Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
New firmware has been released for the Mavic 3. Here are the notable changes:
  • Fixed issue causing IMU calibration to fail sometimes
  • Fixed some minor bugs for DJI RC Pro
The full list of changes are available in the Mavic 3 release notes on the Mavic 3 downloads page.

Reactions: GrimtheViking
Oh, thanks for the notice. I was really hoping for waypoints, or more automation tools.

I guess the IMU fix is a good thing. But there is nothing else in the release note:

Date: 2022.06.16
Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0800
RC-N1 Remote Controller Firmware: v04.13.0600
DJI RC Pro Remote Controller Firmware: v03.01.0800
DJI Fly App iOS: v1.6.4
DJI Fly App Android: v1.6.4

What’s New?
 Fixed issue: some aircrafts failed to calibrate IMU.
 Fixed some minor bugs for DJI RC Pro.

Notes:  If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry

The RC Pro compass calibration for the RC Pro itself, under the RC Pro Settings menu, still hasn’t been fixed! Just zips through in a flash, and says "Done!" before letting you do the calibration which it demonstrates before pressing Start! RC Pro compass direction when trying to face the drone is always off by roughly 20° on the map or the radar!

Reactions: simonr23
The RC Pro compass calibration for the RC Pro itself, under the RC Pro Settings menu, still hasn’t been fixed! Just zips through in a flash, and says "Done!" before letting you do the calibration which it demonstrates before pressing Start! RC Pro compass direction when trying to face the drone is always off by roughly 20° on the map or the radar!
Do you feel the compass is off? Mine seems to be fine and I've never touched the compass calibration.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Do you feel the compass is off? Mine seems to be fine and I've never touched the compass calibration.
Yes, by about 20°, relative to where I am pointing on the map. I think going through the motions of the compass calibration, as depicted, may also help, even if isn't done through the calibration routine that immediately says "Done!" It seems to work on the Mavic 2 Pro when the iPad loses compass direction due to the Hall Effect from the iPad being above the sticks. Just roll the iPad and attached controller (while in flight) in a figure 8 to reset it correctly!

I updated to 1.00.0800. I did not initiate any calibration since both the RC Pro and Mavic 3 were recently calibrated a few months ago and I have not changed locations. I had maps cached and I too noticed that the drone position in the sky was not reflected correctly (relative to my position). I then decided to connect my RC Pro to my iPhone via hotspot and after a few minutes it seemed to fix the orientation..

I normally only do those when asked to from the app or after a FW update- force of habit.
Well, when it is visibly off, however slightly, and the RC Pro compass calibration routine doesn't operate properly, there is a problem. Can anyone get the RC Pro Settings/Compass Calibration to work properly? It did work properly once, on one of the prior FW updates, after not working originally on the prior FW versions, but all subsequent updates have broken it again!

Well, when it is visibly off, however slightly, and the RC Pro compass calibration routine doesn't operate properly, there is a problem. Can anyone get the RC Pro Settings/Compass Calibration to work properly? It did work properly once, on one of the prior FW updates, after not working originally on the prior FW versions, but all subsequent updates have broken it again!
I was wary of updating doing for RC Pro and drone, will see if it caused any issues.

I was wary of updating doing for RC Pro and drone, will see if it caused any issues.
This wouldn't be a new problem, as it there was only one FW version back in January that fixed it, and the RC Pro Compass calibration hasn't worked properly since the update after. It immediately says "Done!" before you have actually done anything, other than click "Start Compass Calibration."

This wouldn't be a new problem, as it there was only one FW version back in January that fixed it, and the RC Pro Compass calibration hasn't worked properly since the update after. It immediately says "Done!" before you have actually done anything, other than click "Start Compass Calibration."
I tried the Pro compass calibration after update, I rolled it from top to down and looked at screen still asking to go sideways, once that was done the compass calibration disappeared so it seems to be working for me.

New firmware has been released for the Mavic 3. Here are the notable changes:
  • Fixed issue causing IMU calibration to fail sometimes
  • Fixed some minor bugs for DJI RC Pro
The full list of changes are available in the Mavic 3 release notes on the Mavic 3 downloads page.
Great ,. finally i had success this morning with IMU calibration. followed by a long flight .. now i can rest .

Reactions: UAVquadman
I tried the Pro compass calibration after update, I rolled it from top to down and looked at screen still asking to go sideways, once that was done the compass calibration disappeared so it seems to be working for me.
Maybe there is some trick to doing correctly that I am missing.
When I select Compass Calibration from the RC Pro Settings menu, it initially comes up with a video playing, showing how to do the calibration. There is also a Start button on the screen. After watching the looping video, as soon as I press Start, it immediately says "Done! Calibration Succeeded" I never get a chance to follow the procedure. What are you doing differently from me? I've tried it without connecting to the drone. I've tried it while connected to the drone. However, I've not tried it while in flight. Are you doing it while in flight?

Last edited:
Maybe there is some trick to doing correctly that I am missing.
When I select Compass Calibration from the RC Pro Settings menu, it initially comes up with a video playing, showing how to do the calibration. There is also a Start button on the screen. After watching the looping video, as soon as I press Start, it immediately says "Done! Calibration Succeeded" I never get a chance to follow the procedure. What are you doing differently from me? I've tried it without connecting to the drone. I've tried it while connected to the drone. However, I've not tried it while in flight. Are you doing it while in flight?
Have you tried resetting the RC maybe? Mine shows that video and allows me to run through the calibration properly.

Have you tried resetting the RC maybe? Mine shows that video and allows me to run through the calibration properly.
I have not. Is that a menu option? That sounds like a reformat that would lose everything I have done to it since purchase, which isn't worth it, especially since there is no assurance yet that it will fix the problem. Mine did the calibration properly under only one of the many FW versions, but not the first and not the most recent ones. Surely, I am not the only one with this issue, or am I?

Yes, by about 20°, relative to where I am pointing on the map. I think going through the motions of the compass calibration, as depicted, may also help, even if isn't done through the calibration routine that immediately says "Done!" It seems to work on the Mavic 2 Pro when the iPad loses compass direction due to the Hall Effect from the iPad being above the sticks. Just roll the iPad and attached controller (while in flight) in a figure 8 to reset it correctly!
Thanks for the information..! Because the truth was that information was not used to calibrate the compass on the IPad. I have never noticed a deviation between the Radar and the aircraft's nose orientation. If I have noticed it when I use Android and perform the recalibration of the tablet and it is Ok. I think it is a very important point, to have the compass of your device well calibrated and to make sure that both the direction of the nose of the aircraft and the reference point that the radar has coincide on the radar and that ours is the direction in which the RC. Very few times I have read that they make references to this topic that I believe is very important to be able to guide us in a better way to know about the location of the Drone, especially if the video image fails and you have to return manually to the point of departure. Greetings 🖖🏿

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I am trying to download V01.00.0800 but for some reason its stuck at 39% past 15 minutes. Any advice?

Downloaded this last night and first flight the App kept crashing using a RC Pro controller. Any others experienced this?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoTony