DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Fell Into River

What a joke is correct !!
In other words, they will sell you another lemon without adding their profit margin. Zero loss for DJI for what is clearly a technical issue as supported by the warnings and errors just prior to ditching into the water.

Yes, hammer them with your purchase protection :mad:

I thought i commented last night, but welcome to the never again club.
you did comment last night, was to my post,
@specialized happens to be in a similar situation, however they offered him 30% off replacement drone,
they didnt offer me anything. They said it was not due to malfunction??
what a bunch of bull. better analysis could be done by Kim Jong-Un himself.

look at the stupid map DJI support uses for analysis? ALL GREEN?? im flying over a river FFS!!
Any Tips would be appreciated

I wonder if anyone has had a successful claim of malfunction that DJI admits and sent a new drone?

Yes, I managed to claim a brand new MP from DJI Support, only the aircraft (no RC).

My MP just fell from sky like a rock with any warning, few mins after took off. Reported to DJI Online Support , sent them all the doc/flight records as requested. They reply after investigations & confirm it is warranty issue & replace me a brand new MP.

But it took a month to reach me from China. As I deal with DJI directly instead of the authorized DJI shop I bought the MP.

They claim you had 67% down stick which they assume caused the prang, but 3 seconds later and before the warnings started, you had up stick and were at 26M in height, just before the plunge. They cant use the 67% claim if 2 seconds later at 26M you are trying to rise 100%.
Maybe you need another professional opinion on the logs, because for a newb like me they indicate DJI are being dishonest.
I agree, I am also not an expert but it seems pretty CLEAR to me that the throttle 3 seconds prior (t+4:41) has nothing to do with the critical loss of ALT. starting at t+ 4:44.
Any other members have suggestions? Any other forums where I may find help? Would like to have my logs analyzed by others. Also What should I reply in the e-mail? I already sent them the following response:
"does not make sense. those inputs had nothing to do with the timing of the critical loss in altitude.

what about the GPS errors?

What about the compass errors?

The downward throttle mentioned is at t+ 4:40 is not applicable, I was hovering at t + 4:41 with no input given. the critical loss of altitude started at T+4:44, 4 Seconds afterwards.

Please reanalyze. "​
Thank you for all the replies.

Yes, I managed to claim a brand new MP from DJI Support, only the aircraft (no RC).

My MP just fell from sky like a rock with any warning, few mins after took off. Reported to DJI Online Support , sent them all the doc/flight records as requested. They reply after investigations & confirm it is warranty issue & replace me a brand new MP.

But it took a month to reach me from China. As I deal with DJI directly instead of the authorized DJI shop I bought the MP.
mine fell like a rock also, any tips??

Sorry to hear what happen to your MP.

But what I see the diff here is my MP still with me, where I still able to download the flight recorded to DJI Support as requested.

As the first batch of flight record I downloaded from the RC and sent to them. But they reply and ask me to download another set of flight records directly from the aircraft for them.

Am not sure what's the different between the flight records in the RC & the aircraft.

Stop buying rocks !!

lol sorry couldnt help it.

Keep at it tehvishal, dont give up and walk away like they want.
You have a definite case here with many questions that need answering.

Someone will chime in that can read these logs with confidence. :)
Thanks buddy, Appreciate the quick replies and Support. God Bless!

Reactions: Masheen
Sorry to hear what happen to your MP.

But what I see the diff here is my MP still with me, where I still able to download the flight recorded to DJI Support as requested.

As the first batch of flight record I downloaded from the RC and sent to them. But they reply and ask me to download another set of flight records directly from the aircraft for them.

Am not sure what's the different between the flight records in the RC & the aircraft.
Gotcha! Don't wanna risk my life drowning or catching some diseases trying to recover the drone. Thanks for the reply!

mine fell like a rock also, any tips??

Am not sure what is the caused of MP but I reported to DJI Online Support & send them all the records as requested & they reply it is warranty issue. But they did not explain in detail what is the actual caused.

Report to them directly & if your MP still with u, download all the record from RC & the aircraft itself and send to them.

