DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Controller won't Connect to my Phone

Which app are you using? I assume Fly but have to ask.

Yes the fly. I hit "Connect Aircraft" and it goes to the screen where you choose either the mini or air 2 to connect. I hit the air 2 button and it goes to the screen where it tells you to connect the phone to the controller and I can't get past that . Like I said, I've used both my android phone and an iPhone and nothing.

Yes the fly. I hit "Connect Aircraft" and it goes to the screen where you choose either the mini or air 2 to connect. I hit the air 2 button and it goes to the screen where it tells you to connect the phone to the controller and I can't get past that . Like I said, I've used both my android phone and an iPhone and nothing.

I'd recheck all of the cabling to make sure it's seated. Being a new design for the controller we aren't as intimate as we were with the older controller. Maybe if you could post a picture of how you have the cabling routed and connected?

Reactions: dawgpilot
I will do that when I can, but I've tried everything and it just isn't working. I know the drone and the controller are connecting to each other because I have the solid lights on the controller and the drone. I just can't get the phone and the controller to sync up.

I got my Mavic Air 2 yesterday and it will NOT connect to my Galaxy S20. The S20 is not listed on the compatibility list, but a support person from DJI told me it should work. Frustrated that my $800 drone won't work. Guess I should have kept the mini, it worked just fine.

I got my Mavic Air today and it’s been working fine with my Galaxy S20+. Done 3 flights today and had no problem.. made sure all software was updated on drone and controller and updated the fly app.. connected straight away

I got my Mavic Air 2 yesterday and it will NOT connect to my Galaxy S20. The S20 is not listed on the compatibility list, but a support person from DJI told me it should work. Frustrated that my $800 drone won't work. Guess I should have kept the mini, it worked just fine.
I can't say for sure that you're having the same problem as I did yesterday, but I found that the USB-C cable that DJI includes isn't making complete contact with the phone port. I have a case on my S20+, and I had the same issue. Try it without the case if you have one on. Good luck.

Reactions: swooshdave
I can't say for sure that you're having the same problem as I did yesterday, but I found that the USB-C cable that DJI includes isn't making complete contact with the phone port. I have a case on my S20+, and I had the same issue. Try it without the case if you have one on. Good luck.

Good suggestion!

My S20 Ultra works just fine

Be sure you are connecting the cable in the appropriate hole of the controller. There are two holes and only one is hot. The other is an empty hole to simply hold the other end of the cable after disconnected from the phone.

I'm having the same problem just spent two hours on chat with tech support at DJI and got nothing accomplished

I am having this issue with my iphone and ipad. I have reset and updated evertything. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI Fly app. I have tried different cables. I have tried everything but it still will not connect to my iPhone. But it will connect to a friends android with no problem.

I spent over an hour waiting for support yesterday and gave up. Tried to talk to someone today but got nowhere. Every time I've chatted or talked with someone they say the same thing. Terrible service.

I am having this issue with my iphone and ipad. I have reset and updated evertything. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI Fly app. I have tried different cables. I have tried everything but it still will not connect to my iPhone. But it will connect to a friends android with no problem.
Thats funny because I've tried both Android and IPHONE and nothing will work.

i'm using a samsung galaxy note 8 brand new and all i get is nothing tried everything nothing changes

I spent over an hour waiting for support yesterday and gave up. Tried to talk to someone today but got nowhere. Every time I've chatted or talked with someone they say the same thing. Terrible service.
I've talked to them over chat and the best they can say is to return it for testing. So basically another 2 weeks(or so) without a product I just spent $1,000 on. I refused and just got an RMA number to send it back for a refund. Not worth the hassle of going back and forth.

Anyone having this problem should return it to the seller for a replacement or a refund. This is not a guarantee issue.

My Mavic Air 2 got delivered yesterday. However, when I connect my phone to the controller, the phone doesn't recognize that the controller is connected. I have attached the controller and drone to my computer and updated the firmware on both. I also have tried connecting to the controller with different phones, both Android(Galaxy S8) and iPhone, and all have the same issue. I've removed my phone case to make sure the cable is making a full connection and I am using the latest version of the DJI Fly app.

Has anyone experienced this with their Air 2? With any other DJI drones?

Also, do we know how to control the drone without a phone? When I have both the controller and drone powered on, the lights on the controller stop flashing and go solid. I assume this means that the 2 are connected, but pressing any of the buttons or spinning camera wheel do nothing on the drone (Not sure if you should be able to do this without the phone connection working). This was purchased from Best Buy, not sure if that makes a difference.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

A lot of people are having this issue. Mine will connect to my friends android but will not connect to my iPhone. DJI has no solution except send it back for repairs.

Reactions: IMADMAN
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007