DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Hey Maclak,

First, I would like to apologize for the lack of "after the sale" customer service you have received and the hardware issues you are experiencing. I know it can be frustrating when you have spent your hard earned money on a product and service, and it falls short of your expectations. Thank you for sharing your experience, if you could PM me your contact info, I can hopefully assist you better.

Will do. Not really need to apologize, just forward this to the appropriate units and tell en they are total waste of resources.
Still get angry when I think of it.
Some guy actually called me weeks after I gave up for a "customer survey" and was surprized I had nothing positive to mention. There should be a good file somewhere at Epson about my case, I will PM you the ref no. When I called the Amsterdam main office when other channels did not work out the sales department was not reachable, ever. When I got the reception the B##tch was acting all arrogant and refused to connect me to sales because I did not have a specific name of the individual. How/ why should I know the Epson staff by name? As said your CS is a joke.

It's good to see vendors here to support their products, however it's less great when the problem solving for customers happens in private. I think everyone here would gain a lot by hearing how you deal with these complaints and what solutions were arrived at.

I think many of us are interested in this product potentially, but will continue to be hesitant until it appears to be stable.

As a past customer for Epson Pro Printers, I can attest that Epson makes some very fine product, but after sale service was never great. I hope that Epson endeavours to change this in the future.

Will post outcome here.

Last edited:
Reactions: ksmusa
It's good to see vendors here to support their products, however it's less great when the problem solving for customers happens in private. I think everyone here would gain a lot by hearing how you deal with these complaints and what solutions were arrived at.

I think many of us are interested in this product potentially, but will continue to be hesitant until it appears to be stable.

As a past customer for Epson Pro Printers, I can attest that Epson makes some very fine product, but after sale service was never great. I hope that Epson endeavours to change this in the future.
You are right. The owners of the BT-300 drone glasses are truly, early adopters and essentially venture capitalists. If Epson wants to create a loyal following it would make sense to treat the early users as partners, we are the ultimate focus group. I propose we start a MavicPilots Epson User Group to give us a larger voice in product development. These glasses are the answer to many professional users LOS, legal and just plain professional use of a Mavic.

Reactions: ksmusa
I'm very happy with my BT-300 and use them on almost every flight. I have the DJI goggles which are also amazing, but for the portability issue and the inability to comply with FAR's without a spotter, I usually use the Movarios to fly and give the DJI's to my "passenger".

Looks like the Epson rep that started the thread is no longer around to address concerns people are posting. If the rep returns, I have a few questions:

1. Please note that these glasses are advertised as Augmented Reality (AR) capable and indeed, they are. The DJI GO apps are not AR but Virtual Reality (VR) as they don't integrate with the users surroundings. In the BT-300 promotional video produced by Epson, an app is demonstrated using the BT-300's with full AR capability for a DJI drone as the operator is able to see the boundaries of nearby restricted airspace and view his programmed route of flight in relation to the view through the glasses. This video was certainly used to promote the product and demonstrate an AR capability that does not currently exist. We have been told that these capabilities are under development, but nothing has happened since the product was introduced. Can we expect this demonstrated app or a similar app that uses the AR capabilities of the product to be released? If so, please describe what is under development and other than "soon" when may we expect the software to use the product as it was advertised?

2. The Movario app store is not very useful as most of the apps are simple games, are for Japanese language only or are used for specific proprietary purposes needing additional equipment. Most apps have little description and little to no instructions for the user. The DJI Ultimate Flight V3 app on the Movario app market looks interesting, but it won't function without Google Play Store access. Is there a work around to be able to use this app with the Movario since no access to the play store is available?

3. Not being able to use the Play Store is a real handicap as many useful programs such as Litchi for our DJI products are available there. Is Epson trying to enable access to the Goggle Play store or will this never happen?

A response to these questions from the Epson rep would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm very happy with my BT-300 and use them on almost every flight. I have the DJI goggles which are also amazing, but for the portability issue and the inability to comply with FAR's without a spotter, I usually use the Movarios to fly and give the DJI's to my "passenger".

