DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 too small?

E92Vancouver

Reactions
Just flew my M2Z today. What a difference coming from a P4. This thing is quiet and so small, you can easily lose sight of it. It is so quiet and small, no one notices it except for the birds that were chasing me. So I put it in sport mode and chased them back. That got rid of them.

Reactions: Point Zero
Just flew my M2Z today. What a difference coming from a P4. This thing is quiet and so small, you can easily lose sight of it. It is so quiet and small, no one notices it except for the birds that were chasing me. So I put it in sport mode and chased them back. That got rid of them.
I think that a brontosaurus is small compared to a Phantom 4. However, if compared to its little brothers, the Mavic 2 is a 4s behemoth.

20190119_161101.jpeg

I lose mine in the sky all the time. Have to turn on the landing light

That's why I wrapped mine in orange and am mounting four strobes. The wrap really helped but I expect the strobes to be the ultimate way to maintain VLOS when the orange is just a speck.

That's why I wrapped mine in orange and am mounting four strobes. The wrap really helped but I expect the strobes to be the ultimate way to maintain VLOS when the orange is just a speck.

Yep! What color strobes will you be using and where will you be putting them? I know you fly full scale airplanes, and so do I so I like the standard "left is red, right is green, rear is blinking white.

Yep! What color strobes will you be using and where will you be putting them?

Rob: I've read that the colored strobes are not as bright as the white ones so I went with all white to start with. I should be able to tell the aircraft orientation from Go4 so I skipped the standard Navigation Light protocol and plan to start with max brightness. Figuring the optimum location and facing direction for the strobes may take some time.

Rob: I've read that the colored strobes are not as bright as the white ones so I went with all white to start with. I should be able to tell the aircraft orientation from Go4 so I skipped the standard Navigation Light protocol and plan to start with max brightness. Figuring the optimum location and facing direction for the strobes may take some time.

After thinking about it, your approach might be the best. White lights will help VLOS more than any other color, especially at a distance. At night, you can see airliners from 20 miles away with their white landing lights on, and white strobes. Having all white wont help much with orientation, but will surely give you more range for VLOS.

I think the overcast skies dont help in LOS. Plus the grey color of the M2.

HEY, are you making fun of our perpetual OVERCAST skies here in the pacific northWET or northWET Washington? I drove 20 miles to fly there and got there and it was drizzling. I read in the car for half an hour and it stopped drizzling. I have acquired the Cree lights to provide a bit more visibility.

I am awaiting your review of the WETSUIT that caused so much angst a few days back!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom