DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini FCC Version Hack for Full Power in EU

I tried the hacks to let AC to hover first before connecting RC to phone. I only got 500m distance and 200m height when my mini started loosing connection...
What about others, do u get 500m for FCC in urban area?
For me this method work's, i have the fcc version in Europe and yesterday i got 2.8km and without fcc hack i got 1.3km same time and place flying above the seaScreenshot_20200330-153651.jpg

Have a CE version and what i do is...

1) On the phone, select a US location using the fake GPS app first...
2) switch on the controller and select camera view...
3) switch on the aircraft with my hand covering the top area so it does not lock to GPS.
4) once the aircraft is connected, it automatically changes the WiFi setting to FCC.
5) I choose "C" mode, then check in transmission settings to confirm I am in 5.8 --- HOW I CONFIRM I AM IN FCC MODE IS BY SEEING ONLY 11 CHANNELS FOR 2.8.
6) I manually start the propellers and hover the aircraft. As the mode is "C", the aircraft will not do out of control moves as it is still not connected to GPS
7) in few seconds the GPS gets locked automatically, and I update the homepoint for RTH.

All done...

I have gone to 2.8kms with a bit heavy city area with this... With CE mode, the maximum I went was 1.3kms

Reactions: dnmrt
Maybe it might work. I did this as I typed and the test take-off view was that all the bars were green and very shallow, and none red and 5.8ghz. Although I didn’t fly more than 700m away, but a record in that direction.

Mavic Mini CE

Last edited:
Has anyone tried to set the FCC mode without the sim in the smartphone? I seemed to understand that the recognition of the continent could be made by reading the sim

Did this hack on my ce mavic mini and got to a record 1600m this is on a built up residential area. Previously best i got was 1000m so defo an improvement.

Guys, I had FCC working, (using Henrik) when he released it. Today i did the update along with the battery update.
FCC is no longer working for me.

I have tried and tried and just cannot get the 11 channels.

Anyone else?

• Wow
Reactions: raulmavic
Ok,
maybe I've submitedde a reply in the wong thread.
Reported here :

Got it working. Need to do it indoors so that it doesn't lock to GPS BEFORE the rotors are going. It's working back on 11 channels now ?

I'm glad to hear you.

FCC hack is still working at 1.00.0500 april released firmware. Great !

R.

I'm the opposite to most, i have FCC version...but want to ability to unlock (and check to see) how much my range can improve on 2.4Ghz. Anyone have news on how this could be unlocked in the app, or is it physically not possible based on its build?

RoOSTA

I'm the opposite to most, i have FCC version...but want to ability to unlock (and check to see) how much my range can improve on 2.4Ghz. Anyone have news on how this could be unlocked in the app, or is it physically not possible based on its build?

RoOSTA
If you are talking about the mini FCC version, there is no 2.4GHz channel on it, only 5.8. The CE mini version has both 2.4 and 5.8 but the transmission power is much lower on both bands. This is different from all the other mavic versions that are firmware dictated to adjust the transmission power to whatever area (CE or FCC) the unit is in (so far).

Reactions: roosta
If you are talking about the mini FCC version, there is no 2.4GHz channel on it, only 5.8. The CE mini version has both 2.4 and 5.8 but the transmission power is much lower on both bands. This is different from all the other mavic versions that are firmware dictated to adjust the transmission power to whatever area (CE or FCC) the unit is in (so far).

Hi Gary. Yes, I'm one of the rare few that want the opposite...I'm not in EU yearning for a higher power output on a particular frequency. Instead, I'm yearning for the FLEXIBILITY and choice to be able to fly over multiple frequencies...and yes, as the power output is lower, would have to enable the FCC hack and use fake GPS in order take advantage of the higher equivalent power output for AUS/US models...but potentially fly further with 2.4Ghz (if range ever becomes a problem for me)

I found this video and thought it was rather helpful - see table summary at end): its the Euro CE model:

Odd issue & some tips from my experience:

1. I'm using an iPhone XS with no jailbreak, so getting a working GPS hack was an effort to start with. What I used is Desktop app, iMyFone, that allows you to change your location with a non-jailbreak iphone - you just need a laptop and a cable. Once you change your location to US your phone "keeps" it even after you disconnect the cable.

2. Take-off:
Switch on RC and connect to phone, start app and go to Camera view. Then I start up the drone, covering it with my hand (this is important because if the drone connects to GPS it "overwrites" the fake location and you need to restart). Once the drone connects to my RC (& phone) I go in the settings make sure I select a 5.8 Ghz channel.

3. Landing:
Unlike what others have said, if I do not disconnect my phone before landing as soon as I land I receive a message that my location has changed and new transmission settings will to be applied (overwrites the fake location). To avoid this I disconnect my phone and land the drone with the RC.

Odd issue:
Low probability that this is caused by anything else, and I am yet to make some test tomorrow in standard/hacked mode, but when flying with the hack the mini radar on the screen showing the location of the drone with respect to the RC is very much wrong. I would fly the drone visibly straight in front of me, but it would appear on the mini radar as it were 90 degrees to my left... When I open the mini map it shows that the drone has accurately updated its Home Point (e.g. I am not flying under US homepoint). Anyone else experiencing this? Any way to force-calibrate it to accurately track/visualize this?

This is quite annoying, but to be honest the overall improvement is so big, even when I am not pointing the RC perfectly directly at the drone I am getting higher range than before,.

FCC hack stopped working for me after 1.00.0500 firmware and DJI Fly 1.1.5 app update.

I read firmware has nothing to do with FCC hack. It's just an application problem. They say after dowgrading DJI Fly to 1.0.8 FCC hack works again.

MM CE into FCC hack

I have not still tested becouse I don't really like downgrading. I think it's better to wait for a new solution.

R.

Last edited:
Ei toimi kuten ennen ... löytää kyllä ne 11 kanavaa ja kaiku ok ... mutta menee manuaalitilaan sen jälkeen, kun potkurit alkavat 2,4 GHz: llä eivätkä pääse liikkumaan menettämättä kantaman etäisyyttä Yhdysvaltain 5,8 GHz: stä?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura