DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 falling from the sky - Complete failure

At least it went into the water. I wonder if this was the reason behind DJI’s missed release date. I hope it can be solved. Otherwise it’ll end up like Karma.

Possibly, but, since it's the only case of ESC failure that has been reported on this forum and since they likely fixed whatever held up the release, it doesn't seem very likely.

It sucks that you crashed....and I haven’t yet read all the posts...but my initial thought is that the flight for life helicopter that was coming in for a landing at that heli pad you’re flying over smacked into it! Hope everyone on board was ok!
Is this a r/c flying field with a big heli pad or are you seriously flying directly over a full scale landing pad??

It sucks that you crashed....and I haven’t yet read all the posts...but my initial thought is that the flight for life helicopter that was coming in for a landing at that heli pad you’re flying over smacked into it! Hope everyone on board was ok!
Is this a r/c flying field with a big heli pad or are you seriously flying directly over a full scale landing pad??

You should have read all the posts and see it's an old landing pad. it's not used anymore.

You should have read all the posts and see it's an old landing pad. it's not used anymore.

Like I said, I didn’t read them all...just watched the video. But glad to know it’s an old pad that’s not used![emoji106] My apologies to the OP. He maybe should have stated that in the beginning. There are a lot of folks out there just not flying safe or where they should be. Looks like he has a great place to fly now!

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
Wow between these issues and the gimbal issues this has to be one of the worst releases they’ve had to date. Loved my M2P before the gimbal burned out after a day of use, but I’m sitting this one out until some real progress is made with reliability. Good luck to those dealing with warranty claims. Hopefully DJI steps up and admits that a good amount of units are defective.

Not even close to being their worst release. That honor goes to MP1. Same issues you guys are having but in greater quantity and that's after many of us waited months to get one.

If you look back in this forum old MP posts you will find Fly always, battery pack dropping out, ESC problems, numerous camera issues, disconnect issues and just about everything else under the sun.

When your an early adopter this is the chance you take! Most people will have no issues but a certain percentage will. Just hang tight, fly conservatively and wait for DJI to do the updates and you guys will be fine. Wish I had an MP2 like the rest of you lucky people. If I was you I would just enjoy it and have fun.

Rob

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
Not even close to being their worst release. That honor goes to MP1. Same issues you guys are having but in greater quantity and that's after many of us waited months to get one.

If you look back in this forum old MP posts you will find Fly always, battery pack dropping out, ESC problems, numerous camera issues, disconnect issues and just about everything else under the sun.

When your an early adopter this is the chance you take! Most people will have no issues but a certain percentage will. Just hang tight, fly conservatively and wait for DJI to do the updates and you guys will be fine. Wish I had an MP2 like the rest of you lucky people. If I was you I would just enjoy it and have fun.

Rob

I always wait for a year after new Windows products come out... same with any new high tech electronics.

I always wait for a year after new Windows products come out... same with any new high tech electronics.

That makes sense, I was an early buyer of spark and I loved it every single day. It was very reliable & didn't have any issues
It's a tiny drone, even though I fly safe, I didn't worry too much about it falling down.

the mp2 is quite heavy for something that could fall down. I am thinking about going back to spark/air, just for the peace of mind it gives.

Because the DJI can't figure out what happened next and they just offer a 30% discount. NO WAY. If you can't figure it out, make your customer happy. in my case, the battery popped off and they said the log got cut off so they don't know what happened next. OF COURSE, the log was cut, the battery popped off. and yes i installed the battery properly. i know i need to hear it click. it was the 3rd flight in about 10 minutes. the first two flights was successful with no issues. that's why i went for the 3rd one.

if there's a DJI people here please check my case. I need a totally free drone using my Refresh.

Case #: CAS-2234603-V1Q7H9

Because the DJI can't figure out what happened next and they just offer a 30% discount. NO WAY. If you can't figure it out, make your customer happy. in my case, the battery popped off and they said the log got cut off so they don't know what happened next. OF COURSE, the log was cut, the battery popped off. and yes i installed the battery properly. i know i need to hear it click. it was the 3rd flight in about 10 minutes. the first two flights was successful with no issues. that's why i went for the 3rd one.

if there's a DJI people here please check my case. I need a totally free drone using my Refresh.

There's no documented history of batteries just "popping off" Mavics, so I would expect DJI support to be a little skeptical.

You are in the wrong forum to talk to DJI reps - you need to head over to the official DJI forum.

There's no documented history of batteries just "popping off" Mavics, so I would expect DJI support to be a little skeptical.

You are in the wrong forum to talk to DJI reps - you need to head over to the official DJI forum.

Thanks. I raised it to the DJI forum now.

You would get a better response if you post your case number in DJ's own forum.

Reactions: vinmunoz

Rob

Very true, I am amazed at how few 'alleged' flyaways there have been since the MP2 started shipping. When the MP1 launched there were dozens of reported flyaways and again with the Air. I was also one of the MP1 people who waited 3 months to receive the drone it flew faultlessly from day 1. The Air was also faultless for me but many flyaways reported just after they started shipping.

There have been some interesting mishaps, which are inevitable with any flying device, most seem to be pilot induced with a few genuine failures in there too. I have had many DJI drones over the years, the only one I ever had issues with was my first one, a Phantom 3 Advanced which had a faulty compass from day one. Once fixed it gave trouble free service.

Looks like the lessons of the MP1 were learned and implemented into the MP2 is paying off with very few flyaways reported. As for '40 falling from the sky' not sure I have seen that many reported and I visit the two main forums! Yes I am an early adopter, I don't mind that I have discovered and reported bugs to DJI in the past its part of the process and the interest.

If I read about a failure which appears to be a software bug I will recreate the described situation, within reason, and see if the issue can be recreated. I find that process quite interesting and it sometimes actually throws up some unexpected results, more often than not the aircraft does perform as expected.

WOW!!! And thats what i mean! Co is worth a billion dollars and can afford to #DoTheRightThing by sending a new bird out when its them which most likely all with the new series are the testers like the first Gen
maybe dji rushed em to market since the competition just released their new bird.
since many important features were left out of the m2,it appears even more to be rushed to market.

30% off full price and get AC only? That's not a discount.
Now if it were 30% off of retail price for AC only, that's different.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147