DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Survives Rifle Shot... Returns to home flawlessly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just goes to show how safe LiPo’s can be - no explosion/flames etc.

As long as the cells weren’t shorted or open circuited they will continue at their nominal voltage but capacity would have been reduced. A couple of years ago we did a test with a carbon fibre tube to test the effect of a crash puncturing a 2S LiPo and exactly nothing happened. Based in a hot dry country we were very wary of a potential fire - we have enough of those already!

Still fortunate it didn’t drop from the sky... assuming it really was in flight at the time.

Agreed - but looking at the photos of the damage I cannot see how the cells were not shorted.

Reactions: dirkclod
Why would anyone shoot their own drone?

Wowzers! There are some CRAZY people out there. Glad he got it back!

[
Why would anyone shoot their own drone?
Insurance, get attention any number of reasons.
Ive seen stranger things being pulled.
Like I said, it wasn’t enough in that article for me.

I sent him a message just now.
Well maybe he will join here or at least give you the logs.
Do let us know if he answer you back.
Thank you.?

Reactions: Drone Master
Since it would be interesting to keep this thread alive in case we get to see any more information or data on this flight, it would be wise not to turn this into a gun rights debate - that's not allowed on this forum.

Is that because this is a forum run by redneck Americans?

Crazy country...

Crazy country...

It's for the obvious reasons that you see - it's too emotive a subject, apparently on both sides of the argument, and ends up derailing every thread in which it happens.

Crazy country...
Redneck I am. American I am .Vacation your on,yes.?

Just goes to show how safe LiPo’s can be - no explosion/flames etc.

As long as the cells weren’t shorted or open circuited they will continue at their nominal voltage but capacity would have been reduced. A couple of years ago we did a test with a carbon fibre tube to test the effect of a crash puncturing a 2S LiPo and exactly nothing happened. Based in a hot dry country we were very wary of a potential fire - we have enough of those already!

Still fortunate it didn’t drop from the sky... assuming it really was in flight at the time.
I never thought of the UK as hot and dry, Wet and dreary come to mine :oops:

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
The shooter actually admitted to police he shot the drone. Clear violation of FAA Article 18 which carries a sentence of up to 20 years. I hope they throw the book at this criminal. And where did the bullet land? Send a few of these haters to prison and this craziness just might stop.

The shooter actually admitted to police he shot the drone. Clear violation of FAA Article 18 which carries a sentence of up to 20 years. I hope they throw the book at this criminal. And where did the bullet land? Send a few of these haters to prison and this craziness just might stop.
Watch this space eh!. Iff he gets a light scentence then all you guys over there need to bookmark that. In my opinion shooting a drone is far more dangerous than piloting one in full control.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Mind you there is some pretty interesting wildlife living near me that pose as humans.

Yep you can only shoot live animals in the UK and get away with it. OOh! Below the belt.
I know it sucks all I can shoot are deer geese duck foxes pheasants grouse venison my favourite tho home made burgers and sausages, I'm all for shooting but not just for sake of Killin but to eat apart from crows foxes etc and other vermin, some vermin are protected by law tho ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54