DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mapping With The Mavic 2 Pro and the DJI Smart Controller?

Aerial-Pixel

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.aerial-pixel.com
OK Guys, I think we are running into some of the same issues on the Smart Controller as we had with the CrystalSky. Has anyone found any viable mapping apps for the Smart Controller? With some initial tests I did verify that DroneDeploy doesn't work, even if the Android Version supported the M2P (which it doesn't). Has anyone had any luck with any other apps? Pix4D, Aero Ranger, Drone Harmony, ETC? As of right now I'm just keeping my old M2 remote and iPad setup for mapping only, but would be nice to have it all in one since I'm doing a lot of mapping these days.

I am happy to report that I have now successfully installed Pix4D Capture on SC along with Ctrl+DJI
I will be testing functionality in the next few days.
Next step is to install Drone Deploy, but the app does not even come up in google app store

I am happy to report that I have now successfully installed Pix4D Capture on SC along with Ctrl+DJI
Next step is to install Drone Deploy, but the app does not even come up in google app store
Pix4D doesn't work on the SC :( It never connects. Drone deploy doesn't work either, you have to sideload it from APK pure because it doesn't show up in the Google Play store since it's marked as not compatible, but it doesn't connect either.

I did that in February. I wasn't happy though :(

I See what you mean. The issue here is not with loading SC with 3rd party apps, although this was a mission on its own.
Connectivity is the real bummer, you are right the apps work fine on its own but neither connects to the drone.
Hope this gets resolved sooner rather than later, otherwise this purchase was a total waste of time and money.
What a shame DJI, surely, if the controller connects to drone and the app runs fine, can't be too hard to get this connection accross.

I See what you mean. The issue here is not with loading SC with 3rd party apps, although this was a mission on its own.
Connectivity is the real bummer, you are right the apps work fine on its own but neither connects to the drone.
Hope this gets resolved sooner rather than later, otherwise this purchase was a total waste of time and money.
What a shame DJI, surely, if the controller connects to drone and the app runs fine, can't be too hard to get this connection accross.

No it can't be too hard since DJI released their software development kit for the SC. Litchi made it work but it seems like Pix4D and DroneDeploy aren't interested at all.

It would certainly help if DJI would somehow show a roadmap if the SC is going to be supported with future models of consumer drones.
For now with only the Mavic 2 series, some smaller developers may probably not code for too many devices with foreseeable lifetime I guess.

Hello all!

Today i tried DroneDeploy, Pix4d and Droneharmony on the smartcontroller, but nothing works.
I feel kinda stupid for paying all that money on new useless technology :-(

Hey, so I’ve been reading some other forums about this... and it’s google play store that has some of the apps?
There is a way to install Play store. And download some of these apps that will do mapping.

I not sure if there are any mapping apps that currently work on SC. Please let us know if you are aware of any.
We use DD and Pix4D, these can up uploaded but don't work

About half way down you’ll see people talking about this, and looking for solves. I don’t know if the info would help, but for some reason, I think it will. How the apps are getting installed. This guy has a photo of his SC with the apps, I also see another guy who did the play store trick get the litchi app or what ever it is, that will take an import of some maps.
Again, just ideas. Trying to learn about these controllers and looking to purchase one.

This is what I’m talking about

please click link above and read fully. Installing APK sideways is not gonna work, but this will solve a little of your issues. Then, you might need to use one or two apps..... OR, this will allow the install of the other apps you speak of, the right way without losing functionality, I think.
Let me know.
Again, I don’t have one.... I am looking for one... and I’m trying to learn and be helpful.

Hello Shivers!
I have seen this page but none of the Funktional third party apps that are mentioned on the bottom of that page are useful for the smartcontroller.
Essential are apps for mapping and other drone specific apps, and the ability to load maps to the memory card inserted in the smart controller :)

Thought. So, not everything is going to work... at this point. I see that... but this method does allow some apps to be installed that will take a map from other software, I think is how I read it. Honestly, I just need a remote... I’ve been doing software hacks and **** for a long time for fun.... really want to dive in and figure out why. If the apps you have are android based, then should be able to get them working.
Still, that post does shine light on installing items from the store.
Sorry... I’ll keep digging.

Reactions: RogerMav
Is it still true that there is no mapping app usable in combination with the smart controller? What about Litchi? Is there any reliable solution that works just as fine as the smart phone?

Is it still true that there is no mapping app usable in combination with the smart controller? What about Litchi? Is there any reliable solution that works just as fine as the smart phone?
It can be done with Litchi but they don't have a built-in routine for mapping yet, I've requested this from them, they say it's in the works but that was a long time ago. To do it using Litchi you would have to do the path yourself or use something like this method:
Using the above method you import their pre-routed flight plan and move and rotate it to the location you will be flying, it doesn't give you hardly any flexibility like overlap etc. I've just resorted to not using my M2P and SC for mapping, I go back to my P4P and use DroneDeploy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato