DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro video feed very laggy / choppy

Jackthomson

Reactions
Hey guys, flew my Mavic for the first time yesterday in 4K 30fps. I noticed the feed was really laggy / choppy. When I turned the aircraft around it would take a second or two for the feed to catch up. I'm wondering if the 4K footage is too much for my iPhone 6 to cope with? When I played the video back on my Mac it was great. I know 4K needs a lot of processing power, so I feel my phone is struggling? Or is the feed not streamed back as 4K? I have bought a Sandisk 128GB ultra sd card type 3 (somewhere along those lines) hoping that may fix it. Has anyone had any similar issues? Remember, the video is fine on playback on a Mac the issue is when flying. Thank you in advance for any help :D The Mavic Pro rocks by the way! I friggin love it!

Reactions: Supercae
Here are a few things to try:
  • Restart your iPhone
  • Shut down all apps before starting DJI GO 4
  • Enable airplane mode
  • Try a different Lightning cable

The video is not streamed back to you in 4K- you have a choice of 720 or 1080. I only use 720- less bandwidth and easier on the phone. I really don't see the point of streaming back in 1080, even on a tablet. But to each his own.

The video is not streamed back to you in 4K- you have a choice of 720 or 1080. I only use 720- less bandwidth and easier on the phone. I really don't see the point of streaming back in 1080, even on a tablet. But to each his own.
I am new so how do you downgrade quality??
Thanks in advance.

i think this downgrades from 4K to 1080 but if it helps you can go to general settings, Image transmission settings then scroll down and go to Normal mode/HD Mode. i think one of them changes to 1080.

Yeah, there is Normal, HD, and Smooth -- I tried Normal and Smooth, it didn't seem to help at all. I'll give HD a try as well

Reactions: dbcnc1955
My video feed has been laggy real bad lately. I did crash my mavic and thats when it started happing. The video feed is jumpy the Im looking at the screen but plays back perfect. Is there anything I can try to fix this. Thanks

IOS. I'll try that next time I fly. I never used to turn that off and it worked fine. Im thinking maybe it did something when I crashed it? But not sure. I'll keep trouble shooting

Any damage to the legs on the front arms?

Unlikely to be a problem here but you could check connection on these cables & ribbon
_20171008_132518.JPG

If its connected but its a bad connection then it could be sending bad data
The error correction could cause lag / dropouts

Any damage to the legs on the front arms?

Unlikely to be a problem here but you could check connection on these cables & ribbon
View attachment 24753

If its connected but its a bad connection then it could be sending bad data
The error correction could cause lag / dropouts
Ok, So id have to take that bottom plate of to see this, Correct?

My video feed has been laggy real bad lately. I did crash my mavic and thats when it started happing. The video feed is jumpy the Im looking at the screen but plays back perfect. Is there anything I can try to fix this. Thanks

I wonder if the video cache filling the available space could be the culprit. Yes, the app will overwrite the old cache, but the OS can become choked with its own memory management swapping RAM in/out when available space nears zero.

I wonder if the video cache filling the available space could be the culprit. Yes, the app will overwrite the old cache, but the OS can become choked with its own memory management swapping RAM in/out when available space nears zero.
I'll try clearing the cache, but it I'm pretty sure it was empty as I had to take my phone in to get fixed and everything was cleared out.

Lag started at the same time as this?[/QUOTEN
It happened after I had crashed it. The phone was working after I had taken it in and got it fixed. Im thinking its jogged something inside maybe thats making it laggy? I took it out this weekend and tried a different memory card. It was still a bit laggy but not as bad as with the other card I had in.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU