DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mapping With The Mavic 2 Pro and the DJI Smart Controller?

Thanks. Nice video! So instead of video, one enables the GPS metadata recording just for photos at certain intervals.

Thanks. Nice video! So instead of video, one enables the GPS metadata recording just for photos at certain intervals.
Correct, I would also change from curved paths to straight line paths and decrease the cruising speed a little too from what that "template" uses.

Reactions: JonasJr
I just tried to install the Litchi app on my smart controller. I was successful using the Amazon App Store (it failed with the Google Play Store), but now Litchi only wants to start if I log into the Amazon App Store. This is no solution since I will be most of the time offline when flying. Is there any solution to make Litchi workable without internet access?

I just tried to install the Litchi app on my smart controller. I was successful using the Amazon App Store (it failed with the Google Play Store), but now Litchi only wants to start if I log into the Amazon App Store. This is no solution since I will be most of the time offline when flying. Is there any solution to make Litchi workable without internet access?
In both the Amazon App Store and Google Play you should only need to be connected to the internet the first time so it can register with DJI's servers. After that you should be able to use it offline.

This is what Litchi says about it:
"When starting the app for the first time after installation, you will need to be connected to Internet in order to register the app with DJI servers. Registration with DJI servers can be done without being connected to a DJI drone. The registration is done in the background, if the registration failed you will be notified with an error popup. Be aware that some Internet connections may have troubles connecting to DJI servers, in such a case make sure to try a different Internet connection (home wifi, mobile data connection, a friend's connection, public wifi, etc)."

Reactions: JonasJr and ff22
Thank you for your helpful comments! It started the 2nd time without internet. I hope that Litchi on the smart controller will be a reliable software in future so that firmware updates of the controller will harmonise with software updates of Litchi on the same device.

I have a final question please: For simple photo flights other than aerial mapping with Litchi (and taking single photos with the right button of the smart controller), would you then just enable the DJI GO 4 app again and force to stop the Litchi app? I am asking because Litchi recommends that for their own app. ("For the best experience, it is recommended to force stop the DJI Go app before starting Litchi.")

Thank you for your helpful comments! It started the 2nd time without internet. I hope that Litchi on the smart controller will be a reliable software in future so that firmware updates of the controller will harmonise with software updates of Litchi on the same device.

I have a final question please: For simple photo flights other than aerial mapping with Litchi (and taking single photos with the right button of the smart controller), would you then just enable the DJI GO 4 app again and force to stop the Litchi app? I am asking because Litchi recommends that for their own app. ("For the best experience, it is recommended to force stop the DJI Go app before starting Litchi.")
Yes, only 1 app should be running at a time on Android. On iOS both can run simultaneously.

I downloaded DJI Pilot PE (v.1.8) on my SC and have flown several mapping missions (M2Z) with it and have had no issues so far. I've had my SC for over a year and have had only had one time that Go4 froze and restarted during a flight. I even have Google Play installed on my SC with only the one issue. I used Litchi a few times but really like using Pilot PE better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu