DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Controller won't Connect to my Phone

Are you using a brand new sdcard if not try to make everything work without an SD card since you have 8gb of inside storage

It wasn’t working when I first got it. Same exact problems and symptoms that I describe above. I figured maybe there was a firmware update that would fix the issues so I install the DJI assistant 2 app and updated both the controller and the drone to the latest version. The updates installed with no problems at all, but the phone still won’t connect. I’ve also completely uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI fly app

So yes, I tried before and after updating. I only updated through the computer because it wasn’t working already.

You can’t activate the drone until after this step, right?
Ok. I checked their chat last night and this morning and it was offline. I’ll try again tomorrow since it’ll be a weekday.

Solid on the rc and flashing green twice on back of aircraft mean paired also when phone connect to the rc you need the wifi activated on your phone because you need an internet connection to activate the aircraft and a Dji account

Be sure to connect cable in the appropriate hole of the RC. The other one is empty and only a holder for the other end of the cable when removing the phone.

Every demo video I‘ve seen has said you must use DJI Fly.

From Page 3 of the Manual PDF:
DOWNLOAD THE DJI FLY APP

Last edited:
Solid on the rc and flashing green twice on back of aircraft mean paired also when phone connect to the rc you need the wifi activated on your phone because you need an internet connection to activate the aircraft and a Dji account
I use airplane mode when flying.

No data whatsoever.

The controller makes its own "wifi" for the AC to connect to. (Correct me if I'm wrong, anybody)

I use airplane mode when flying.

No data whatsoever.

The controller makes its own "wifi" for the AC to connect to. (Correct me if I'm wrong, anybody)

Yes, controller talks to AC via Ocusync so phone does not need to have data. You do need to have an internet connection the first time when you activate the devices.

I still can’t get my head around people buying a drone, any drone, and not bothering to read the instructions before setup and flying...........the next post to come in will be asking for help because he crashed it.
Yes, It really is quite amazing isn't it. It’s not like there aren't dozens of videos on YouTube explaining the drone in minute detail as well as the instructions included with the drone. Still shaking my head now.!

I noticed this little linenin the io manual. Maybe it'll help. Especially on Samsung phone where both ends of the connection wire are the same connector. One end has a small symbol, supposed to be a phone. That end should connect to the phone. The other to the controller. Could just be a polarity thing?

I noticed this little linenin the io manual. Maybe it'll help. Especially on Samsung phone where both ends of the connection wire are the same connector. One end has a small symbol, supposed to be a phone. That end should connect to the phone. The other to the controller. Could just be a polarity thing?
Now I noticed the symbol, but it is actually a controller symbol. I have been using it reversed with no problems.

I got my Mavic Air 2 yesterday and it will NOT connect to my Galaxy S20. The S20 is not listed on the compatibility list, but a support person from DJI told me it should work. Frustrated that my $800 drone won't work. Guess I should have kept the mini, it worked just fine.

I got my Mavic Air 2 yesterday and it will NOT connect to my Galaxy S20. The S20 is not listed on the compatibility list, but a support person from DJI told me it should work. Frustrated that my $800 drone won't work. Guess I should have kept the mini, it worked just fine.

Which app are you using? I assume Fly but have to ask.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2