DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew Blades vibrating

Hi guys,

Like a lot of you I have purchased the Master Airscrew "Stealth" blades for my MA2.

This morning I saw a review by Russ on 51Drones YouTube showing how these blades make the MA2 vibrate on the ground prior to takeoff. This definitely should not happen. I tested mine, and sure enough witnessed the same thing. I have contacted Master Airscrew today requesting a full refund. They are yet to respond.

You can see the YouTube review by 51Drones here:

Cheers.

My black replacement props arrived a weeks or so back and they flew perfectly. Today I received a blue set of props. A quick flight shows that they too have zero problems.

- Math

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Well, I received my orange props, installed them and fired the drone up on the wood floor in my living room. The drone started to rotate a little, figured the props just had to loosen up a little. Let it idle on the floor for a bit, and went into a hover... it proceeded to drift right into a chair before I could land. Needless to say, two props cracked! :( It did seem a little quieter than the stock MA2 props though! I'm a little disappointed.

Reactions: Bearsfan77
I got my replacements. They look flawless, sound extremely quiet on the drone and the performance is great..BUT I got motor errors. "motor error. Check propellers and fly with caution" Not sure if I should give up on these or not. They are much quieter.

Props are looking good , sound great , no issues so far. No ring of death dance and props raised up giving nice clearance.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI in the Rain and Snow

Screenshot 02-11-2021 17.28.59.jpg

Received email today, replacement blades being shipped. ?

Well, I received my orange props, installed them and fired the drone up on the wood floor in my living room. The drone started to rotate a little, figured the props just had to loosen up a little. Let it idle on the floor for a bit, and went into a hover... it proceeded to drift right into a chair before I could land. Needless to say, two props cracked! :( It did seem a little quieter than the stock MA2 props though! I'm a little disappointed.
When you say "went into hover" at what height are we talking? VPS on with sufficient light? Floor have sufficient contrasting pattern (you mentioned wood, but is it duplicating in one line)?

Just tested the MS props in the House for 23 minutes , placed a Glass of water on top of the drone to check for vibrations and no ring of death dance. Super Quiet and the Prop raise high enough to validate the longer props.

I did make a video if anyone needs me to post it.
As i said in another thread i think MS is back on there game but need to discount those that purchased the props and send the replacements quickly.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain / Snow

Last edited:
When you say "went into hover" at what height are we talking? VPS on with sufficient light? Floor have sufficient contrasting pattern (you mentioned wood, but is it duplicating in one line)?
I was about 2 feet in the hover, and then it started to drift away into a chair when I raised it to about 4 feet.

I had to open a paypal case! The only way to get a response from them. I decided to opt for a replacement to be sent to me, that was a few weeks ago. PayPal has now refunded me the money thank god as no props ever turned up! Kinda lost all faith in even trusting these props on a £1000 drone anyway!! The propellers are quite a vital part in keeping the drone in the air ?

Reactions: Ron Staats
MAS finally answered my email and will be mailing my replacement props soon. I will follow up with an update. Thanks MAS.
I received not 1 set, but 2 sets of props from MAS on Feb 22nd. Sadly the first box of props I opened up are not worth .5 cents, once again they are poorly trimmed and the drone vibrated on the floor. I’m yet to open the second box.

Squidincs video is interesting. I’d be interested to know if the vibration is only present at lower motor RPM / thrust, or does it continue after takeoff? If the vibration is only noticeable at low RPM, when the drone is still on the ground, but not when flying, it could be due to the hinge being new and a bit tight that stop the blades assuming their correct position. With more RPM, and more centrifugal force, they may well balance themselves out.

I received the Orange replacements yesterday. I haven't installed and tried them on my MA2 yet, but the leading and trailing edges are much better but... I still see a slight bit of what I will call "flash" which may be within the process capability of the molding process and may function be just fine. I will post what I see when installed.
I'd love to have a "dynamic balancing" device so I could tweak them if needed, is there anything commercially available to do this??
I mentioned in the other thread, my original preorder set looked much better than some of these, but did have that same sharp edge like your talking about. I hit it with some 800 grit sandpaper and it smoothed them out and made it slightly quieter.

Reactions: Leckhart
I mentioned in the other thread, my original preorder set looked much better than some of these, but did have that same sharp edge like your talking about. I hit it with some 800 grit sandpaper and it smoothed them out and made it slightly quieter.
I did similar to the original set. They seem to be ok now. The flash on the replacements were much better than the originals but still not completely gone. Cleaning them up with 2000 grit makes them very smooth. I haven't done an A/B sound analysis to determine which blades are the most quite. The stock and both sets of orange blades now seem to run very smoothly when on the drone.

I had to open a paypal case! The only way to get a response from them. I decided to opt for a replacement to be sent to me, that was a few weeks ago. PayPal has now refunded me the money thank god as no props ever turned up! Kinda lost all faith in even trusting these props on a £1000 drone anyway!! The propellers are quite a vital part in keeping the drone in the air ?
After reading your post I opened a case with PayPal and suddenly got a response after almost 2 months of emails, phone calls and social media. In one day I got a reply. I guess you have to hit them in the wallet to get things done. Now I just wait and see if they are going to send me replacement props.

Reactions: Boyce555
After reading your post I opened a case with PayPal and suddenly got a response after almost 2 months of emails, phone calls and social media. In one day I got a reply. I guess you have to hit them in the wallet to get things done. Now I just wait and see if they are going to send me replacement props.
Yes i had the same problem as you! No reply until the PayPal case. Dont hold your breath though! Yes they responded quickly after that but failed to send me a replacement!
I had never heard of Masterair screw before and only read good things about them on this forum. I dont quite no whats happened to them but you dont run a business like they are currently! Wont be using again and certainly wont be recommending them ?

Yes i had the same problem as you! No reply until the PayPal case. Dont hold your breath though! Yes they responded quickly after that but failed to send me a replacement!
I had never heard of Masterair screw before and only read good things about them on this forum. I dont quite no whats happened to them but you dont run a business like they are currently! Wont be using again and certainly wont be recommending them ?
Same, they responded quickly and I accepted the offer of a replacements. I guess I can give them till March 12th and them click the button on PayPal that said it wasn't fulfilled. I ordered a couple of sets for my MA and had no issues with quality or shipping times..

Same, they responded quickly and I accepted the offer of a replacements. I guess I can give them till March 12th and them click the button on PayPal that said it wasn't fulfilled. I ordered a couple of sets for my MA and had no issues with quality or shipping times..
I hope you get your replacement set and that they are usable ??

Reactions: Ron Staats

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake