DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 not going farther than 1km in fairly congested wifi area

All these replies on hack this, hack that, trick GPS, trick this, or that, jail breaking this, Jail break that.......I’m totally lost? I don’t want to jump though loops to improve reception, Especially when a stock MA2 has occusync 2.

Paul

All these replies on hack this, hack that, trick GPS, trick this, or that, jail breaking this, Jail break that.......I’m totally lost? I don’t want to jump though loops to improve reception, Especially when a stock MA2 has occusync 2.

Paul

well don’t be surprised if your drone can’t go past 2k ? I’m not expecting my drone to go really far tbh they never get to the state that DJI say that can go. That is in absolute perfect conditions.
Im just hoping for some better gain than the maVic mini, whose distance is quite atrocious.

Reactions: gb160

Paul

Agree with you. While environment plays a role (big buildings between you and the drone may block the signal) I've never had any connection issues with Ocusync where there were homes, trees and a lot of wifi interference. These are places where my wifi drone signal gets interrupted at 200 meters but my MP goes well beyond 1,000 meters with no issues.

Occusyc is clearly superior to its WiFi partner. However, I’m not expecting miracles.

Paul
well, it does have OccuSync 2.0 but European 'verision' got 'altered' transmitter power which means shorter maximum range thats why 'hack' is needed to make it possible to use the drone in full capacity ....also its missing AirSense hadware

Reactions: dawgpilot
Order from the U.S or China. Problem solved.

There are ways around duty. Use your initiative.

Order from the U.S or China. Problem solved.

There are ways around duty. Use your initiative.
Mate apart from ads-b they're no different...its where you're using it that decides the power, I thought we'd been through this.

Reactions: Gary R
Mate apart from ads-b they're no different...its where you're using it that decides the power, I thought we'd been through this.

I understand this...

the fact is I want ADS-B. I’m not paying full price for a half warranted drone

I didn’t buy from the state’s for power, I bought for the missing module.

well, it does have OccuSync 2.0 but European 'verision' got 'altered' transmitter power which means shorter maximum range thats why 'hack' is needed to make it possible to use the drone in full capacity ....also its missing AirSense hadware

To be fair, nobody was complaining about the range of the Mavic 2 series in Europe and the Air 2 is rated even better so I really don’t expect this will be an issue, hack or no hack

Reactions: lee82gx and gb160
To be fair, nobody was complaining about the range of the Mavic 2 series in Europe and the Air 2 is rated even better so I really don’t expect this will be an issue, hack or no hack
Well spoofing the gps 'seems' to work on the MA2, although without a signal meter or sending it out on a range test its tough to know for sure.

Wonder if theres any way of checking if its in FCC mode or not?

Yes. It should be visible in the transmission selection levels dbm levels.
Yep, I've just found that, and according to the instructions here:
It is indeed working in FCC mode with the spoofed GPS.
IMG_0671.PNG

Last edited:
Yep, I've just found that, and according to the instructions here:
It is indeed working in FCC mode with the spoofed GPS.
View attachment 101201
Just to confirm you're spoofing on Jailbreak IOS? Some kind of location spoofing app right?

Well spoofing the gps 'seems' to work on the MA2, although without a signal meter or sending it out on a range test its tough to know for sure.

Wonder if theres any way of checking if its in FCC mode or not?
great stuff mate! I'll get mine delivered tomorrow I guess

btw, whats the first impression ?

great stuff mate! I'll get mine delivered tomorrow I guess

btw, whats the first impression ?
Looks like a great little device, small but meaty if that makes sense.
Its windy af here, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to take it for a proper flight, just had a little cruise round my house so far.

Reactions: crosswired
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569