DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 switch to FCC mode using an android app

has anyone tried fcc app with new app 1.6.8 RC-N1 04.14.0221 firmware update for mini 3 if it works?
I have managed with the latest update using both RC n1 and dji RC. However, can only run the patch with my Samsung 10. Not with any older phones or tablets with micro usb.
With RC n1 and yagi 2,4 ghz antenna, I got 6,2 km without ever losing connection.

Last edited:
I've tried the patch it said success but when i go into dji fly i can see the signal line is still CE not FCC
Does it work on latest firmware on MA2? that's what my drone is at but not sure what im doing wrong.

This is what i did:

1) Plugged in usb cable to the bottom of the controller and to the phone, then turned the controller on
2) ran the app and patched successfully
3) switched the cable from bottom of controller to top of controller
4) turned on the power on MA2
5) ran dji fly to check transmission

Is this any different from what you are doing?
This is now a year old, does it still work, 28/08/22?

The DJI Avata is an awesome drone. But here in Australia it is CC which means it drops out far quicker than the FFC.
I would love to force my Avata to use FFC. Do you know of anyway I can use the modification on the Avata? If you know or have any links to where I can modify could you let me know? I would so much appreciate it.

with new firmware 01.00.0300 and d-flight ..12 still works app for FCC?
thank you
I tried yesterday on the mini3 pro with newest firmware on both, controller and drone and used the RC NC1 controller to apply the patch and switched to RC1 after applied and it was still on FCC. Works like a charm.

The funny thing was, my android phone is too old for the DJI Fly app, so i used my Iphone 13 to bind the drone to the RC NC1 controller, then removed iphone from upper usb and connected android phone on lower one and applied the patch, work perfectly but.

Attachments

• fcc.jpg
    fcc.jpg
    1,010.2 KB · Views: 33
I tried yesterday on the mini3 pro with newest firmware on both, controller and drone and used the RC NC1 controller to apply the patch and switched to RC1 after applied and it was still on FCC. Works like a charm.

The funny thing was, my android phone is too old for the DJI Fly app, so i used my Iphone 13 to bind the drone to the RC NC1 controller, then removed iphone from upper usb and connected android phone on lower one and applied the patch, work perfectly but.
And you are in a CE country?

And you are in a CE country?
Yes, of course, i forgot to mention. I live in Malta atm which is CE country.
But i have doubts if it will work on the Avata because it may be similar to the DJI FPV which i had two of them. It did not work on the DJI FPV because you could only connect an Apple device to the goggles but not apply a patch.

Last edited:
Does the FCC hack remain or do you have to replace the patch again and again after a battery exchange?

Does the FCC hack remain or do you have to replace the patch again and again after a battery exchange?
I can only talk about the Avata. Once you set it up you just stick in your phone and the headset, it connects to the choice of FCC or remain on CC. I have noticed a very big difference but when you do not connect your phone to the headset it still seems to get excellent penetration. Way better than I first installed the hack. Odd that. But a big difference but not cheap. There are free hacks which I hope to try in the next few days.

Hi all, how can i know if the patch was applied? It said successfuly but i can't see any difference about signal transmission, i can't fly for the moment. Thanks

It works @WooZie. Go to the transmission section of the dji fly ap. The signal line should be above 1km mark.

Big thanks to dev for making this app.

Reactions: WooZie
In FCC mode the transmission should look like this one. In CE the lines from -90 and 1km are equal

Attachments

• fcc.jpg
    fcc.jpg
    799.2 KB · Views: 38
It works @WooZie. Go to the transmission section of the dji fly ap. The signal line should be above 1km mark.

Big thanks to dev for making this app.
Above or under? For me before patch the signal line is equal with 1km mark, after patch is like in that picture of Donajavi, under the 1km mark

Above or under? For me before patch the signal line is equal with 1km mark, after patch is like in that picture of Donajavi, under the 1km mark
Thats exactly how it should be. If the -90 line is equal to the 1km you are in CE, if the 1km is above the -90 line then you are in FCC

Hello All,
I have created an android app which allows switching from CE to FCC mode .

APK is attached , usage (currently need to use bottom type C port for patch only):
1.connect mavic air 2 controller bottom type C cable to your android device , turn on the controller .
2.run my application and press the patch button .
3.change your phone usb connection to normal top one.
4.then open DJI fly app normally and you can obsereve the change in the transmission tab .
Link to the apk
Thank You! works 💯 perfect on MA2 (10/2022)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d