DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew Blades vibrating

You don't need a macro lens to see that the MA blades are not as clean as the OEM blades. Your Iphone will do the job.
The pitch may be more pleasing or less annoying but I have no idea how people convince themselves that it has better performance.
because with every single other model previous they have been superior performance, balanced and also quieter. Why would you not expect these not to be.

This is the reason people were keen to get these. It totally makes sense.

Reactions: kidroc
Blades arrived yesterday and they look exactly the same as other folks have posted pics of,poor quality control.

I will contact Master Airscrew and keep the MA2 community posted as to the outcome,I do not want replacements untill this issue is resolved ..if it ever does.

Reactions: Squidinc
I've been using MA's since the early 80's. Excellent quality. Wood and Fiber. Have them on my P3A, Flamewheel 550, Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom and numerous fixed wing. all are great. I ordered my MA2 and Spark props in late Dec. 2020. I finally got a ready to ship notice today. I'm hoping the late shipment is of their usual quality rather than that of which that has been shown and talked about in this forum. Very disappointing. But for me, I will give them the benefit of the dought. Wait and see.

Happy and safe flying

Received my MAS props today, they are clean and there are no vibrations. Mine shipped out Dec 28. To those having issues, I suggest you get a replacement. Be patient, they may have more on their hands than they can handle.

I've been using MA's since the early 80's. Excellent quality. Wood and Fiber. Have them on my P3A, Flamewheel 550, Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom and numerous fixed wing. all are great. I ordered my MA2 and Spark props in late Dec. 2020. I finally got a ready to ship notice today. I'm hoping the late shipment is of their usual quality rather than that of which that has been shown and talked about in this forum. Very disappointing. But for me, I will give them the benefit of the dought. Wait and see.

Happy and safe flying
It seems you have a history with MA , please give the community your opinion on the quality,I received my order (for MA2) 2 days ago and will not install them,I can take pics of the quality control issues but since there are other forum members have already done that..no need for me to add pics.

Just opened mine for (MA), got them yesterday. I wiped off the flash with a fingernail there was so little.
Look fine will have to wait and see if they vibrate.

Also received my MA2 blades and they were also defective. Contacted MA, waiting to hear back. I’m attaching a photo so you can see what the issue is.

I don’t understand why people are still buying this junk. They’re clearly not suitable and extremely poor quality. A lot of people are being taken for a ride.

When I did my original report on these last year, I compared their props with DJI. I like MAS performance, but out-or-the-box, more of them will need attention. I made this pre-balance jig that perfectly positions the blades 180 degrees from each other. Then they go on a DuBro or similar balance device.

y2TCywD.png

When I did my original report on these last year, I compared their props with DJI. I like MAS performance, but out-or-the-box, more of them will need attention. I made this pre-balance jig that perfectly positions the blades 180 degrees from each other. Then they go on a DuBro or similar balance device.

y2TCywD.png
That’s great... But I wished they advertised their props as “Kits” and not a finished product!

Because I ordered mine when availability was first announced!! The Company has (now maybe had) an outstanding reputation!

Definitely shot their reputation. Clearly zero quality control and that says a lot about management.

BTW, nothing aimed at you.

Happy and safe flying
HI all, well as much as i hate to write this... I received my order from MAS order today. I was disappointed. both sets of the MA2'a had flashing and were not balanced. I put the first set on fired it up and it vibrated in a clockwise motion on the table about .25" every 2 seconds. i then removed the flashing with 400 grit paper with the same results. Spark props purchased looked great, but I have not tried them yet. will update after I try them.

This is not their standard and I'm hoping they will resolve this soon and make amends to those of us who have supported them all these years. I will keep all posted as to the results. thx

Happy and Safe Flying

Reactions: Bearsfan77
I was going to get a set for my new Air 2 but after seeing the multiple posts on here and seeing a video from 51 Drones on YouTube I decided against it. I’m so glad I joined this forum today because my drone should be here tomorrow and I’ve been ordering a few things for it already and the initial talk I heard about Master Airscrew was very positive and that with the fact they have been in business 40+ years had me convinced but I didn’t order right then and today and I’m really glad I didn’t.

Hi guys,

Like a lot of you I have purchased the Master Airscrew "Stealth" blades for my MA2.

This morning I saw a review by Russ on 51Drones YouTube showing how these blades make the MA2 vibrate on the ground prior to takeoff. This definitely should not happen. I tested mine, and sure enough witnessed the same thing. I have contacted Master Airscrew today requesting a full refund. They are yet to respond.

You can see the YouTube review by 51Drones here:

Cheers.
I’ve always bought master air screw props for anything that I had that they were available for the Mavic Air 2 mind do not vibrate but I will say the quality of them is not on par with all the other ones that I’ve ever bought and I’m very disappointed in him and I’m glad that I save the three dollars by buying the black ones

A Master screw up!!! Mine didn't look to bad when they arrived. Took some super fine paper to them and had them looking nice! Tried them on the drone but unfortunately the drone started to spin round on the floor.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer