DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 switch to FCC mode using an android app

Hi guys,
does this mod work with the latest mini 2 firmware (01.06.0200) and the latest app (1.9.1) out now?

Last edited:
Hello everyone! thank you for the so usefull apk!
I bought a sony xperia 5 iv and i cannot use the apk. It sais that it cannot find the controller but i can use the fly app normally!
Do you think it is a fault of the xperia phone? i tryied to find something to change at settings but nothing has been done.
Can anyone help me?

After the latest update and 1.9.0 ver it says that device / controller not found.
Mini 2
what phone do you use?

EDIT:
ΤΗΕ XPERIA 5iv WORKED ONLY DOING THIS:
I turned off the controller. I connected it with the phone, i turned on the drone and the controller having connected with the phone and the patch ran automatically, i patch succesfully and the signal changed. If you do it with the drone turned off it doesnt work.

Last edited:
Ok. So, Air 2S(3 batteries). Activated FCC, firmware update. First battery, everything ok, second battery keeps FCC.....everything ok. Third battery keeps FCC, update, everything ok. But after replacing battery FCC was gone. So I'm on latest firmware but need to activate FCC every tine when I turn off my drone. But is working ok with latest firmware.

Reactions: Lecheeb
Ok. So, Air 2S(3 batteries). Activated FCC, firmware update. First battery, everything ok, second battery keeps FCC.....everything ok. Third battery keeps FCC, update, everything ok. But after replacing battery FCC was gone. So I'm on latest firmware but need to activate FCC every tine when I turn off my drone. But is working ok with latest firmware.
please can you tell me what is the number of the firmware you are using it with?

Unfortunately I m trying with my air2s full updated (2500 aircraft, .100 RC n1)and nothing, I ve already checked with many cables and other android phone and nothing my phone's has not find my RC from the bottom usb check my video to tell me if I m doing any wrong

Unfortunately I m trying with my air2s full updated (2500 aircraft, .100 RC n1)and nothing, I ve already checked with many cables and other android phone and nothing my phone's has not find my RC from the bottom usb check my video to tell me if I m doing any wrong
Your phone uses type c port ?I think you are using an adapter for type c connector. Try to find a cable without adapter. Or simply try with another phone.

guys, I would like to update my Mini 2 to the latest firmware (01.06.0200) but I still don't understand if the hack to activate FCC still works after that

Specifically if the RC-N1 controller is also on the latest firmware. That's the question!!
I wonder if @galbb is still around? After all, he started this thread 10 pages ago, he wrote the android app, he should be able to guess if changed Dji firmwares would affect his code!

Last edited:
I know the thread is old but I just want to say thank you to galbb the creator of the app.
I arrived in Thailand on the 1st of December and it was so frustrating flying the MM2. Signal dropouts were driving me mad.
So I searched for galbb's app and it worked like a dream. Such a huge difference not just in distance but behind objects. And for me the fix is permanent. What I can't find is where to buy you a coffee, so if anyone can tell me I will buy him one.

Reactions: gypsy1
Hi @John Gowland , the thread is old but so are we!

If you say say the fix is permanent (on a Mini 2?), how did that happen? I suspect it might have something to do with "sequence" - Did you first activate the fix and then updated your firmware? And to what? Or was it not on a Mini 2?

But I agree, makes a huge difference.....

Last edited:
Hi @John Gowland , the thread is old but so are we!

If you say say the fix is permanent (on a Mini 2?), how did that happen? I suspect it might have something to do with "sequence" - Did you first activate the fix and then updated your firmware? And to what? Or was it not on a Mini 2?

But I agree, makes a huge difference.....
Ha old! I have been coming to Patong, Thailand for nearly 30 years. This time all the Thais are calling me Pa Pa! Its term of respect for the old but there are occasions when I hate it. I think the hack is permanent for most people. A message from DJI pops up asking me to update but I am not going to, do not want to risk losing the hack. Really it's like I trading in a toy for a real drone, it goes so far. Yes its a mini 2. At first I could not believe it but I checked the line in the transmission and its still there!

Ha old! I have been coming to Patong, Thailand for nearly 30 years. This time all the Thais are calling me Pa Pa! Its term of respect for the old but there are occasions when I hate it. I think the hack is permanent for most people. A message from DJI pops up asking me to update but I am not going to, do not want to risk losing the hack. Really it's like I trading in a toy for a real drone, it goes so far. Yes its a mini 2. At first I could not believe it but I checked the line in the transmission and its still there!
Hack is not permanent on my Mini 2, must reload after every battery change. I'm on one back from the current latest firmwares for both drone and RC-N1 remote. To scared to update if maybe DJI changed the code to make it impossible.

Yeah we have also often been to Phuket, always preferred Kamala beach because it was less busy. Not been back after the tsunami, to many of our beach living Thai friends perished.

Hack is not permanent on my Mini 2, must reload after every battery change. I'm on one back from the current latest firmwares for both drone and RC-N1 remote. To scared to update if maybe DJI changed the code to make it impossible.

Yeah we have also often been to Phuket, always preferred Kamala beach because it was less busy. Not been back after the tsunami, to many of our beach living Thai friends perished.
It is odd. Reading other people's experiences some say they have to do what you do but for others like me it is permanent. All I can think of is the different upgrade DJI send out. I just can't keep away from this place. I am staying in a hotel in the jungle, amazing. Posted some vids over on the Avata section simply beautiful here great place to fly and record. The owner actually wants me to fly because I did him some vids of his place. How cool is that?

Edit
I just followed the sequence laid out by the app creator. Made him sound like a god in that sentence. Well he is a god! :)

Last edited:
Hello All,
I have created an android app which allows switching from CE to FCC mode .

APK is attached , usage (currently need to use bottom type C port for patch only):
1.connect mavic air 2 controller bottom type C cable to your android device , turn on the controller .
2.run my application and press the patch button .
3.change your phone usb connection to normal top one.
4.then open DJI fly app normally and you can obsereve the change in the transmission tab .
Link to the apk
can i use for my mavic mini 3 pro RC?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143