DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew Blades vibrating

I hope you get your replacement set and that they are usable ??
Didn't get the replacements. I waited two weeks and nothing. Went to their Facebook page and notice they just posted about their props. Wrote a little post about how long I have been waiting to get the issue resolved. Someone responded and asked for my original order number. Gave it to them. The next morning they refunded my money. I might use that to order a set of orange props and see if maybe a new order will get me a set. Just waiting for the refund to clear.

Reactions: Boyce555
Didn't get the replacements. I waited two weeks and nothing. Went to their Facebook page and notice they just posted about their props. Wrote a little post about how long I have been waiting to get the issue resolved. Someone responded and asked for my original order number. Gave it to them. The next morning they refunded my money. I might use that to order a set of orange props and see if maybe a new order will get me a set. Just waiting for the refund to clear.
Thats a shame! What are they doing!? Your braver than me placing another order. I've given up on the company!

Reactions: Ron Staats
OMG, the factory props don't work? Lowest noise props I ever had. You would think factory engineered propellers 'are as efficient as it gets' are designed perfectly for the craft...Hell, flew this past weekend in 15 mph '24 mph gusts' from the south, MA2 still would go 42 mph south!!! So that is another future 'can of worms' Did the MA2 actually achieve 60 plus mph airspeed?

Thats a shame! What are they doing!? Your braver than me placing another order. I've given up on the company!
I am giving them on more chance. I ordered the orange set this morning. Maybe they will get here by the weekend I can see if they are any better.

OMG, the factory props don't work? Lowest noise props I ever had. You would think factory engineered propellers 'are as efficient as it gets' are designed perfectly for the craft...Hell, flew this past weekend in 15 mph '24 mph gusts' from the south, MA2 still would go 42 mph south!!! So that is another future 'can of worms' Did the MA2 actually achieve 60 plus mph airspeed?
The factory props are pretty quiet. But the replacement ones are just a touch more so and a lower pitch. Nothing major.

the props that DJI includes are engineered for the widest variety of conditions and to a certain budget. There are trade offs with anything, but that means other designs can have different characteristics.

But since I do lots of flying in neighborhoods right by other houses (I’m a home inspector and do roofs with it) even a small reduction in perceived sound is a benefit I’m willing to pay for, even if it is a little slower I’m fine with that.

Follow up part 1...

I Got the refund and ordered a set of orange props.

The next day I get a confirmation email about my order but I notice it is for black props. It had the old order number associated with it.

The the day after that I receive a confirmation number for the orange props.

While waiting to see exactly what was going to be shipped I decided to mess around with the bad original set. I put a drop of oil where they fold, I removed all the flashing and sanded the edges to nice edge. I test them out and they had no vibration. Took them out for a test flight and they are fine.

Today I received the package that was associated with the old order number. I picked up the package and it felt heavier than it should. I could also feel what seemed to be two boxes. I opened up the package and I have a set of black and a set of cyan (blue) blades.

The Test:

Cyan props first, I can tell as soon as I took them out they seemed made better. No flashing and they unfold easy. Did the smooth surface test and the drone was steady, no vibrations. Good Props!

Now for the black ones, They looked a lot better than the first set I got but there is a tiny bit of flashing on the edges. They didn't fold as easy as the Cyan ones. Did the smooth surface test and I have some vibrations, not as bad as the bad set I gotten originally. I am going to work on the edges a little bit and add the drop of oil to them. 6 out of 10 on these props.

Part 2 when the Orange props arrive in a couple of days.....

Part 2 when the Orange props arrive in a couple of days.....
Part 2 (A day sooner than I thought)

The Orange set I ordered with my refund from MAS came a day earlier than was listed.

They look as nice as the Cyan blades. I swapped over to the Orange set and did the smooth surface test. There was a little vibration. So I swapped the blades around and the vibration stopped. (I will be trying this on the black set) 9 out of 10

I took it outside for a short flight but the wind gusts were being unkind and the drone was all over the place. When I get a nice calm day I will take it out and do tests with the Original props and all 4 sets I have from MAS.

I have a friend I fly with that has an MA2 also. I will most likely be giving him the Cyan set. Not really a fan of that color.