Looks like the Epson rep that started the thread is no longer around to address concerns people are posting. If the rep returns, I have a few questions:

1. Please note that these glasses are advertised as Augmented Reality (AR) capable and indeed, they are. The DJI GO apps are not AR but Virtual Reality (VR) as they don't integrate with the users surroundings. In the BT-300 promotional video produced by Epson, an app is demonstrated using the BT-300's with full AR capability for a DJI drone as the operator is able to see the boundaries of nearby restricted airspace and view his programmed route of flight in relation to the view through the glasses. This video was certainly used to promote the product and demonstrate an AR capability that does not currently exist. We have been told that these capabilities are under development, but nothing has happened since the product was introduced. Can we expect this demonstrated app or a similar app that uses the AR capabilities of the product to be released? If so, please describe what is under development and other than "soon" when may we expect the software to use the product as it was advertised?

2. The Movario app store is not very useful as most of the apps are simple games, are for Japanese language only or are used for specific proprietary purposes needing additional equipment. Most apps have little description and little to no instructions for the user. The DJI Ultimate Flight V3 app on the Movario app market looks interesting, but it won't function without Google Play Store access. Is there a work around to be able to use this app with the Movario since no access to the play store is available?

3. Not being able to use the Play Store is a real handicap as many useful programs such as Litchi for our DJI products are available there. Is Epson trying to enable access to the Goggle Play store or will this never happen?

it would be nice but Epson left us high and dry a long time ago

Hi Keith,

Sorry for my late response. Rest assured I am still around to address concerns.

1. Epson is in the process of selecting users for a "Beta" test of upcoming applications that will have various AR features. A first announcement is scheduled for 11/6... stay tuned! In the meantime, a cool AR drone concept app can be downloaded at seantron.com/dronear.apk

2. We'll check in with the creator of the DJI Ultimate Flight app, which model were you looking to use it with? Also, we recommend downloading the Amazon Android Apps Market, as those apps have no reliance on Google Services.

3. We understand your frustration. Unfortunately, Google will only certify phones & tablets for use with Google Services. The goal is to minimize device fragmentation, making it easier for app developers. You'll notice that even Google Glass did not have access to Google Play, it had it's own "Glassware" app store. We encourage our community to reach out to the creators of your favorite apps to upload their app to the Moverio Apps Market. If, and when, Google opens up access to play to non-standard devices, the Moverio team would love to chat with them.

Hi EpsonMovario,

I also am sorry for my late response. Glad to hear you're still around.

1. I'm sure you'll find all the "Beta" testers you need on this web site. There are many well qualified folks who own the Movarios that regularly visit here. Glad to hear that new applications are at the point where Beta testing is possible. Looking forward to the announcement.

I downloaded the dronear.apk that you mentioned. It requested a compass calibration, but was never able to "see" the Mavic, as it never captured GPS position or IMU status. If there are any instructions for the program, that might help, but with no additional information, I wasn't able to use the program.

2. I downloaded the files recommended by Ender on page 22 of the "other" BT-300 thread here, and was able to get DJI Ultimate Flight to run on my Mavic, but it had so much lag that I wasn't comfortable using it, so I went back to the DJI GO4 app. I also found that after installing the files referenced on page 22, that the maps in the DJI Go app seemed to have much less resolution as they must now be coming from another source. I think I'll just restore the Movarios to factory specs and go from there. I do have the Amazon apps store installed.

3. Thanks for the explanation of the lack of access to the Google Play Store. I previously had Google Glass and experienced a similar level of frustration on the lack of useful apps.

Last edited:
Hey Maclak,

First, I would like to apologize for the lack of "after the sale" customer service you have received and the hardware issues you are experiencing. I know it can be frustrating when you have spent your hard earned money on a product and service, and it falls short of your expectations. Thank you for sharing your experience, if you could PM me your contact info, I can hopefully assist you better.

As usual and as I explained earlier on how Epson CS works....same issue again. Actually exactly the same. Silence..........................

@EpsonMoverio : Seriously, are you really Epson or reseller of some kind? Cause if re-seller you must have been trained by Epson since they exactly do the same: Very friendly (except reception desk) and they "will look into your case and provide feedback" and then: ............silence...........forever!

