DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pebblebuoy

Reactions
Hi,

Today I crashed my mini 2 whilst flying through a hollow tower.
The gimbal has come off and the cable has broken, the camera itself looks okay. The back right arm is also broken. The main casing as has a crack and a chip. (See pictures)

I do not have DJI cover.

What do you think my best option is?
I really am not good at fixing things so do not really want to try myself

I was thinking either sell as broken on ebay and buy a new drone only drone. Or should I send it for repairs with DJI? I just worry they will charge my more than buying another drone used

Thanks so much in advance

Attachments

• 279948680_701097581312975_5338343612132719492_n.jpeg
    279948680_701097581312975_5338343612132719492_n.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 279678209_1099044777623704_3172306488096425630_n.jpeg
    279678209_1099044777623704_3172306488096425630_n.jpeg
    265.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 279683615_387777156568690_5235612250450873326_n.jpeg
    279683615_387777156568690_5235612250450873326_n.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 69
I will offer you some advice…

Send an email to the appropriate DJI Web Site in the UK for DJI Support with the photos and ask if they do repairs.

Ask how much they charge per hour to perform repairs.

Ask how much they charge to give you an estimate to repair it (you would have to send your drone in and they may have to do some disassembly to properly estimate the repair cost and that work would not be free…) therefore, the estimate would not be free, but would shipping be free.

Also, I would ask around for "third-party" repair centers who also specialize in drone repairs. I would not trust a shop that specializes only in Smartphones and Tablets, they do not have the experience nor the spare parts… Know this, these shops would have to order the parts from DJI and they would mark up the costs of the parts if they have to order them. So, even if they charge less, the mark up for the parts, may minimize any cost savings in labor. Additionally, DJI offers a guarantee on their repairs, I imagine these shops do not…

Good Luck…

Reactions: tekgirl02
Hi,

The gimbal has come off and the cable has broken, the camera itself looks okay. The back right arm is also broken. The main casing as has a crack and a chip. (See pictures)

I do not have DJI cover.

I was thinking either sell as broken on ebay and buy a new drone only drone. Or should I send it for repairs with DJI? I just worry they will charge my more than buying another drone used

I would just be a Donnor to all those Mini 2 that have a chance to live. So Scrap for parts and save lives

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain, Capture the Storm.

My suggestion would be to get it repaired by DJI.
If you think that is too expensive you could try to sell it, but the buyer would need to know what happened and be aware of potential repair costs. I don't think you could get much for it.
Last option: write off as a loss and buy a new drone with DJI Care Refresh.
Whatever option you select it's likely to have significant cost.

You CAA registration is legible in the third photo, I'd suggest you delete the photo, edit the original and re-upload it.
I would be inclined to ask DJI what their inspection charge is, I have seen threads that mention them having very reasonable repair charges.
If you decide to sell it check the prices for completed auctions on ebay. (advanced search)

Reactions: LoudThunder
FWIW These guys have just repaired my Mavic Pro. if they give you a quote and you decide not to proceed it will cost you around £20 I believe - a £10 for the diagnosis and a £10 to return it to you Via courier

Given the cost of a new drone vs the possible repair cost though I suspect you might be best simply buying another one.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: LoudThunder
FWIW These guys have just repaired my Mavic Pro. if they give you a quote and you decide not to proceed it will cost you around £20 I believe - a £10 for the diagnosis and a £10 to return it to you Via courier

Given the cost of a new drone vs the possible repair cost though I suspect you might be best simply buying another one.
Good luck!
I would not recommend Drone Doctor following a bad experience with them some two years previous. That said it drove me to carry out DIY repairs and I have never had to look back carrying out many repairs since.

Hi,

I do not have DJI cover.

I had a damaged gimbal on my Air 2. I sent it to DJI Netherlands for repair. It cost €91 including shipping and they actually sent me a new or refurbished drone. I found their service excellent.

Reactions: stevenws
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21