DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro blurry frame in video

green95

Reactions
Hi Guys, New to the forum and to the drone community. Sorry if this has been discussed already, don't hesitate to link me to the original post.

I recently purchased the Mavic and noticed that during videoing I was getting certain frames with blur in them, this made the video look like it was jittering/ flickering. The mavic was sent back to DJI and they decided that the issue was the Vibration damping module and gimbal arm module!

few weeks later i received my mavic back, initially think it was 'repaired' however upon the first flight back the jittering is still visible therefore the problem must be a camera issue, Has anyone else had issues with the camera? or this exact issue as seen in the video below? Has anyone had issues with their drone and sent it to DJI to receive it back still broken?

Heres the video showing the blurry frame.

Gimbal vibration/hitting end points, which usually happens on abrupt speed changes which it seems you were doing there. I.e. normal.

Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 15.39.01.png
Gimbal vibration/hitting end points, which usually happens on abrupt speed changes which it seems you were doing there. I.e. normal.
Cheers for the Fast reply! so you reckon that when slowing down i need to go easy on the sticks otherwise it will cause that jump in the Video?

Ive attached a screenshot of the blurry frame as a reference for you to look at!

It's not jello, that little flicker isn't normal but can be caused by gimbal bumping into stops jarring the camera..
Does it do it mainly when pointing down - could be easier to hit stops then as things are probably better balanced with camera looking more forward.

Reactions: Kilrah
Pointing straight down indeed needs extra care since there's little extra range of movement. The blurred part is indeed telling of vibration (it's skewed too).
Just hold your Mavic in your hand with the camera down and tilt it back a little, you'll see how quick the camera hits the fan grill. Now imagine that in flight it tilts twice as much and very quickly when you let the stick go, in addition to the accelerations from the flight.

Due to the small movement ranges and loose attachment of the Mavic gimbal you've got to be gentle with it. Price to pay for the compactness, a Phantom couldn't care less and never shows such artifacts since the gimbal mounting is sturdy and there's ample range to counter even large movements.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan