DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LikeARock

Reactions
New to the group looking for help, thanks in advance.

Took the mavic out today, checked everything over before I took off. Accended about 20 ft and it was like a motor just failed or stalled. The front of the drone faced down and flew out of control until it wrecked.
Drone will turn on but is beat up pretty bad, and gimble looks ruined. Saying the motor overload code and gimble error.

I'm under 6 months, I would hope this would be covered under warranty. Has this happened to anyone before, or any tips on contacting DJI, I know customer service isn't the fastest. Thanks!

Flew out of control may not have been a motor failure. Hope someone can help you here. Remember, I used the term "may". Could be your right.

Flew out of control may not have been a motor failure. Hope someone can help you here. Remember, I used the term "may". Could be your right.

I've had it disconnect before and it smoothly flew home. I was connected the entire time today, but it made a weird noise the front dropped (as if it were a motor problem, assuming) and spun out of control like helicopters in movies before they ultimately...wreck

Possibly a broken prop. What was broken when you found it?
It flew into a house and fell off the roof. A gimble piece looks broke, and the whole drone is scuffed bad. It wasn't a broke prop, they're all scuffed but not broke. You could hear one motor wasn't running in sync with the others right before it took off. I looked at the flight log and it didn't show any errors

Contact DJI and start a warranty claim. If all the props are intact, and the motor didn't seize up, you might have had an ESC failure, especially if one motor was sputtering.

What type of weird noise did you hear?

Are you able to power it up now to see if the motors all spin? You don't need the gimbal connected, you can do it without props on a table.

Contact DJI and start a warranty claim. If all the props are intact, and the motor didn't seize up, you might have had an ESC failure, especially if one motor was sputtering.

What type of weird noise did you hear?
That's exactly how I would describe it, a motor sputtering sound while the others sounded smooth. I saw a warranty claim form, any idea if you need to contact them before you fill that out? It just seems like it takes weeks to hear back from DJI. Thanks!

That's exactly how I would describe it, a motor sputtering sound while the others sounded smooth. I saw a warranty claim form, any idea if you need to contact them before you fill that out? It just seems like it takes weeks to hear back from DJI. Thanks!

No, it really doesn't take weeks to hear back from them, just a day or two to get a shipping label. The waiting part comes when it's in UPS' hands, and then has to get checked into the system at DJI, then assessed whether it's a warranty claim or not, then a replacement drone sent out, then the UPS wait again.

Thanks a lot, I'll get on that form. What's your best guess on if it will be covered or not?

Thanks a lot, I'll get on that form. What's your best guess on if it will be covered or not?

If you were flying line of sight, didn't see a bird or foreign object hit it, there's a very good chance you will be covered. Do you have Refresh just in case? I would fight hard for the warranty claim unless they find something to the contrary in the logs.

If you were flying line of sight, didn't see a bird or foreign object hit it, there's a very good chance you will be covered. Do you have Refresh just in case? I would fight hard for the warranty claim unless they find something to the contrary in the logs.
I don't. I was literally 10 ft from it and it reached 13 ft in altitude before this happened. And when it did, I just had no control

New to the group looking for help, thanks in advance.

Took the mavic out today, checked everything over before I took off. Accended about 20 ft and it was like a motor just failed or stalled. The front of the drone faced down and flew out of control until it wrecked.
Drone will turn on but is beat up pretty bad, and gimble looks ruined. Saying the motor overload code and gimble error.

I'm under 6 months, I would hope this would be covered under warranty. Has this happened to anyone before, or any tips on contacting DJI, I know customer service isn't the fastest. Thanks!
There is a lot of info about the motors/ESC in the .DAT file. If you retrieve the .DAT there is a good chance the cause of this incident will be determined. To see how to retrieve the .DAT go here. It will be large so you'll have to Dropbox or GoogleDrive it and post a link.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61