DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air battery mod

Does anyone know where to get a 'saddlebag' design dual battery holder for the air?

Hi to the group! I am looking forward to make my own Battery mod. Is the battery tracking in the controler accurate with an extra battery or i have to test and just remember how much flight time I have?

Hi to the group! I am looking forward to make my own Battery mod. Is the battery tracking in the controler accurate with an extra battery or i have to test and just remember how much flight time I have?
I think only original battery has the electronics that gives you time estimate. If you have bad original battery it's possible to open it and swap cells to 18650 keeping the original circuit board. Check out this video, it's in Russian, but it's pretty self-explanatory

@h1s0k4 I am getting this one for my drone. Will it work? Is the power rating good enough as i am a noob on this. Thanks in advance.

Hi to all, currently bought a pair of used Mavic Air without batteries (one with broken gimbal for testing and another fully working). I used the modified application for using non DJI batteries and soldered a XT60 into battery pins. Tested with my Liion 3s 3000mAh Battery packs and get 18min fly time in stationary mode using a "lipo saver" and stopping at 3v/cell and the after dissarm checked battery pack again and they still at 3.35v/cell so i think is more than enought for liions.

However, when the batteries goes down to 3.45v Mavic want to land and i need to apply throtthle for prevent landing. Is there any way for skipping this 3.45v landing behavior?

Hi to all, currently bought a pair of used Mavic Air without batteries (one with broken gimbal for testing and another fully working). I used the modified application for using non DJI batteries and soldered a XT60 into battery pins. Tested with my Liion 3s 3000mAh Battery packs and get 18min fly time in stationary mode using a "lipo saver" and stopping at 3v/cell and the after dissarm checked battery pack again and they still at 3.35v/cell so i think is more than enought for liions.

However, when the batteries goes down to 3.45v Mavic want to land and i need to apply throtthle for prevent landing. Is there any way for skipping this 3.45v landing behavior?

d8c7d787-8fe3-4b6d-a82b-8f87e0ef4986.jpg9d731b3f-418b-4e96-893d-ac34046ab378.jpg70f72442-2aae-424e-b25e-57ce41e70605.jpg

The first inventor that designs enhanced flight time batteries for the Mavic Air and Mavic Pro, will be inundated with buyer inquiries and purchase orders. Such extended flight time batteries would fly off the shelves, pardon the pun.

Imagine a Mavic Air 1 that can fly autonomous Litchi missions of 25 to 30 minutes duration or a Mavic Pro 1 that can range out ten miles from the launch point under the power of an enhanced battery that plugs in just like the stock battery., yet lasts 35 minutes

The first inventor that designs enhanced flight time batteries for the Mavic Air and Mavic Pro, will be inundated with buyer inquiries and purchase orders. Such extended flight time batteries would fly off the shelves, pardon the pun.

Imagine a Mavic Air 1 that can fly autonomous Litchi missions of 25 to 30 minutes duration or a Mavic Pro 1 that can range out ten miles from the launch point under the power of an enhanced battery that plugs in just like the stock battery., yet lasts 35 minutes
Or they could just buy a Mavic 3. 🤣

Or they could just buy a Mavic 3. 🤣
While DJI's new offerings do feature more versatile cameras, enhanced flight safety tech, and longer battery life than their earlier models did, the discontinuation of that key ability to store GPS waypoint data on board for the latest generation of DJI drones would be a deal-breaker for me even if the price were no object.

Unfettered by FAA or CAA oversight out here in my remote corner of this planet several time zones away from civilization, an easy 99% of all drone flights I launch are fully autonomous Litchi waypoint missions that venture out well beyond the controller's signal range, during which I typically relax indoors.

Since the "Virtual Sticks" protocol that is employed in DJI's latest generation of drones requires unbroken connectivity between the drone and its controller, I remain loyal to the older iterations of the DJI drone family that do not depend on a continuous drone-to-controller dialog to complete longer waypoint missions.

For this reason, I scour the internet regularly in search of directly interchangeable after-market extended-range batteries to power my fleet of museum-piece DJI drones comprising Mavic Pro1, Mavic Pro1 Platinum, Mavic Air1, and Phantom 3 Standard. I've seen a few cumbersome piggyback battery options, but I still hold out hopes of stumbling on enhanced batteries that approximate the physical dimensions of the stock batteries, yet deliver much more power to make possible longer flights.

Reactions: Slawaw
While DJI's new offerings do feature more versatile cameras, enhanced flight safety tech, and longer battery life than their earlier models did, the discontinuation of that key ability to store GPS waypoint data on board for the latest generation of DJI drones would be a deal-breaker for me even if the price were no object.

Unfettered by FAA or CAA oversight out here in my remote corner of this planet several time zones away from civilization, an easy 99% of all drone flights I launch are fully autonomous Litchi waypoint missions that venture out well beyond the controller's signal range, during which I typically relax indoors.

Since the "Virtual Sticks" protocol that is employed in DJI's latest generation of drones requires unbroken connectivity between the drone and its controller, I remain loyal to the older iterations of the DJI drone family that do not depend on a continuous drone-to-controller dialog to complete longer waypoint missions.

For this reason, I scour the internet regularly in search of directly interchangeable after-market extended-range batteries to power my fleet of museum-piece DJI drones comprising Mavic Pro1, Mavic Pro1 Platinum, Mavic Air1, and Phantom 3 Standard. I've seen a few cumbersome piggyback battery options, but I still hold out hopes of stumbling on enhanced batteries that approximate the physical dimensions of the stock batteries, yet deliver much more power to make possible longer flights.
All good points. The 4G dongle for the Mavic 3, if enabled in the U.S., should enable the unbroken connectivity required in urban areas with tall intervening buildings, with the current system, in the absence of fully autonomous Litchi waypoint missions that can be fully preloaded. However, in the remote wilderness, 4G won't be much help. We've become so spoiled with the newest cameras and telephoto lenses on the DJI drones. The Phantom 3 was somehow more than good enough originally!

The only disadvantage of the fully autonomous flights is not having live control over the camera without signal. Exposure varies significantly during a flight, and I am always making live exposure compensations to offset them.

Still have all my original piggy backed P3P and P4 setups that offered the same flight time as the Mavic 3, with the antenna mods to support them with uninterrupted signal. However, they now gather dust because the Mavic 3 has replaced them, along with FAA restrictions that didn't exist in the original Wild West!

Hi all, have now purchased a pair of used Mavic Airs with no batteries (one with a broken gimbal for testing and another fully functional). I used a modified app to use non-DJI batteries and soldered the XT60 to the pin pins. Tested with my 3s 3000mAh Liion Battery pack and got 18 minutes of flight time in stationary mode using "lipo saver" and stopping at 3v/cell and after disconnecting tested again the battery pack and they are still at 3.35v/cell so I think more than Enough for the lion.

However, when the battery drops to 3.45v, the Mavic wants to land and I need to apply the throttle to prevent the landing. Is there a way to bypass this 3.45v landing behavior?

View attachment 144321View attachment 144322View attachment 144323
I think I should open a small adjustment in Dji Assistant on the computer, reduce the "landing" voltage from 3.0v to 2.5v.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slawaw
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121