy drones that I practiced on and now the grandkids play with them

I preorderd as well from BB, huh, your right, down in specs it lists it as black, but show it as gray?
No I didnt notice?
Ha, im from Towns Co, Ga. Hiawassee.
I have a good photographer friend in Hayesville. We try and go out there a couple times a year and plan on moving there in two years. I have a Mavic Pro and Mavic Air 2 on order.

does anyone know if you buy your MA2 from BB, can you purchase the protection plan from DJI? It seems like a better route than paying for Geek Squad which is pretty expensive!
Yes you can but I recommend you to get insurance trough State Farm (under personal property), I think iis $70 a year and if anything happen including drone lost they send you a check for whatever the cost , so you don’t physically need the drone for the reimbursement.

Just got a coupon this morning from BB for being a card member. They wouldn't add it to my preorder so I canceled and reorderd with the coupon. Get it by date was pushed back to a day later but I'm still apprehensive about the ship date even before. $959 out the door is worth waiting for though!

Reactions: swooshdave
I'm in the same boat. Pre-ordered from DJI on launch night, but after seeing some less than inspiring info from DJI regarding anticipated ship dates on the Fly More combo, I also cancelled with DJI and ordered through Best Buy.

What do you mean “info regarding ship dates”? You all telling me DJI is releasing a new product and 3rd parties will be delivering it faster than them? Seems odd when DJI is sending to the 3rd parties.

What do you mean “info regarding ship dates”? You all telling me DJI is releasing a new product and 3rd parties will be delivering it faster than them? Seems odd when DJI is sending to the 3rd parties.

There is a very complex relationship between manufacturers and vendors and direct sales. Why it may seem odd it's a dance to keep everyone happy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spencergotty