Master Airscrew Blades vibrating

Squidinc

I come from a land “down under”
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtu.be
Hi guys,

Like a lot of you I have purchased the Master Airscrew "Stealth" blades for my MA2.

This morning I saw a review by Russ on 51Drones YouTube showing how these blades make the MA2 vibrate on the ground prior to takeoff. This definitely should not happen. I tested mine, and sure enough witnessed the same thing. I have contacted Master Airscrew today requesting a full refund. They are yet to respond.

You can see the YouTube review by 51Drones here:

Cheers.

I did a post on their props for the Mavic 2 last year. A higher percentage of their props were out of balance than with new DJI stock pros. I let them know, they said return them. I balance them instead - - I do like the performance though.

Reactions: Pautna and Squidinc
Oh poop, it’s definitely got issues with the mold here & there (flashing) and balancing now.

mine arrive soon. Fingers crossed but it doesn’t look good In Australia so probably not worth sending back. Keep them I suppose for emergencies. If I get issues though I will definitely let them know. Ahh so disappointing.

Oh poop, it’s definitely got issues with the mold here & there (flashing) and balancing now.

mine arrive soon. Fingers crossed but it doesn’t look good In Australia so probably not worth sending back. Keep them I suppose for emergencies. If I get issues though I will definitely let them know. Ahh so disappointing.
Yep.. Not sure if they will want me to return them? Have put a PayPal return case in motion though. I’ve gone back to a brand new set of stock DJI props. They are rock solid & perfectly balanced.

Reactions: Bearsfan77
Yep.. Not sure if they will want me to return them? Have put a PayPal return case in motion though. I’ve gone back to a brand new set of stock DJI props. They are rock solid & perfectly balanced.

Just a suggestion, let the company make it right before filing a case with PayPal. It's the weekend, most companies are closed until Monday.

I own two online retail businesses and offer PayPal for payment. If a customer has an issue with our products, I will ALWAYS make it right - but you probably won't hear from me until Monday. But Monday morning, it's fixed!

If you file a case with PayPal, I'm at their mercy. They hold the money until they decide what the resolution should be. I don't get to make it right. Once in a while a customer emails and says they filed a claim with PayPal. My answer is that we now just have to wait and see what happens. Sometimes that takes 30 days.

The same vibration problem has been reported for their M2 prop. The owner believed that it is due to the hinge being too tight preventing the blades from swinging freely.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bearsfan77
Hi guys,

Like a lot of you I have purchased the Master Airscrew "Stealth" blades for my MA2.

This morning I saw a review by Russ on 51Drones YouTube showing how these blades make the MA2 vibrate on the ground prior to takeoff. This definitely should not happen. I tested mine, and sure enough witnessed the same thing. I have contacted Master Airscrew today requesting a full refund. They are yet to respond.

You can see the YouTube review by 51Drones here:

Cheers.
Thanks for posting,please keep the MA2 community updated as to Master Airscrew response,I'm expecting my stealth blades from them any day now.

I had posted earlier that I had contacted them about mine and sent them pics. They were quick to respond saying they would replace these immediately. ***Update *** They have not sent replacements and no longer respond. I cleaned the blade flashing off but the tips have both thick flashing and pits. Cleaning them up still leaves the pits which aerodynamically cause turbulence at the tip and vibrations. Paying what I did for 2 sets, I or no one here, should need to rework these props. Huge disappointment. If anything changes I will update my post.

I ordered a set of Master Airscrew blades on January 6th. As of today (1/11), they have not shipped to my knowledge. I was wondering why until I ran into "51 Drones" review and exposing the unbalance problem. I don't want these shipped unless they've corrected the problem.

You don't need a macro lens to see that the MA blades are not as clean as the OEM blades. Your Iphone will do the job.
The pitch may be more pleasing or less annoying but I have no idea how people convince themselves that it has better performance.

Thanks for posting,please keep the MA2 community updated as to Master Airscrew response,I'm expecting my stealth blades from them any day now.
I must say Master Airscrew have been quick to respond to my PayPal case, but not to my email so far. Via PayPal they state that they believe there is a balance problem. They have offered either a set of replacement blades or a full refund. I’ve opted for the full refund.

I had posted earlier that I had contacted them about mine and sent them pics. They were quick to respond saying they would replace these immediately. ***Update *** They have not sent replacements and no longer respond. I cleaned the blade flashing off but the tips have both thick flashing and pits. Cleaning them up still leaves the pits which aerodynamically cause turbulence at the tip and vibrations. Paying what I did for 2 sets, I or no one here, should need to rework these props. Huge disappointment. If anything changes I will update my post.
Very disappointing. They have responded to my PayPal case offering a set of replacement blades or a full refund.

Just a suggestion, let the company make it right before filing a case with PayPal. It's the weekend, most companies are closed until Monday.

I own two online retail businesses and offer PayPal for payment. If a customer has an issue with our products, I will ALWAYS make it right - but you probably won't hear from me until Monday. But Monday morning, it's fixed!

If you file a case with PayPal, I'm at their mercy. They hold the money until they decide what the resolution should be. I don't get to make it right. Once in a while a customer emails and says they filed a claim with PayPal. My answer is that we now just have to wait and see what happens. Sometimes that takes 30 days.

I disagree. I emailed them at the same time that I lodged a PayPal case. They have not responded to my email request for a refund, but have to my PayPal request! To their credit they have accepted that there is a balance issue with the props. They have offered either a replacement set of blades, or a full refund. I’ve opted for the refund. I am really glad I used PayPal to purchase them. It’s a great insurance if things go wrong with an online purchase.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98