DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 range and time tests

Suren

Reactions
Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 5.50.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-28 at 5.50.06 PM.pngI did some tests this weekend, flying out till I get a low battery warning and the other was to fly as long as I can to try and meet the 46 minute flight time advertised by Dji. I found that I could fly much longer but had to steadily hold the stick half way forward to keep the speed between 27 and 33kmh.

What's the warning at the top?

What plan limit? You have to buy some upgrades?

Where is that place?

the webpage is airdata,
There a various plans, the freebie one limits you to 100 stored flights. The others, with bigger storage limits and other benefits, cost.
I have the freebie version lol

Reactions: Pixeldawg
Nice test. It was cool to see all the stats that airdata offers and the results of your speed test for duration. I would be way too worried to land my new M3 at 1% battery power lol. I hope you got back to the landing area before 1% power remaining...

I do not recommend you drain the battery that low. You will damage that LiPo in that way. Nice test.

Reactions: crlmjohnson
Nice test. It was cool to see all the stats that airdata offers and the results of your speed test for duration. I would be way too worried to land my new M3 at 1% battery power lol. I hope you got back to the landing area before 1% power remaining...
Thanks, it made it back to homeport with no issues

Reactions: Point Zero
Nice Range test ! Checkout Dustin Dunnill on you tube. Yikes ! I could not do that with drones in the Mavic 3 price range not to mention what a bvlos fine could cost if you lost it. That area looks pretty empty, nice place to fly. Thanks for the share, it's impressive!

Reactions: zeusfl
Hopefully we don't have a lot of other M3 pilots doing the same tests (illegal in most countries) and losing their expensive drones.
Maybe if some of these characters who blatantly disregard rules and willingly put manned aircraft at risk would lose their expensive drones (toys) then maybe they might learn a lesson and then educate themselves on the importance of VLOS.

Nice Range test ! Checkout Dustin Dunnill on you tube. Yikes ! I could not do that with drones in the Mavic 3 price range not to mention what a bvlos fine could cost if you lost it. That area looks pretty empty, nice place to fly. Thanks for the share, it's impressive!
Yeah, I watch his video, excellent range. I was nervous at 0%

Maybe if some of these characters who blatantly disregard rules and willingly put manned aircraft at risk would lose their expensive drones (toys) then maybe they might learn a lesson and then educate themselves on the importance of VLOS.
Thats a bit rude. We do range tests with our own money and at no point did I put any manned aircraft at risk. When and if I do these tests I always do it at the shore line and never in flight paths of manned aircrafts.

Reactions: thispilothere
Thats a bit rude. We do range tests with our own money and at no point did I put any manned aircraft at risk. When and if I do these tests I always do it at the shore line and never in flight paths of manned aircrafts.
I have noticed coming into this hobby how many self-righteous users there are. Thank you for your test.

@Mantrain it's not that people are self righteous, rather it is that they fear the possible consequences of flights such as the one in your opening "Papa" thread.

Thanks, yeah I don't always fly my batteries down, like to land at 30% most of the time.
Rule of thumb, from fpv, is to land around 3.7 to 3.8.

I do hope these batteries fare much better than the swollen mess that was the MP2 batteries.

Manned aircraft or not.it was still beyond VLOS,naughty

• Haha
Reactions: Suren
Rule of thumb, from fpv, is to land around 3.7 to 3.8.

I do hope these batteries fare much better than the swollen mess that was the MP2 batteries.
I always try to land at 30% but flew my Zoom and Mavic 2 a lot to 0%. Had them both for 2 years and never had an issue with swollen batteries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mupps64