DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

alexsolich

Reactions
Dear all,

please take a look at this video

I tried everything, IMU recalibration, gimbal reset / recal, firmware refresh etc.
The lower right quadrant is OOF if everything else in focus if the lower right in focus then everything else OOF. Contacted DJI for support, waiting for the answer.
I purchased 2 weeks ago, did not crashed or bumped the mavic into anything. Used different apps (litchi, DJI GO4 Androis, IOS).
Can you do anything else?

Cheers and happy new year,

Alex

I didnt see anything wrong with your video

In the first part of the clip the lower right corner is in focus, and everything else is blurry. In the second part of the clip everything is in focus except the lower right corner. It seems that there is a misalignment of the lens and the sensor. Please look at it at >=1080p

Cheers

After you slowed down it was looking good. Were you in sport mode when you were flying in towards the statue. Then was blurry.

After you slowed down it was looking good. Were you in sport mode when you were flying in towards the statue. Then was blurry.

First seconds of the first clip, everything is stationary, look at the flagpoles and the trees on the left side, I intentionally focused on the house at the lower right, and it is in focus. The second part is trickier because only the trees at the lower right quadrant are OOF. It doesnnot depend on the motion it’s not motion blur. I see the same on photos from this unit also

Cheers

I have the same issue in same corner. Purchased sept 17.

Once you know it's there it annoys the hell out of you. It's quite obvious when moving and foliage etc goes from focus on left or top to out of focus when it reaches that corner.

Stills are also a challenge, I normally try to take them with little detail in that corner.

I'm living with it for now but ultimately it needs to go back to DJI for camera replacement. Will get round to it soon.

Reactions: alexsolich
Just noticed the same problem, most of the RHS of my video footage is OOF. Also general focusing has been a bit of an issue recently considering I'd never noticed it before! Has new firmware effected it?? Plus flew at night recently (legally) and it would not focus in auto or manual but when I first purchased it it focused fine? All rather disappointing and really annoying since I love this machine generally!! Any ideas or top tips welcome!!

I have same issue & in the same spot.
Tapping my controller to manually focus cures this but flying to another point in the sky and I'll have the issue crop up again with only being able to notice when I get the footage off of the sdcard
This guy say's he has the fix but I'm not so sure?
Corner Blur - Focus Issue FIX!

This guy says that the Sharpness setting at 0 is not without effect as you would expect and +1 give better results. Cost nothing to try.

This guy says that the Sharpness setting at 0 is not without effect as you would expect and +1 give better results. Cost nothing to try.
Yes I did the +1 and my lower right was still popping up with wash out if I didn't tap focus and all I said before

I have same issue & in the same spot.
Tapping my controller to manually focus cures this but flying to another point in the sky and I'll have the issue crop up again with only being able to notice when I get the footage off of the sdcard
This guy say's he has the fix but I'm not so sure?
Corner Blur - Focus Issue FIX!
Many says that the first series of Mavic was poor regarding focus, is yours old?

Reactions: SpinItUp
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98