DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 not going farther than 1km in fairly congested wifi area

Dude, suppose its confirmed not fcc hackable....what alternative would you have for the money you're about to spend?

There is no guarantee dji will never stop this by some software method anyway later in the future. CE mode and compliance to your local regulations already gave plenty of satisfied users in EU with Mavic 2 and Mavic 1.

well, I'll keep my 1000e in my pocket and keep flying my Air :)

My method doesn't even need Mac or PC.
If you mean the demo by the chinese guy, unless I'm missing something that hack is messing with the Fly app itself... are you comfortable with that? I'm not really that comfortable.... I'd rather spoof the phone's gps temporarily, switch the aircraft to FCC mode and then keep it like that without allowing it to switch back.

Reactions: crosswired
If you mean the demo by the chinese guy, unless I'm missing something that hack is messing with the Fly app itself... are you comfortable with that? I'm not really that comfortable.... I'd rather spoof the phone's gps temporarily, switch the aircraft to FCC mode and then keep it like that without allowing it to switch back.
Im guessing here but I imagine he's just hooking into certain variables/settings/booleans and changing them on the fly....it doesn't change the app in any way, its just a different way of achieving the same result.
Im cool with that.

Dude, suppose its confirmed not fcc hackable....what alternative would you have for the money you're about to spend?

There is no guarantee dji will never stop this by some software method anyway later in the future. CE mode and compliance to your local regulations already gave plenty of satisfied users in EU.
well, I'll keep my 1000e in my pocket and keep flying my Air :)

You will do well in saving €1000. ?

Im guessing here but I imagine he's just hooking into certain variables/settings/booleans and changing them on the fly....it doesn't change the app in any way, its just a different way of achieving the same result.
Im cool with that.
are you 100% the way he's tricking it won't influence the RTH location for instance in some special situations? I don't know, it seems risky to me.

3k that’s pretty good, was this with the new MA2?

I’ve got one ordered, hoping to see more positive results from others hope yours continues:

Paul
Yup, and I'm certain it would have gone much farther. Other than my Jello issue I love it.

Probably exchanging at BB today

are you 100% the way he's tricking it won't influence the RTH location for instance in some special situations? I don't know, it seems risky to me.
Not 100% on anything mate.

IMO the gps spoofing method would be more risky in this respect, as his method is likely to be just overriding the FCC/CE power limitation, while the gps method is tricking the drone into thinking its in a different location than it actually is...seems much more risky me but that doesn't bother you?

IMO the gps spoofing method would be more risky in this respect, as his method is likely to be just overriding the FCC/CE power limitation, while the gps method is tricking the drone into thinking its in a different location than it actually is...seems much more risky me but that doesn't bother you?
no, because i'm not flying with it spoofed. I'm just spoofing the phone's location temporarily causing the drone to switch to FCC, then everything can be turned off, the spoof is removed and you fly it normally. You just make sure to turn the engines on before starting the app to prevent it from switching back to CE mode and that's it. Way less risky than having an unknown developer change the way the app itself works.

Reactions: crosswired
no, because i'm not flying with it spoofed. I'm just spoofing the phone's location temporarily causing the drone to switch to FCC, then everything can be turned off, the spoof is removed and you fly it normally. You just make sure to turn the engines on before starting the app to prevent it from switching back to CE mode and that's it. Way less risky than having an unknown developer change the way the app itself works.
Mate I'll be tweaking the app myself on iOS, its surprisingly straightforward.

Although once people start confirming what works/doesnt work, I'll just use whatever method is simpler.

Reactions: Ice_2k
Look at this for FCC mode occusync...I've not personally done any such flying but i'm impressed to say the least:

btw that jello video was really scary

That’s not correct, it in fact tricks the controller through your phone. As soon as you take off, the gps location of the drone knows your current actual location and updates this. Always returns home

That’s not correct, it in fact tricks the controller through your phone. As soon as you take off, the gps location of the drone knows your current actual location and updates this. Always returns home
It's a moot point, it's tricking something into thinking it's somewhere else, which has to be more risky than just supplying full power.

It's a moot point, it's tricking something into thinking it's somewhere else, which has to be more risky than just supplying full power.
1. Again, you're not tricking it on your actual flight. You're just tricking it *once* to switch the drone to FCC mode. Then you power everything off and the drone remains in FCC mode. There is no tricking involved when you actually go out flying.
2. Saying "just supplying full power" is not the same as "hacking the app controlling the drone, hopefully without other consequences".

Just my $0.02

2. Saying "just supplying full power" is not the same as "hacking the app controlling the drone, hopefully without other consequences".
It's absolutely no different than spoofing your GPS, that is tricking the app controlling the drone, hopefully without other consequences.

i don't know why you keep ignoring the fact that one of the methods does it once when you're not flying and the other does it WHILE flying but ok...

i don't know why you keep ignoring the fact that one of the methods does it once when you're not flying and the other does it WHILE flying but ok...
Probably because its not a fact.

The variable/boolean will be read and used once when you start the app, and that's it...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569