DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Fell Into River

thanks for tips! Go Pro for sure!.. hopefully i can find some kayakers / fishermen willing to lend a hand.

map images of landing spot

Attachments

• drone.jpg
    drone.jpg
    970.5 KB · Views: 144
  • drone1.jpg
    drone1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 146
lost signal? started plummeting. looked like it landed in the water sideways

Hey tehvishal, did you see all those warnings at the bottom of that page you linked in the OP?

Some serious problems happening there. hehe

GPS Position no-match at 4:44

Speed Errors

Compass Errors

:eek::eek:
yes i saw that. very concerning. have already started a repair case, I wish i didn't have to go through the hassle of retrieving it. i will call DJI support tomorrow. Any tips on what to say to maybe get them to give me a free replacement and avoid me possibly drowning?

Just curious, was the ferry near by when this happened?

yes very near! i was actually filming the ferry
Wondering if the ferry have a radar or other radio communication which could have interfered with the Mavic... Could explain the crash.

started a case. DJI will investigate. 5-7 business days to finish investigation.

Attachments

• drone2.jpg
    drone2.jpg
    965.1 KB · Views: 121
  • drone3.jpg
    drone3.jpg
    961.5 KB · Views: 123
  • drone4.jpg
    drone4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 130
  • drone5.jpg
    drone5.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 127
  • drone6.jpg
    drone6.jpg
    1,008.4 KB · Views: 128
  • drone7.jpg
    drone7.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 126
What was the result? Similar thing just happened to me
still waiting for DJI to get back to me. They sent me an e-mail a few days after i submitted the case asking for the whole FlightRecords folder and any Video Cache saved from the date of incident. I did not have any video recordings (i sent them a screenshot of my videocache folder, hopefully they take my word for it). It has been 7 days (sept 6th - WED) since opening the case, they requested the Flight Records folder and Video Cache on Sept 8th (Friday) or two days after opening the case.

Side Note: My grandparents were with me the time of incident. My grandfather was the one who said "Its Gone".
I did not believe him, but he was correct. THERE WAS NOTHING I COULD DO TO CONTROL THE DRONE. IT LOOKED TO BE FALLING SIDEWAYS. Very Frightening, but I did not lose my cool or freak out. I was just in shock? Why?
After all the previous flights and how rock hard stable the thing was, what went wrong this time?
I thought to myself, "Well, that was fun while it lasted (~12 flights (20 recordings), there goes $1k (no way in hell I can justify, "Well, At least I got my moneys worth? ($50-100 per flight??"), Better start controlling expenses so I can purchase another one."
Was over the whole, WTF just happened / Initial SHOCK , within 20 seconds. (about 10 seconds of LOSS OF CONTROL / FALLING, then SPLASH DOWN, then realization of what just took place.0
Cant do anything about the past, cant rewind 2 seconds, 30 seconds, 5 minutes so no point in worrying / crying / fretting over that stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrsTreat
1. The aircraft was piloted under P-GPS mode, and responded to the pilot’s control well;
2. T=04:43, H=26m, D=237.2m,the icident happened when the aircraft was flying forward and falling. Before the aircraft crashed the obstacle, the pilot pushed the pitch stick forward fully and pulled down 67% throttle stick.

According to the analysis, the incident was not caused by any product malfunction factors. As such, we could not provide warranty service.

Average Altitude while hovering: 85.39 ft
Col C: Altitude (ft). Red = <85.39, Green > 85.39.
Col K: Change in RC Elevator from Baseline.
Red = down, Green = No Input or up.

DJI Support response:"2. T=04:43, H=26m, D=237.2m,the icident happened when the aircraft was flying forward and falling. Before the aircraft crashed the obstacle, the pilot pushed the pitch stick forward fully and pulled down 67% throttle stick."

What does that have to do with the thing falling out the sky? The mavic was falling out of the sky, The inputs I made, AFTER the serious drop in altitude were to try to recover altitude, and did not affect the movement of the drone at all.
Attatched below is the 3 images DJI sent back in the support email .

Here is the excel file: Dropbox - dronecrashdata.xlsx
(image attatched)
Also on Airdata website, you can see the compass showing the errors. I have attached the image below:

Attachments

• compass error.JPG
    compass error.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 63
  • excelsnapshot.JPG
    excelsnapshot.JPG
    513 KB · Views: 73
  • excelsnapshot2.JPG
    excelsnapshot2.JPG
    523.7 KB · Views: 73
  • bdf8618c-5f04-49c7-81fd-f9a263ec8cbc.PNG
    bdf8618c-5f04-49c7-81fd-f9a263ec8cbc.PNG
    370 KB · Views: 69
  • 52790e26-2f53-409d-bedf-ed222b52e432.PNG
    52790e26-2f53-409d-bedf-ed222b52e432.PNG
    371.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 6c2fd3dc-2584-436c-8a78-f72fac2f0fd5.png
    6c2fd3dc-2584-436c-8a78-f72fac2f0fd5.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
I just got my response from dji and what a joke.

2. T=00-09, h=4m, pilot pushed pitch stick forward, and the aircraft flew forward; then the flight record ended;
Disconnected point: 44.3877430 -68.1982546;
With the record ended without any sign of abnormality, we could not verify what happened afterwards.
We truly appreciate your support for DJI, and especially applied for a 30% off coupon for aircraft without charger and remote:

I've told them I do not accept this result. And that I want a new mavic and my care refresh transferred. I also spent an hour on the phone with them to no avail since the first line support isn't authorized to do anything. They also can't transfer you to their managers. What a joke. So we'll see if my response gets me a better deal.

I've also put in a purchase protection claim with my credit card since I only bought the mavic 3 weeks ago. I think that's my best bet.

Reactions: Mr G
I just got my response from dji and what a joke.

2. T=00-09, h=4m, pilot pushed pitch stick forward, and the aircraft flew forward; then the flight record ended;
Disconnected point: 44.3877430 -68.1982546;
With the record ended without any sign of abnormality, we could not verify what happened afterwards.
We truly appreciate your support for DJI, and especially applied for a 30% off coupon for aircraft without charger and remote:

I've told them I do not accept this result. And that I want a new mavic and my care refresh transferred. I also spent an hour on the phone with them to no avail since the first line support isn't authorized to do anything. They also can't transfer you to their managers. What a joke. So we'll see if my response gets me a better deal.

I've also put in a purchase protection claim with my credit card since I only bought the mavic 3 weeks ago. I think that's my best bet.

I wonder if anyone has had a successful claim of malfunction that DJI admits and sent a new drone?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61