Reactions: dbcnc1955
@EpsonMoverio : Seriously, are you really Epson or reseller of some kind? Cause if re-seller you must have been trained by Epson since they exactly do the same: Very friendly (except reception desk) and they "will look into your case and provide feedback" and then: ............silence...........forever!
Maclak:

I am very sorry and understand your hostility toward me. I am not a reseller but am based in the USA. I have attempted, unsuccessfully, to have Epson Europe reach out to you and address your concerns. My silence was only because I assumed your issue would be rectified at any moment. I have let you down, and am truly sorry. I will continue to advocate on your behalf through the channels available to me. Hopefully we can get some answers for you. I am sincerely sorry for your frustration.

Maclak:

I am very sorry and understand your hostility toward me. I am not a reseller but am based in the USA. I have attempted, unsuccessfully, to have Epson Europe reach out to you and address your concerns. My silence was only because I assumed your issue would be rectified at any moment. I have let you down, and am truly sorry. I will continue to advocate on your behalf through the channels available to me. Hopefully we can get some answers for you. I am sincerely sorry for your frustration.

I cannot look you in the eye and reflect it's actually more sarcasm than hostile( not my thing). I appreciate your effort and as said, it always goes this way. One-way is where the loop ends.
When I first purchased this it was not too known in medieval Europe so I could bring myself to understand some tech staff being unable to help but the lack of follow up gets so extremely frustrating. I love the product cause as long as it works, it's still the best option for me. At least a dozen of people that had never heard of the bt300 in my direct environment bought it because I recommended this. Even on this very forum I have praised it. Imagine how many more have been sold on their recommendation... Epson never showed any form of action whatsoever, just talk and promises which has no value.
" Aut viam inveniam aut faciam " does not apply in my very simple case...this should be though if there is heart in any customer support. I will warn anyone purchasing this from now on cause it's too much risk having no CS at all.

Again, 'sounds like their crappy printer support. Epson makes some great stuff. Too bad they are so terrible in after sale support. This sounds kinda like a drone company I know....

Anybody go to the event in CA on the 9th? Anything to report?

The perfect complement to your DJI™ drone, Moverio BT-300FPV smart glasses redefine First-person View (FPV), with a transparent display that makes it easy to view your drone’s video feed and key flight statistics, while keeping the aircraft in sight.
  • Maintain a clear line of sight — transparent display allows drone pilots to see key flight statistics, while still maintaining visual line of sight with the aircraft
  • Premier FPV DJI partner — controller comes preloaded with DJI’s popular DJI GO App
  • Easily record your drone in flight — front-facing camera captures real-time 1080p footage (at 30 fps) of your drone in flight, from the pilot’s point of view
  • Light, comfortable fit — world’s lightest Si-OLED-powered, binocular, transparent smart glasses1, only 2.5 oz/69 g; easy to wear, even for extended periods of time
  • Good visibility in bright sunlight — includes an extra-dark shade so there’s no need for a hood; maintain visual line of sight with your drone, even in sunny environments
  • Custom clips to hold the controller in place — securely holds the BT-300FPV controller to the DJI remote (works with Phantom™ 3, 4 and Inspire™ 1 remotes)
  • Android-based system — easily browse the Web, play games and stream content (does not support the Google Play™ store or other Google® Mobile Services)
  • Prescription glasses-friendly — fits over a wide range of prescription eyewear
  • Portable — rechargeable battery (in controller) offers up to six hours of battery life2; built-in card slot supports removable microSDHC cards up to 32GB
  • Future-ready — motion sensors, front-facing high-resolution camera and the ability to render 3D content will enable developers to build next-generation flight experiences
FAQS

Hi, I purchase the Moverio BT-300 Drone Edition and posted it on the DJI Forum to see what type of experience some of their pilots had with the Moverio. I received the following threads:

"Posted by MAVICDLNM
Welcome Silver Surfer to our BT300 family. You soon will notice once you encounter problem with DJI Go and connection issue with your DJI drone, there will be no support at all from neither DJI nor Epson. If you use BT300 to control Mavic Pro, don’t ever update to the latest 4.1.18. It cause horrify video feed lag and ground your BT300 before you even try."

"Posted by Iannes,
Don't upgrade to the latest version of the DJI Go4 from the Moverio apps store, it has latency and picxelation issues"

After reading the response above, what do you suggest?
From what I understand the DJI Go-4 app is to be used for the Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum. Which app does the Moverio BT-300 come with. If it doesn't come with the Go4 can I download the latest version 4.1.18 from the app store?
I look forward to your advice.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun