DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro stops frequently while RTH

jitianm

Reactions
Hello everyone, I have an annoying problem with my Mavic 2 Pro. When the aircraft is in RTH it stops frequently for a few seconds and then resumes RTH. Overall time of RTH is very long and is not safe. I have to cancel RTH and bring the drone manually in sport mode to be sure the time will be enough for safe landing. I have the latest firmware installed. Solutions, Suggestions? Thank you!

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

I’m thinking the dreaded sunburn issue. Apply sport mode cream.
Problem solved.

Updated: guess I got this one wrong.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: CJH92474
Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Here is the link for the flight log:
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
I remember that I switched off the Obstacle Avoidance System (at 8m6.2s in the log), so I really don't know if the sensors are to blame, even though the weather was cloudy-sunny...
The drone is repeatedly stopping in RTH (after decreasing speed) and then it is resuming his way to Home...

The aircraft was stopping because the mode was switched to autolanding. The first two times appears to have been user input requesting autoland. The third time was commanded by the FC when the battery % fell below SMART_BATTERY_landBattery.

View attachment 70163

I don't remember to have requested auto landing...
I simply triggered RTH... and I have noticed the repeated stops on the way home... I have decided to put the drone in sport mode and to return manually to shorten the return time and avoid a crash due to battery exhaustion till home point

Here is another example of repeated stops in RTH:
In this case the RTH was trigerred automatically by Dji Go 4 App ("Low Power. Returning Home" message) after 16m20s.
I was in Sport mode (so no active Obstacle Avoidance System) when RTH have trigerred...
The stops repeated several times till I decide to bring the drone home manually...

Here is another example of repeated stops in RTH:
In this case the RTH was trigerred automatically by Dji Go 4 App ("Low Power. Returning Home" message) after 16m20s.
I was in Sport mode (so no active Obstacle Avoidance System) when RTH have trigerred...
The stops repeated several times till I decide to bring the drone home manually...

This is a completely different issue - here the FC is braking and requesting sticks to mid-point. If you look at the pitch excursions:

All the brake points are triggered at very large pitch values - the first one at 60°. These are not normal. You have modified the flight parameters - correct? If so then you are likely to see this kind of behavior.

This is a completely different issue - here the FC is braking and requesting sticks to mid-point. If you look at the pitch excursions:

View attachment 70169

All the brake points are triggered at very large pitch values - the first one at 60°. These are not normal. You have modified the flight parameters - correct? If so then you are likely to see this kind of behavior.

I didn' t know that I am not allowed to modify the position of the gimbal while RTH...
On my other drone (Phantom 3 SE) I have not such
problems... I am even allowed to fly backwards while RTH!
So why these limitations on Mavic 2 Pro?

I didn' t know that I am not allowed to modify the position of the gimbal while RTH...
On my other drone (Phantom 3 SE) I have not such
problems... I am even allowed to fly backwards while RTH!
So why these limitations on Mavic 2 Pro?

I'm not sure what you are asking. I didn't mention anything related to the gimbal. I was referring to the maximum tilt angle.

didn't
I'm not sure what you are asking. I didn't mention anything related to the gimbal. I was referring to the maximum tilt angle.

While RTH I modified only the gimbal position. I didn't modify any other flight parameters. I thought that you are referring to the gimbal when use the terms pitch or tilt... so what do you mean by saying that I modified the flight parameters?

didn't

While RTH I modified only the gimbal position. I didn't modify any other flight parameters. I thought that you are referring to the gimbal when use the terms pitch or tilt... so what do you mean by saying that I modified the flight parameters?

The pitch values that occurred during that flight are well beyond the maximum tilt permitted in sport mode. If you did not modify the parameters to allow that then I suspect that you may have either a firmware or a hardware issue.

Reactions: kilomikebravo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21