DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air flew away and crashed.

TheJaspion

Reactions
Hello guys, how you doing? First of all I apologize for my english.

Today I was flying my Mavic Air to take some pictures 4 meters above of me and suddenly it got speed and flew away crashing into a building nearby and landed in a parking lot. While it flew away I didnt have any response from the flight control.

I bought this drone last year and just flew only 20 times. Will Dji fix or replace it even if it is out of warranty? By reading the data log what you can tell?

Many thanks for your time and consideration.
Cheers from Brazil!
Cheng.

IMG_0375 copy.jpgIMG_0374 copy.jpg

Attachments

• 2019-10-29_18-57-00_FLY055.DAT
    842.2 KB · Views: 13
That's not a flight record of an actual flight, just a power up with no motor start. It might be easier to find the txt log first, since those are only created for flights, and that will include a record of the DAT file number.

How to retrieve a TXT log: DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

That's not a flight record of an actual flight, just a power up with no motor start. It might be easier to find the txt log first, since those are only created for flights, and that will include a record of the DAT file number.

How to retrieve a TXT log: DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

Sorry, my mistake. I upload the wrong file. Here is the txt log.Thank you @sar104.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-10-29_[17-53-32].txt
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
Today I was flying my Mavic Air to take some pictures 4 meters above of me and suddenly it got speed and flew away crashing into a building nearby and landed in a parking lot. While it flew away I didnt have any response from the flight control.

I bought this drone last year and just flew only 20 times. Will Dji fix or replace it even if it is out of warranty? By reading the data log what you can tell?
Here's what the flight data looks like: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
It shows a problem starting at 5:36.6 when the drone starts to pick up speed with no joystick input.
At 5:38.5 the error messages start showing the the drone's flight controller had identified serious hardware problems.

If the drone was less than one year old, this would be a warranty issue.
It's unlikely that DJI would help if the drone was over one year old.

If you had Care Plus, that extends the warranty to the end of the Plus term, which likely would be 2 years. If DJI agrees it is a warranty issue, you would not be charged a refresh.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121