DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air battery mod

How do I make this battery adapter? Does anyone have any clear instructions on materials and how-to?

Thanks!

I used two 1500mah external batteries. but the time showed 13-14 minutes and max motor speed reached. so i give up :(
Hi,

just read through the thread. The reason might be that you are not using the controller card of an air battery for your added batteries.
The guy from Vietnam who started this thread wrote in one of his posts that he first switched the added battery on and than the battery directly attached to the drone.
You might need controller boards for your extra batteries. They could come from an old battery with damaged cells....
Give it a try. If it works let us know.

Good luck Franziska

Hi,

just read through the thread. The reason might be that you are not using the controller card of an air battery for your added batteries.
The guy from Vietnam who started this thread wrote in one of his posts that he first switched the added battery on and than the battery directly attached to the drone.
You might need controller boards for your extra batteries. They could come from an old battery with damaged cells....

Good luck Franziska
I fly mine all the time with externals (no additional controller card) with great success! :)Also, you must turn on the internal battery first and then plug in your externals

IMG_0055.JPG

Mavic Air1.png

Thank you so much! And i'm sure this has been answered, but does the battery telemetry include the extra battery?

Hi,

Good luck Franziska
I think the controller board is no needed. I also use Maivc Air LiHv battery cell (without the controller board) and reached to 27+ mins of flight time :)

Attachments

• 44458164_2156193681058535_8249577344533004288_n.jpg
    44458164_2156193681058535_8249577344533004288_n.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: Lady Rover
Thank you so much! And i'm sure this has been answered, but does the battery telemetry include the extra battery?
Yes and No! But for the most part Yes. But sometimes if your external battery has a high internal resistance then it could leave extra juice in the external battery. Try and get batteries with a low internal resistance.

@mlash
I'm about to make an adapter for a second M. A. battery.

You wrote above that the XT30 are better than the XT60 connectors.
I have both available.
The XT30 are half the size. Can they handle the current? Obviously their cross-section is smaller, so voltage drop might be higher.
If yes I'll take them.
If not I'll take the XT60.

Could you please clarify this? Thanks.

What size cable are you using?

If I want to add later two external battery packs instead of the second M. A. battery which will have more Amps I should be OK with the same connector if Voltage stays the same and only Amp hours go up. Correct?

Thanks,

Franziska

@h1s0k4
As I am about to make an adapter for an additional M. A. battery, could you be so kind to make a photo of the inside of your connector adaptor which goes onto the second battery?

Do you use a modified USB connector? It says input 9.6-14Volt Output 5 Volt...
Or did you buy a charging adapter?
I still would want to be able to charge the battery normally on the hub charger.

Thanks so much.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan