DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

marco polo tag location

wytnyt

Reactions
wheres the best place to mount a marco polo tag where it wont interfere with things?
ive seen them put on the side of the ac but that requires removing them to fold the legs
i mounted my tags on the right front legs of my mavics which allows it to be folded up
is this an issue?

marco polo only sends out a 50 millisecond ping when pinged,otherwise its dormant,least from what i read

are you familiar with the marco polo?
Sure mate, great looking bit of kit. My point is putting a piece of electronic equipment, and a transmitter to boot, (transmitting or not), onto an antenna of another device IS going to change the Q of that antenna.
But as I said, its your aircraft do as you wish.

Sure mate, great looking bit of kit. My point is putting a piece of electronic equipment, and a transmitter to boot, (transmitting or not), onto an antenna of another device IS going to change the Q of that antenna.
But as I said, its your aircraft do as you wish.
i see your point,,where would you suggest putting it

mine has been here for a year now, no issues, I just just it on there
24/7 I can charge in that area , and fold it up with it left on. and its just velcro.
IMG_2918.jpg

Reactions: Inspirephil
wheres the best place to mount a marco polo tag where it wont interfere with things?
ive seen them put on the side of the ac but that requires removing them to fold the legs
i mounted my tags on the right front legs of my mavics which allows it to be folded up
is this an issue?
I have the Marco Polo and i have it on the right rear leg. The signal that is put out is a 900mh i hear and the only time it is running
is when you turn on the receiver to fine it and it has already hit the ground then. Here is i picture. It
will fit in your case just like before and can be charged in the same spot. DSCN0257.JPG

for some reason, i'm getting blank posts. I'll try again sorry
Mounting The Marco Polo Tracker
Here is my attempt. Works. Flies without hindrance.

b5c7ea6418a97e309b043b6ecb282fbb.jpg
4251d42f4a663dd4aff73a6d55cbde0c.jpg
f6a250e61847cad7b214b1d33e2af844.jpg
32d42fd5c87e80672021f14e72a72e15.jpg

Here's how I do mine (good for swapping between multiple drones and for charging away from the drone if needed). Not sure why mounting it in the vertical position (putting the antenna closer to the props) would be better than my option, but TEHO.

Marco polo

Here's the mounting option I came up with for the Ultralight model:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi