DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Controller won't Connect to my Phone

Yes the fly. I hit "Connect Aircraft" and it goes to the screen where you choose either the mini or air 2 to connect. I hit the air 2 button and it goes to the screen where it tells you to connect the phone to the controller and I can't get past that . Like I said, I've used both my android phone and an iPhone and nothing.
I have exactly the same issue... Using mate 20 pro but have tried iphone 8 and even my wife's iPhone xs.... Can't get past this screen Screenshot_20200516_201638_dji.go.v5.jpg

I have a feeling there will be a lot of people trying Go instead of Fly.
I'm using fly and have the exact same issue... Just says Rc not connected to mobile device... Reinstalled the fly app... Same issue. Swapped to my wife's phone iphone xs... Same issue... Tried iphone 8 same issue... Rc doesn't recognise any connection but there is signal as mhen you plug iphone in the screen lights up in recognition of the connection
Set all permissions on the app also to allow it to do what it wants... Dji chat sent me the link to mavic mini and said that's all they can do....
I've just converted from parrot drones so not a good start after spending a lot on the air 2... 5 days on its still grounded and seems DJI are not interested and Ray on the chat didn't know much about the air 2

I'm using fly and have the exact same issue... Just says Rc not connected to mobile device... Reinstalled the fly app... Same issue. Swapped to my wife's phone iphone xs... Same issue... Tried iphone 8 same issue... Rc doesn't recognise any connection but there is signal as mhen you plug iphone in the screen lights up in recognition of the connection
Set all permissions on the app also to allow it to do what it wants... Dji chat sent me the link to mavic mini and said that's all they can do....
I've just converted from parrot drones so not a good start after spending a lot on the air 2... 5 days on its still grounded and seems DJI are not interested and Ray on the chat didn't know much about the air 2
Try chatting again, some of them suck, but there are definitely winners in the lot.

My recent chat experience was 10x easier than b&h, bb, or Sprint lately.

Just make sure that when then give you a solution, you spell it what they are asking you to do back to them...

For example:

DJI: take battery, throw up in air and fly drone to get it

YOU: so you want me to take the battery out of my drone, throw it vertically in the the air above me, start the drone without the battery in, and fly up to the battery to catch it? How high should I throw it?

DJI: yes

(Of course that is fictional but just used for descriptive purposes)

Reactions: Broadland
I will have another go when the chat opens again
Thanks for making me laugh tho... I was losing the will to live spending hard earned cash on a premium product for it to fall over without even getting it airborne....
Seems its been release too early as no one I've chatted to at DJI has a clue... Hopefully I will get one of the good ones and not Ray or Tim or Brian again...

I will have another go when the chat opens again
Thanks for making me laugh tho... I was losing the will to live spending hard earned cash on a premium product for it to fall over without even getting it airborne....
Seems its been release too early as no one I've chatted to at DJI has a clue... Hopefully I will get one of the good ones and not Ray or Tim or Brian again...
Dang Janet, always messing things up. ?

But yeah, it definitely seems like there's some bugs to work out... Hopefully not for much longer though.

I've already purchased one, returned it for faulty gimbal (was supposed to be exchange) and bought another one, this time from DJI directly.

Dang Janet, always messing things up. ?

But yeah, it definitely seems like there's some bugs to work out... Hopefully not for much longer though.

I've already purchased one, returned it for faulty gimbal (was supposed to be exchange) and bought another one, this time from DJI directly.
I can't even get on the online chat... I'm new to dji but not drones and had planned a lot of flights for this weekend only to find this infuriating error....
I'm guessing the online suport is mo Fri only and not weekends?

I can't even get on the online chat... I'm new to dji but not drones and had planned a lot of flights for this weekend only to find this infuriating error....
I'm guessing the online suport is mo Fri only and not weekends?
If you try to open the chat window does it not tell you they are closed and their hours?

I live in Florida, but for me, the 900-1800 means PST.

Does not give days of the week though.

Phones in a case or not?

Nope out the case on all 3 phones I've tried... Just in case of dodgy connections
Seems controller won't connect to drone or any mobile device... Can only think its a controller fault

Yeah can't believe it really... Gutted and disappointed with DJI support who seem to know little of the mavic air 2
I have tried everything I can think of.... Gutted as this will put me back at least two weeks and had tine this week and next to really try it out..... Never had this issue with my flock of parrots.... ????

Was able to chat with someone on the Facebook DJI Support page, they will respond within a few minutes.

Here is the message I received a few minutes ago.

"This issue was already been raised to our designated team. You can try to activate the drone later after 3-4 hours. if the issue persists we highly recommend sending it back to us for replacement."

So I guess I will try around 4pm PST
So much for my first flight today!

Reactions: Thomas B
Ah that's interesting.... At least they are aware of the problem... Mines boxed up and ready to go back in the morning via courier so looks like I will be without a replacement for a few weeks
I will let you k ow how I get on
I tried the Web chat and via twitter as I don't have FB...

Was able to chat with someone on the Facebook DJI Support page, they will respond within a few minutes.

"This issue was already been raised to our designated team. You can try to activate the drone later after 3-4 hours. if the issue persists we highly recommend sending it back to us for replacement."

Good info!
BTW.... Welcome to the forum the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

I'm curious as to why you have to wait there or four hours could you please explain why

I'm still waiting for customer service to email me a shipping label sending everything back for a replacement

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus