DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Gimbal tilts up on its own randomly - solutions? It's Out of Warranty.

Reactions
Problem:
Gimbal tilts up by itself randomly even when sitting on my desk.
Other than that it works as expected most of the time. It's just a bummer to have the gimbal tilt up in the middle of recording a shot that you then have to do over again hoping there will be no tilt.

Was unit in a crash?
yes, 3-4 minor with landing in brushes, no hard surfaces.
No visible damage to ribbon or to camera. No visible debris lodged in/around the camera/gimbal.

What have you tried so far?
IMU, Compass, Gimbal calibrations (all successful)
Cleaned the gimbal area and camera with electrical contact spray to free any lodged debris that could be stuck somewhere (nothing is visible)

What device are you using?
iPad Air (2013) and iPhone 6 Plus (2014)

What firmware are you running?
Aircraft: 01.04.0500
Controller: 01.04.0500

What Go app version are you using?
DJI GO 4 - 4.3.20

Any modification?
Using the platinum low noise propellers.
But the issue started months after I've started to use these and the issue happens also when drone is sitting on the table all folded up.

Did you change anything or install any apps?
I have patched the aircraft firmware with NLD to remove the no fly zones but issue started before that.

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem?

turn off the feature that allows the gimbal to go past level and see if that stops it happening

unfortunately it would seem that there is a fault somewhere in the gimbal and its wiring or some internal damage if nothing has fixed the problem it will need to go to an approved repairer to get a quote for repair

Problem:
Gimbal tilts up by itself randomly even when sitting on my desk.
Other than that it works as expected most of the time. It's just a bummer to have the gimbal tilt up in the middle of recording a shot that you then have to do over again hoping there will be no tilt.

Was unit in a crash?
yes, 3-4 minor with landing in brushes, no hard surfaces.
No visible damage to ribbon or to camera. No visible debris lodged in/around the camera/gimbal.

What have you tried so far?
IMU, Compass, Gimbal calibrations (all successful)
Cleaned the gimbal area and camera with electrical contact spray to free any lodged debris that could be stuck somewhere (nothing is visible)

What device are you using?
iPad Air (2013) and iPhone 6 Plus (2014)

What firmware are you running?
Aircraft: 01.04.0500
Controller: 01.04.0500

What Go app version are you using?
DJI GO 4 - 4.3.20

Any modification?
Using the platinum low noise propellers.
But the issue started months after I've started to use these and the issue happens also when drone is sitting on the table all folded up.

Did you change anything or install any apps?
I have patched the aircraft firmware with NLD to remove the no fly zones but issue started before that.

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem?
Look for damages om the gimbal flat cabel and change it if there are any visibal damaged.

Why not try a remote controller sticks calibration?

I was able to test it out today after a controller sticks calibration and it seems to have made a little worse, more erratic.

Any other suggestions would be very welcome.

Thx.

Thanks all for the suggestions.
Took it to a repair shop and they cleaned the gimbal motors out, turns out it had some small amounts of sand or dirt that wasn’t visible until pulled apart.
Works well for now.
Thank you for letting us know, very interesting

Thanks all for the suggestions.
Took it to a repair shop and they cleaned the gimbal motors out, turns out it had some small amounts of sand or dirt that wasn’t visible until pulled apart.
Works well for now.
Had a crash today and am seeing this same problem with the camera tilting up. The crash did leave a little mud on the camera arms, so I'll try and see if I can give it a clean without actually taking it apart

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan