DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Plus on the way in 2020?

Probably nothing more than 6g less weight to get it into the more flexible category and possibly ADS-B.
I cant see them releasing anything with any useful new features for a while.

Reactions: Thomas B
Probably nothing more than 6g less weight to get it into the more flexible category and possibly ADS-B.

I’m sure any improvements would be minor, like Mavic Pro to Pro Platinum.

Reactions: Classic flyer
Like the iPhone or Canon cameras, trickling out incremental changes/improvements to entice continual upgrades out of as many people as possible.

Reactions: Shon
Mainly worthless for anyone outside the US as nearly all the air traffic likely to conflict isnt sending ADS-B.
i'll take it. if drone pilots can take advantage of the misinformation, touche. my drone has collision avoidance anti-plane detection...how about the other aircraft get up to speed, too?

Maybe if you want to pay each and every one of them several thousand dollars they'll take you up on that offer.
Meanwhile, in the real world, ADS-B is useless for most aircraft likely to conflict with a drone outside the USA after Jan 2020.

Maybe if you want to pay each and every one of them several thousand dollars they'll take you up on that offer.
Meanwhile, in the real world, ADS-B is useless for most aircraft likely to conflict with a drone outside the USA after Jan 2020.

it's going to take more than paying the commercial aviation industry to get them to update to the latest technology and get up to speed. i'll still take it because that's how the real world sees it and it would be to our advantage, not on paper, but in the real world perception.

Not sure how you'd class ADS-B as the latest technology. ITs been around decades and the bandwidth is already saturated.
It's also a security nightmare.
The reason people arent updating is because theres absolutely no need to.

If you really want ADS-B you can plug a dongle into your phone and spend about $15 and you dont need to wait.

Easy camera swapping would be what sells this.

You mean this is integrated in this drones or you installed something on your own ? If it is integrated, where can we read more about this ?
The EARS system is already fully integrated into all but the most hard of hearing pilots! ;)

Last edited:
There's room for further improvements in the camera.
I understand the sensor is similar if not same as Sony RX100 but that camera does significantly better photos and video even at lower bitrate.
While a Mavic couldn't lift an RX100 the guts of it don't weigh so much.
A better lens is heaviest part most likely.
More realistically the Osmo Action seems to manage better video, again lens could be more versatile.

If they can overcome the heat issue, 4k@60fps would be a very welcome improvement!

Feature Request: Memory card access over wifi. I'm sick of fingering my SD card hatch open, juggling it into my house to my computer, forgetting to return it to the drone when I head out, etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan