DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini motor covers

Is it normal for the motor cover to rattle when the mini is started
Do you have aftermarket / third party motor covers? if so and they are rattling then they may be loose. if your MM (Mavic mini) is stock and you hear a rattle I would verify all props, motor screws are tight. always use locktite as well. never a bad idea to use the screw driver that came with your MM as part of your Pre-Flight check to verify any and all screws on your MM are tight.

Reactions: LankALank
Is it normal for the motor cover to rattle when the mini is started

Yes if you have the Aluminum Motor Covers they our very loose.

The Neoprene ones we use work with a 3m adhesive to stay tight and keep the props on tighter.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain
Coal

Do you have aftermarket / third party motor covers? if so and they are rattling then they may be loose. if your MM (Mavic mini) is stock and you hear a rattle I would verify all props, motor screws are tight. always use locktite as well. never a bad idea to use the screw driver that came with your MM as part of your Pre-Flight check to verify any and all screws on your MM are tight.
Is there anything around the house that I could use instead of the Loctite because I don’t have none at the moment with anything else substitute Loctite

Is there anything around the house that I could use instead of the Loctite because I don’t have none at the moment with anything else substitute Loctite

So not a fan of loctite on these screws as they our easily stipped , so careful with that.
Yes it is I was thinking about buying low noise props but here is a picture of the motor View attachment 94414

So what you could do is do you still have the package these came in, you will notice the package is made out of foam. If you have some scissors you cut a small strip of that foam core and than cut it again so its thinner, like 1/16 and use that under the prop covers, should snug it up .

When your ready suggest you get the mavic Wet Suit so as to avoid all future problems.
The Neoprene Covers our the best because they provide benefits both for protecting and tightening.

This is the quick hack I came up with but you might not have the package material .

Screenshot 02-18-2020 20.32.59.png

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly Mavic Mini in the Rain.

Last edited:
So not a fan of loctite on these screws as they our easily stipped , so careful with that.

So what you could do is do you still have the package these came in, you will notice the package is made out of foam. If you have some scissors you cut a small strip of that foam core and than cut it again so its thinner, like 1/16 and use that under the prop covers, should snug it up .

When your ready suggest you get the mavic Wet Suit so as to avoid all future problems.
The Neoprene Covers our the best because they provide benefits both for protecting and tightening.

This is the quick hack I came up with but you might not have the package material .

View attachment 94417

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly Mavic Mini in the Rain.
Yes I do lol. I will most definitely try ur technique.thank u

I'm not sure I'd trust covers that have the prop screws go through the covers to bolt to the motors. In that configuration, you would have to use non-stock screws. You can't be certain prop tolerance for up/down movement is to DJI specs.

Now those covers that bolt to the motor and props that bolt to the covers with stock screws have a better chance of maintaining stock tolerance.

I'm not sure I'd trust covers that have the prop screws go through the covers to bolt to the motors. In that configuration, you would have to use non-stock screws. You can't be certain prop tolerance for up/down movement is to DJI specs.

Now those covers that bolt to the motor and props that bolt to the covers with stock screws have a better chance of maintaining stock tolerance.

I have this kind.BFC2056D-35D4-4831-8CFA-9D5D958BC896.jpeg

Well fellas I went on and took off the motor covers I couldn’t stand the rattling and I think it puts more strain on the motors plus it’s Probably gonna cause it to overheat.But I’m still taking that poll So please chime in

Reactions: hiflyer201
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman