DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 switch to FCC mode using an android app

Anyone interested, i got a "Baseus Cafule Braided USB 2.0 Cable USB-C male - USB-C male 1m (CATKLF-G91)" and it works with the FCC mod app. Good quality and it only costs 3 euro.

Reactions: Ronny St.
I thought that the drone hacks method was working with the latest firmware and I was ready to buy a license. Don't they have a method to downgrade to previous firmware versions?
No downgrade at the moment for dji mini 2 and dji mavic Air 2 whit latest FW version “what I know of”
DJI has blocked 🚫 for downgrade in there latest FW version :-(
But people are working on downgrade and I cross my fingers so I can get the drones in fcc mode:))

Reactions: Ronny St.
You can find it in the Telegram app.
Free Fly: DJI Tech™ in DJI Club. The latest version available is 1.7.5.
The FCC download is the first post: Mavic air 2 switch to FCC mode using an android app
sorry for the inconvenience friend, but I appreciate if you can answer.
but how does this "free_fly" work? does it automatically release the FCC mode?
By the way, this FCC Hack worked on my latest Air 2S firmware version 02.04.2500, but I'm looking for something permanently free, otherwise I'll have to pay "drone hacks", an unlocking license. Thanks

By the way, this FCC Hack worked on my latest Air 2S firmware version 02.04.2500, but I'm looking for something permanently free, otherwise I'll have to pay "drone hacks", an unlocking license. Thanks
The Free_fly app is the free 1.7.5 version of the original Android DJI fly app, but with FCC forced permanently in it. For me, it works with the latest firmware of my Mini 3 pro and my DJI RC-N1 (RC without screen). Of course you will be missing some app features, but it is still ok.

I also have the DJI RC with the screen, and am using that RC most of the time. For that I bought the FCC hack from Sincoder on Telegram for 40 USDT. This hacks the RC to permanent FCC, but also unlocks the RC, so that you can install other apps on it.

Drone hacks has extra features embedded such as NFZ etc. As soon as they make it possible, I will buy it and so will be many others :)

The Free_fly app is the free 1.7.5 version of the original Android DJI fly app, but with FCC forced permanently in it. For me, it works with the latest firmware of my Mini 3 pro and my DJI RC-N1 (RC without screen). Of course you will be missing some app features, but it is still ok.

I also have the DJI RC with the screen, and am using that RC most of the time. For that I bought the FCC hack from Sincoder on Telegram for 40 USDT. This hacks the RC to permanent FCC, but also unlocks the RC, so that you can install other apps on it.
Is it all Android Mobile phones you can use for the 1.7.5 app ??
I have iPhone so if I just can buy a cheap android phone, that would be perfect:-D

I just found out that although I was running the FCC hack the drone behaved like when I first bought it and was flying only in CE mode. Transmission issues over 2Km distance (in open space), and over 700m in urban areas. When I was flying in FCC mode I could fly to over 4Km without any issues and to 2Km in urban areas. It was working so well that I was usually flying my drone from inside my car.
Now, the transmission tab shows that I am in FCC mode (without even running the FCC hack), but the drone flies like it is in CE mode.
My concern is, if other FCC hacks really turn on the FCC mode, or just show in transmission tab that you fly in FCC.
On the 17th of May, I bought the Air 2S.

To my surprise after the purchase! I was told not to update the aircraft software, because DJI is limiting the CE Transmission Range to 2000 meters in the Line of site.

I found it absurd because one needs to keep the aircraft updated at all times and went ahead and update it.

Now I am experiencing Transmission problems at 100 meters, and at 400 meters in the Line of site, the Drone resumed RTH.

I am busy dealing with this issue with DJI. I intend to go as far as taking this matter to Court. After all, DJI is misleading and falsely representing the products.

Thanks to the Chat group we managed to find the Transmission problem, giving us so much grief and headaches.

I noticed that the Aircraft update is in the Drone itself and we won't be able to use a 3rd party App like Litchi as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: littleriver
On the 17th of May, I bought the Air 2S.

To my surprise after the purchase! I was told not to update the aircraft software, because DJI is limiting the CE Transmission Range to 2000 meters in the Line of site.

I found it absurd because one needs to keep the aircraft updated at all times and went ahead and update it.

Now I am experiencing Transmission problems at 100 meters, and at 400 meters in the Line of site, the Drone resumed RTH.

I am busy dealing with this issue with DJI. I intend to go as far as taking this matter to Court. After all, DJI is misleading and falsely representing the products.

Thanks to the Chat group we managed to find the Transmission problem, giving us so much grief and headaches.

I noticed that the Aircraft update is in the Drone itself and we won't be able to use a 3rd party App like Litchi as well.
Have you tried to change between 2.4 and 5ghz to see if you get better signal ??
I'm on the latest FW on Air 2 and FC. My drone is CE and "unfortunately" not in FCC mode, or maybe I’m lucky for that???
I had my first real issue yesterday, 3.3km away in open terrain.
I was on the wrong side of a windmill when I lost signal and was seconds away from RTH and banging into the windmill. Luckily for me, the signal came back before RTH.
On that flight, I forgot to fly on 2.4 GHz; I was on dualband and noticed bad signal more than a few times on my way to 3.3km… 3.3km is not good enough.. it should fly longer than 3.3km.. I think my mini 2 can do better 😅
I’m on the MAVEN on my iPhone.
I was hoping to get a hack so I could get in fcc mode with a much, much better signal, but some of the bad stories about fcc hacks make me wonder if it’s worth it?? I was hoping to downgrade fw but DJI had stopped that in their latest update, as fare as I know of.. that mowe is really some bs from DJI.. I want to choose myself what fw I want to fly with. big thanks to the people that are working on fixing bad signal strength and other things..

you can also use Litchi to fly with the hack and have many more settings than Fly app that's how I fly VR too, the smart choice !

Last edited:
Reactions: Aairon
Hi, I'm using android and Mini 2 and looks like that hack is working with latest updates but can anybody explain me why my 90mhz line is above all with or without hack? I know that this line is moving for ios but for android it should be in line with 90mhz? I'm right? Pics attached one with hack 2nd without hack.

Attachments

• 352579214_219803337569833_7883786449683542145_n.jpg
    352579214_219803337569833_7883786449683542145_n.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 354504184_795479615277581_7566434275601578310_n.jpg
    354504184_795479615277581_7566434275601578310_n.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 30
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads