DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro - no video after LSVD cable replacement

zeroql

Reactions
Hi guys,

recently I crashed my Mavic and on first sight LSVD (video signal silver cable) was ripped off and vibration plate was broken. At that moment I didn't see that ribbon cable has been ripped too. I have order replacements part (LSVD cable and plate) and that came to me after 3 weeks. I went on next step - to replace parts, and upon re-assembly of Mavic I have notice that ribbon cable is gone too. However, silver video cable is replaced but I still don't have video from Mavic on my phone. Does ribbon cable have anything with video signal transmission? I know that ribbon cable is in connection with gimbal motor, but not with gimbal video feed as well...

I have try to de-attach SD card - nothing happened
I have try to hit record on black screen to see will SD card record something - nothing. Even strange part is that when I hit record, counter on my phone does not start at all and I can't stop recording even with RC or with phone (REC keeps flashing on RC controller) until I turn aircraft off...

Only info I got on screen is that gimbal motor is overloaded

Also, I had old firmware, and I tried to update it to see will any problem be solved - not, everything is remain the same.

I'm about to order Ribbon cable but I'm worried will that solve this issue? I'm going to replace it anyway, just wondering is there maybe some other problem.

Any advice from experienced guys would be appreciated :)

You're asking if you need both cables? I believe one is for video feed and one is for the gimbal motors.

@Thunderdrones is the guy that would know.

What error messages are you getting?

You prob got a bad silver cable in the mail. That's why I only troubleshoot with trusted cables. It will make your hair turn gray if you dont do it that way.

Except motor overload I dont get any message related to video on screen

Cable is bought at F.Stops Labs and its seems unbroken on inspection.. It says "Authentic DJI part" on plastic bag when its arrived. Should I unmount it and check connectivity between pins?

Fstop is reliable, so we can rule out the silver cable as the video problem, if its still intact after your installation. Are you sure you put the silver cable in correctly and that it's seated in the connector on the cam body and on the gimbal board? If I were you, I would pull both cables, inspect both cables, looking at each strand from end to end under a magnifying glass. They can be tricky. Even a hairline scratch on the ribbon or one loose strand or kink if the silver can cause a malfunction. VERY GENTLY pull on each strand on the silver cable at the connector to make sure the strands are still in the connector. Alot of times, DIY people tear cables as they try to install them. Im guilty of that crime, and I cant blame the cable.

After you have reinspected the cables, turn on the Mav and see what your gimbal does. If its not working right, take a video and post it on youtube then here.

@Thunderdrones

Finally I got ribbon cable up to replacement but still nothing. Camera do all she is supposed to do after power on but no image coming trough, just black screen. Also, notification does not say anything that is bad. I'm out of ideas what should I do next...

I have exactly the same problem. I replaced the ribbon for the gimble and A very light crash that gimble cover dislodged and cut gimble wiring. Now camera screen is blank. The drone flys perfectly normal with no errors on screen. I'm suspecting when I put shell on I had the signal video cable under top cover but doesn't look broken. But not perfectly straight. I was considering buying the video signal cable too see if that works. What do you guys think ?

I have exactly the same problem. I replaced the ribbon for the gimble and A very light crash that gimble cover dislodged and cut gimble wiring. Now camera screen is blank. The drone flys perfectly normal with no errors on screen. I'm suspecting when I put shell on I had the signal video cable under top cover but doesn't look broken. But not perfectly straight. I was considering buying the video signal cable too see if that works. What do you guys think ?

You can try replacing the silver video cable. Thats a place to start.

I have also exactly same issue. Did it solve the issue replacing the silver video cable ?

Should I unmount it and check connectivity between pins?
If you can perform a continuity test on the LVDS (low-voltage differential signaling) cable, you've either got some rad skills or really good equipment for working on micro-circuits.

Did you try another new LVDS cable. As @Thunderdrones said, it could be the gimbal/camera PCB was damaged or maybe the camera itself was damaged. Troubleshooting these gimbal/camera problems is a real PITA if you don't have a complete set of known good parts.

(Which I still want @Thunderdrones ;))

Anyway, I send it in repair service in Germany about one month ago, no reply from them yet

Anyway, I send it in repair service in Germany about one month ago, no reply from them yet
A MONTH AND NO REPLY!!! :eek:

I hope you're calling or emailing them daily at this point. I'd be pretty mad at being left hanging for a month! :mad:

Just to let you know, I have replaced again the video silver cable and now video signal is coming back properly on my smartphone. Even if old cable didn't look to be damaged, replacing it has solved the problem.

Hi guys.

Can I just confirm something here?

If the gimbal is moving fine, but the screen is black (with no error messages) does that mean the silver image cable is damaged? And that there is no issue with the ribbon cable?

I crashed, and tore ribbon cable.
After the crash image was coming through fine but the gimbal had no motor.

I then replaced ribbon cable, and after start up the gimbal now works, but I get no image.

I Think this means during the fix I have damaged the image signal cable. Can anyone confirm this?

@Thunderdrones has suggested a damaged PCB, but as the image was coming through after the crash, I guess we can rule that out??

Reactions: Jacknet007
Sounds correct. Ribbon is gimbal only and silver cable is camera only, there is no "cross-functionality" between the 2. Camera cable or connector probably got improperly plugged or damaged in the operation.

Hi guys

@Thunderdrones . Don't worry, you were perfectly clear, my mistake!

I have just dismantled the mavic and checked the LVDS cable all over. The connection is good, and there weren't any broken wires. There were a few kinks though.

Before I have another cable couriered to Africa, I just want to triple check it couldn't be anything else?

E.g is there a reset / software function I could perform?

Is it possible any of the 4 ribbon connectors which sit on top of the gimbal assembly could be damaged?

When I tried to reset the camera in manual settings (at bottom of menu) it never seemed to work. I just get the focus square flashing

I also now have the HD sign and all of its 5 bars flashing at me on the remote. (I.e the image transmission signal)

any advice would be amazing

Leo

Kinks in the cable are ok as long as you dont see any of the white inner cable showing through. You can gently pull each strand where the kink is and see if it separates. If even one of them separates, your cable will need to be replaced.

The other possibilities are the gimbal PCB board or your core board, but best to start with the cheap parts first and see if it fixes it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR