What should I do?

• Keep fighting for another replacement

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Accept the terms and take the discount

Votes: 27 87.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
50 metres is much higher than it sounds (if that makes sense). To be honest, I started off with an rth of 70 metres but found it to be too high in the vast majority of situations. You are right though, if you're just starting out, set it at 70m + for added peace of mind. I've just found my sweet spot based on the usual geography that I fly in.
As you probably know, if your rth is lower than your current height it won't descend to the rth height - it will maintain its height and come home. Conversely, if your current height is lower than your rth height, it will ascend to the rth height and fly home. It will then land unless you cancel it.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Although you may think the higher the better, just remember the wind - the mavics top speed is around 40mph which is only capable in sport mode so I would change your RTH altitude with every flight condition as wind speed can triple after the first hundred feet up

Reactions: KMnO4
Although you may think the higher the better, just remember the wind - the mavics top speed is around 40mph which is only capable in sport mode so I would change your RTH altitude with every flight condition as wind speed can triple after the first hundred feet up

[emoji3]There's a counter argument for everything in this game, but he's a new flyer and this forum is full of new flyers who have set their rth too low and lost their Mav.

Reactions: Loz and KMnO4
Thanks!! I'm just wondering if I press RTH and it starts flying back at the set altitude when it reaches home will it ask you before it lands or is it just gonna land itself no matter what? Just wondering if there's situations where it returns home but as GPS can be slightly off what if it's below was water or bushes?

[emoji3]There's a counter argument for everything in this game, but he's a new flyer and this forum is full of new flyers who have set their rth too low and lost their Mav.

I shall experiment this function too with the Mavic just few feet away from me to see how this whole RTH acts :)

Reactions: burtg
Thanks!! I'm just wondering if I press RTH and it starts flying back at the set altitude when it reaches home will it ask you before it lands or is it just gonna land itself no matter what? Just wondering if there's situations where it returns home but as GPS can be slightly off what if it's below was water or bushes?

You can cancel the rth once it's above you and land it yourself[emoji106]

I'm a new pilot I got my Mavic 2 weeks ago and I've flown it 3 times so far. Been practicing on tripod mode for awhile but now i finally turned off beginners mode. Was just wondering coz I see this setting but not exactly sure what to set. is 50 meters high enough? Like wouldn't the higher the better? i'm not sure myself too. This RTH altitude basically means when RTH is used it starts flying back maintaining that level of altitude set right? What happens after it reaches the home point? Does it just hover there or automatically land? . I've never used this feature before as I usually just fly back by myself. Kinda curious and wanna learn more about this and set it properly in case **** hits the fan :p
Open up your manual and you'll see on page 2, it says to watch all the instruction videos on DJI's website before you fly. They are also available in the app. This will help you understand how the features of your new Mavic work and will enable you to fly safer and not lose/crash your new drone.

Here's a link to the manuals that should help.
http://www.dji.com/mobile/mavic/inf...3c9a170d4&from=dap_unique&pm=custom#downloads

Last edited:
Wanted to ask whats a good RTH altitude to set?
Prior to each flight, find the tallest obstacle above the home point and add 50 feet. The current altitude is just an estimate, so you should always add a buffer to the RTH altitude.

Just a quick question; what triggers the "Max Flight Distance Reached. Adjust in Main Controller Settings if necessary." message logged at 1:40 ? Clearly he flew past this point on the second go around...

Just a quick question; what triggers the "Max Flight Distance Reached. Adjust in Main Controller Settings if necessary." message logged at 1:40 ? Clearly he flew past this point on the second go around...

He must have gone into settings and changed it mid-flight.

Reactions: burtg
I shall experiment this function too with the Mavic just few feet away from me to see how this whole RTH acts :)
Remember there is a minimum distance for RTH to kick in ... make sure you fly 10 meters up and 20 meters away and then hit RTH ... i also repeat this test after each firmware update.... plus i power off the RC as the Auto RTH shoukd also do the same.

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: J-Dub
So it crashed into Orlando Health.. call orlando health security and ask if they found it or it was turned into them. I have contacts their if you need help.

So it crashed into Orlando Health.. call orlando health security and ask if they found it or it was turned into them. I have contacts their if you need help.

I went there and they checked every roof top of all facilities. The drone is gone. I have no idea where it's at.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

A1.jpg

msinger...nice detailed info on this one. It's a shame the OP didn't show much appreciation.

OK guys I have cleaned and tried to get this back on topic so please let it stay that way . Thank You

Reactions: djorgen
And with that just consider this closed as it had went way OT .

Reactions: djorgen and Richard
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS