DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom 1No.ESC Error after Crash in Water

ccaff

Reactions
Was unit in a crash? yes, tree branch 15' high and fell in 4' water near water line, Fresh water

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Iphone

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Tried latest and downgrade downloads in attempt to resolve 1No.ESC Error

What Go app version are you using? Latest Version

The Story and what was done so far.
Drone was submerged in fresh water for 2 minutes tops before being retrieved. Drone was still running when found(battery on, props not running) , Battery removed immediately, dried out for 7 days naturally sitting open on a air purifier for a flow path (NO added heat to dry faster) Esc Error was still present after starting up once dry. In ESC Status on the App it says 1No.ESC Error. I tried replacing the ESC board thinking it was fried but the same messages remains after start up with New ESC Board installed. All four Props rotate in sync and light up displaying no issues and there is no visible damage to all four motors The 1No.ESC error (Right Front Arm) has wires attached to Esc board with no signs of issue. Can the motor burn out but still operate during start up and move in sync fine or should the Motor(Front Right) be replaced?

Was unit in a crash? yes, tree branch 15' high and fell in 4' water near water line, Fresh water

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Iphone

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Tried latest and downgrade downloads in attempt to resolve 1No.ESC Error

What Go app version are you using? Latest Version

The Story and what was done so far.
Drone was submerged in fresh water for 2 minutes tops before being retrieved. Drone was still running when found(battery on, props not running) , Battery removed immediately, dried out for 7 days naturally sitting open on a air purifier for a flow path (NO added heat to dry faster) Esc Error was still present after starting up once dry. In ESC Status on the App it says 1No.ESC Error. I tried replacing the ESC board thinking it was fried but the same messages remains after start up with New ESC Board installed. All four Props rotate in sync and light up displaying no issues and there is no visible damage to all four motors The 1No.ESC error (Right Front Arm) has wires attached to Esc board with no signs of issue. Can the motor burn out but still operate during start up and move in sync fine or should the Motor(Front Right) be replaced?

what about the IMU cold have broken in the crash. ?

I have had an issue in the past with an esc error similar to yours. I ended up replacing the motor and it solved the problem. I too thought the main esc board was bad and I had replaced it too at first, to find out it was something with the motor. At least this solved my issue, hope this helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+