DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum Gimbal

CandyMan_ZA

Reactions
Does anyone know what would cause this? While flying my new MPP occasionally the gimbal goes haywire and then locks up in this position? I have done several gimbal calibrations before this happened but not since.

No filters. Stock standard. I even suspected that protective sticker to maybe catching but as you can see it is on the opposite side. The camera is not supposed to extend so far in this direction.

Here is the camera view of what happened. Note the warning beeps (possibly due to flying into the sun?) then the action of the gimbal. I hit RTH as I panicked it was another Black Eagle attack :-o The video recording also stopped at this point.

Here is the flight record. I received a max altitude warning. I stopped, changed from 120m to 500m and continued my flight path. Then got the "Braking now" warning and it stopped in mid flight. Notice I did not adjust the gimbal myself, it was all over the place on its own.

Attachments

• 31582172_10155135476476394_901690450644041728_n.jpg
    31582172_10155135476476394_901690450644041728_n.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 31781898_10155135476756394_7033247747381657600_n.jpg
    31781898_10155135476756394_7033247747381657600_n.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 29
  • flight_data_data.jpg
    flight_data_data.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 27
  • flight_data_map.jpg
    flight_data_map.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I don't have the platinum, but just the regular pro. It's basically the same thing. My gimbal has done that before. I wouldn't worry about it unless it does it often. It's fairly common in that a lot of people have experienced it, but it doesn't happen very often to them usually. I'm sure it's probably just a software glitch, but it doesn't do it much. Even if you returned it for a new one, chances are it would happen again at some point.

I was expecting something like a planets collapse by the title man .. why not just put strange noise from mavic in sport ..

my next post is about extended landing gear heres the heading

EPIC LANDING LEGS ON MAVIC EXPLODE ON LANDING CAUSING TSUNAMI ACROSS ALL CONTINENTS ALL LIFE SHALL STOP IN 2 HOURS

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
I was expecting something like a planets collapse by the title man .. why not just put strange noise from mavic in sport ..

EPIC LANDING LEGS ON MAVIC EXPLODE ON LANDING CAUSING TSUNAMI ACROSS ALL CONTINENTS ALL LIFE SHALL STOP IN 2 HOURS

Care to explain, I am afraid I don't follow? o_O

Reactions: jedburgh01
Back to OP, based on the video, it sure looks like you were getting some high wind. I base this on the amount of props that are showing in the video as the Mavic is trying to stay in position. Wind, especially high wind, will cause problems, especially it seems if you get a lot of wind warnings, and don't lower the altitude. There are a lot of posts on this site where the gimbal resets in flight, going through a lot of hard movements, but usually it will come back to level.

500m is around 1500 feet high. At 1500 feet you can expect 2x to 3x maybe even 5x the winds you are feeling at your level. More than likely wind was part of the problem.

Paul Caldwell

Hi Paul. No high wind warnings. In fact it was very still. The props were only visible because the gimbal was pointing up higher than the horizontal position. I normally have this setting set to 30 degrees up but it was not in this case. It was not even in sport mode. I also wondered about this.

I was at 156m
Hi Paul. No high wind warnings. In fact it was very still. The props were only visible because the gimbal was pointing up higher than the horizontal position. I normally have this setting set to 30 degrees up but it was not in this case. It was not even in sport mode. I also wondered about this.

I think you posted on the wrong thread?

Reactions: CandyMan_ZA
Hi sorry about the height at 500m. I must have misread.

You might have just had a gimbal reset mid flight. Seems to happen every so often to many on this site.

I have had no resets but a few video lockups but only when I use the crystalsky.

My MPP gimbal also suffers from not being exactly level this needs a manual adjustment before most flights.

Paul Caldwell

Reactions: CandyMan_ZA
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78