Good luck

Am not sure what is the caused of MP but I reported to DJI Online Support & send them all the records as requested & they reply it is warranty issue. But they did not explain in detail what is the actual caused.

Report to them directly & if your MP still with u, download all the record from RC & the aircraft itself and send to them.

Good luck
thanks man, drone is sitting in the bottom of the river. I sent them logs, and the whole Flight Records folder. They wanted the videocache of that flight, but none was saved to my iPhone.
If you still have the log files would you mind uploading them to AirData or Phantomhelp?

thanks man, drone is sitting in the bottom of the river. I sent them logs, and the whole Flight Records folder. They wanted the videocache of that flight, but none was saved to my iPhone.
If you still have the log files would you mind uploading them to AirData or Phantomhelp?

As your MP is not with u, you downloaded the flight records from the RC right ?

I did the same, but they ask for another set of flight records from me, which I hv to use the DJI Assistant to downloaded with USB cable connect directly to the MP, as per their instruction.

In total I sent them 2 sets of flight records (one from RC & another set from aircraft).

Try your best to retrieve the MP & retrieve the log from the MP itself.

Am not sure will it help. But if the flight is exactly the same, why they asked 2 sets from me? Furthermore, the file size are much larger for the flight records from the aircraft itself as compare to the RC.

Good luck, mate.

Reactions: tehvishal
Any updates tehvishal?

I called the customer service number and spent 30 minutes going back and forth with the first round guy demanding to talk to a supervisor. They were unable to connect me right then and there. Turns out supervisors are US based and don't work with level 1. Big surprise. Anyways someone from the US called me a few hours later, and said that he would request that data analysis re look at the case.

That was on Friday and I still haven't heard anything about it. The good news though is that I got the email from the US guy so at least I have a point of contact without having to call level I again.

Any updates tehvishal?

I called the customer service number and spent 30 minutes going back and forth with the first round guy demanding to talk to a supervisor. They were unable to connect me right then and there. Turns out supervisors are US based and don't work with level 1. Big surprise. Anyways someone from the US called me a few hours later, and said that he would request that data analysis re look at the case.

That was on Friday and I still haven't heard anything about it. The good news though is that I got the email from the US guy so at least I have a point of contact without having to call level I again.
Thanks for the reply specialized, will call tomorrow and ask to have it reanalyzed. I am still getting
the run around from DJI support. I had a well known forum member analyze my .dat file and his analysis is as follows:

After time 283 (4:43) the was no pitch (elevator) input. In addition, the only throttle input after this time was positive.upload_2017-9-17_15-8-55.png

The incident was caused by a propulsion issue that started at time 283 secs (4:43) This can be seen by the unstable attitude with no control inputs and the motorSpeed data.
= upload_2017-9-17_15-15-23.png upload_2017-9-17_15-15-35.png

DJI Still Claims the "crash" was due to pilot error. DJI Susan response on DJI forums is as follows:
I understand your depression completely. I would feel the same if I lost my drone.

Actually, the drone has been crashed at 04:43. At that time, p:8.1 r: 59.5 y: 73.2 means that the drone has been flipped over. You can find it from the below picture.

Therefore, our colleagues offered you the corresponding solution according to DJI's policy. Hope you could understand and let us know how would you like to proceed. If there is any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
183502mfvdqbob87z08ga0.png

Dropping from the sky is a pretty scary event. Some have turned off the Landing Protection feature and say that it caused their craft to fall. I can see going full throttle to prevent your craft from falling.

Dropping from the sky is a pretty scary event. Some have turned off the Landing Protection feature and say that it caused their craft to fall. I can see going full throttle to prevent your craft from falling.
Didn't really change any settings so I assume Landing Protection was still enabled.
Full Throttle was exactly to try to prevent Mavic from falling into the water, but had no effect on the drone. Thanks for the reply!

Dji are such scum bags. Theyll never admit anything is their fault. And they have all the power they get to interpret the logs any way they want and you have to live with their verdict.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark