DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 switch to FCC mode using an android app

Well I tested today the modded drone twe@ks app.
After it locked home point (gps) the transmision panel turned into fcc mode. (line above 90)
I sent it to 1762m without signal interference or losing signal.

Well I tested today the modded drone twe@ks app.
After it locked home point (gps) the transmision panel turned into fcc mode. (line above 90)
I sent it to 1762m without signal interference or losing signal.
What is the latest version of this app?

I don’t think they blocked it intentionally. Probably something changed in the protocol when they added compatibility with Goggles. Other (paid) hacks still work. I use one with the RC controller (the one with screen that came with Mini 3) and it still works. If they REALLY would want to block it they could by just using drone’s gps location during flight. You can’t really fake that. But they don’t do that.
And why do they intentionally block downgrading firmware? That seems to be not a coincidence...

GUYS SOLUTION:

INSTALL TELEGRAM app
and click SEARCH
Put:

FREE_fly

and download 1.7.5 app
It will work fcc after catching all satellites
No hack needed

It's working with latest firmware !!!!

Reactions: andrant
GUYS SOLUTION:

INSTALL TELEGRAM app
and click SEARCH
Put:

FREE_fly

and download 1.7.5 app
It will work fcc after catching all satellites
No hack needed

It's working with latest firmware !!!!
I can't find that account !

This is the last Free_fly post, translated from Indonesian :

We, the entire free to Fly development team, with a heavy heart want to say that the development of Free to Fly should be stopped. We made several considerations for this decision.

"We hereby thank all Free to Fly users wherever you are. We also apologize for the decision we had to make at this time.
We also say many thanks to donors who have set aside some of their sustenance to us. May God repay your kindness manifold.

Also, we want to say goodbye and thank you all.
Thank you very much friends"

I will keep the drone for one more month and in case I won't find a solution with the FCC hack I am gonna sell it. Instead of flying and enjoying my drone, as I used to, I got tired of making range tests, without finding a solution. Congrats to DJI for its great move!

I will keep the drone for one more month and in case I won't find a solution with the FCC hack I am gonna sell it. Instead of flying and enjoying my drone, as I used to, I got tired of making range tests, without finding a solution. Congrats to DJI for its great move!
Congratulate the law makers in your country/EU. DJI would happily give you all the transmission power if it wasn't for the law in Greece (and other countries) forbidding them from doing that.
I work for a company that makes electric bikes. The law in EU is that they can't go above 25km/h and that's how we have to make them. There are hacks available on the market that break this limit. We're not doing much to fight these hacks, however, sometimes we're doing firmware upgrades that break those hacks unintentionally. That's life.

Congratulate the law makers in your country/EU. DJI would happily give you all the transmission power if it wasn't for the law in Greece (and other countries) forbidding them from doing that.
I work for a company that makes electric bikes. The law in EU is that they can't go above 25km/h and that's how we have to make them. There are hacks available on the market that break this limit. We're not doing much to fight these hacks, however, sometimes we're doing firmware upgrades that break those hacks unintentionally. That's life.
In the same manner, they will ban cars to exceed 120KM/h, etc etc.
By the way, I froze all updates in my Mini 3 Pro and I won't proceed till a verified and reliable hack will appear again for the new firmware. I don't wish to subscribe to any annual software service in order to maintain my FCC ability alive in Europe/Greece.

So, i can now definitely say that the FCC hack works for me (AIR 2S). I switched 4 times between FCC and CE mode by powering down the drone, checking the transmission graph and flying the same route, same altitude (i even gave the CE mode 2 meters extra height. In CE mode the transmission started deteriorating almost immediately, due to the building blocking direct line of sight. With FCC the signal stayed at full bars, even at twice the distance. (point 1=CE, point 2=FCC)

CE mode
CE.jpg

FCC mode
FCC.jpg

MAP
MAP.jpg

FIRMWARE
FIRMWARE.jpg

It was working on my Mavic 3 before the latest firmware update. Now it doesn't work.
I'm selling my drone asap, CE signal sucks
Why not use one of the available (paid) hacks? If i was satisfied with the drone itself, that's what i would do. All CE certified drones will have the same limitation more or less.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada