DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini & cached maps.

hunterws

Reactions
I had a Mavic Pro that ran Go4, and if I was going to an area without internet, I'd cache the map area before I left.
Sold off the Pro and got the chance to get a mini, so did. No map caching I can see, no videos on it either.
I plan on using a wi-fi only tablet with it, as well, my cell phone plan doesn't have mobile hotspot features.
So, installing maps while still online, I'd think ... is crucial. *shrug*
Any input is appreciated. Thanks

I had a Mavic Pro that ran Go4, and if I was going to an area without internet, I'd cache the map area before I left.
Sold off the Pro and got the chance to get a mini, so did. No map caching I can see, no videos on it either.
I plan on using a wi-fi only tablet with it, as well, my cell phone plan doesn't have mobile hotspot features.
So, installing maps while still online, I'd think ... is crucial. *shrug*
Any input is appreciated. Thanks
If I remember correctly, this is all I did with my Samsung S7 which is wifi only and I use exclusively for my mini. While connected to wifi, Just navigate on the map to the areas that you want to fly in and zoom in and out and I think it will cache it automatically. If I am missing a step I am sure someone else will jump in but I think this is all that I had to do and I have working maps while flying with no network connection.

Reactions: hunterws and ff22

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121