Maybe a Part 3 after I get a chance to fly and try all of them.

IMG-3365.jpg

Reactions: Boyce555
Bad, low quality product. Don’t waste your time/money. Specially:

One of the props without the white marker meant to be mounted on a motor without a corresponding white marker will not mount because the hub on that prop is meant for a motor with a white marker. Certainly fits perfectly fine when I tried that (mounting unmarked prop onto a marked motor). Again, the prop does not have a white marker and has “N” stamped on the hub (N is also stamped on props with the white marker). The other prop without a white marker has “R” stamped on the hub and fits an unmarked motor just fine, as it should. So much for actually testing them to see if the reported vibration issue has been addressed or to see if they are indeed quieter.

Edges on 3 props look much rougher when compared to the 4th prop.

One of the props is certainly a different shade of orange than the other 3 props.

Disappointed to say the least. Left a voicemail and sent email regarding return instructions.

E1915490-55BB-4319-AE16-3B869F9486C8.jpeg
9D8ACA9E-0AC1-4B4E-A4B5-926F21CC7EC9.jpeg

Last edited:
Bad, low quality product. Don’t waste your time/money. Specially:

One of the props without the white marker meant to be mounted on a motor without a corresponding white marker will not mount because the hub on that prop is meant for a motor with a white marker. Certainly fits perfectly fine when I tried that (mounting unmarked prop onto a marked motor). Again, the prop does not have a white marker and has “N” stamped on the hub (N is also stamped on props with the white marker). The other prop without a white marker has “R” stamped on the hub and fits an unmarked motor just fine, as it should. So much for actually testing them to see if the reported vibration issue has been addressed or to see if they are indeed quieter.

Edges on 3 props look much rougher when compared to the 4th prop.

One of the props is certainly a different shade of orange than the other 3 props.

Disappointed to say the least. Left a voicemail and sent email regarding return instructions.

View attachment 127959
View attachment 127960
After leaving a voice mail and contacting them via their website last Saturday, I never heard directly from a anyone, but I did receive an alert email that a new shipment is on its way from MasterScrew (MS). Got it yesterday and sure enough this was another set of props that actually fit this time. Also much better looking and feeling edges. Color matches on all 4 props. Initial not very scientific sound test being placing the drone on top of a desk with motors idling and using NIOSH SLM app on iPhone 11 yielded the following results:

LAeq 3% quitter using MS props
Lmax 3% quitter using MS props
LCpeak 4% quitter using MS props
TWA 10% quitter using MS props

Not sure what the above really means at the end of the day, but the MS props did have lesser/quitter readings for all 4 categories. Last, I have to say that I am somewhat hesitant using these props on a $1500 drone given the experience, low quality of the initial props, incorrect hub/marking, color mismatch.... all of these being indicators of lack of quality control.

I received not 1 set, but 2 sets of props from MAS on Feb 22nd. Sadly the first box of props I opened up are not worth .5 cents, once again they are poorly trimmed and the drone vibrated on the floor. I’m yet to open the second box.
I see the saga of MAS vibrating props is still on going in the chat. It is now early May and I decided I would open up the second set of props MAS sent me back in February in good faith. As I said about the replacement set not being worth .5 cents, the second set are just as worthless. Poorly cut along the edges and not balanced. STAY AWAY FROM MAS. Even the stickers were not packed correctly, they were all bent and folded in the box.

Nit sure where they’re actually made, perhaps the US, but equally as possible (probable ?) from China.
Could be massive QC problems from yours and others descriptions.
I’ve had nothing but perfection and pleasing results from the stealth sets on my M1P and Spark.

I received mine yesterday and they had mold flashing on all four blades they didn't even trim them so no way they are balanced. I emailed the company also and no response. I purchased the orange for my mavic air 2.
I’ve emailed this company over 20 times I was a believer in there props in there helicopter rotor blades for years I will never buy another master air screw product again

Also received my MA2 blades and they were also defective. Contacted MA, waiting to hear back. I’m attaching a photo so you can see what the issue is.
o_O Those should never have gotten out of the door...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121