DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Posted by Iannes,
Don't upgrade to the latest version of the DJI Go4 from the Moverio apps store, it has latency and pixelation issues:

After reading the response above, what do you suggest?
From what I understand the DJI Go-4 app is to be used for the Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum. Which app does the Moverio BT-300 come with. If it doesn't come with the Go4 can I download the latest version 4.1.18 from the app store?
I look forward to your advice.

Just in case you didn't see my reply in the DJI Forum

My advice doesn't really apply in your case, where you don't have the previous DJI Go4 version downloaded from the Moverio Apps store. For me the previous version worked perfectly, the current version has some interference type issues but that just might be my location.

You won't have a choice, you will need to download the current version of the DJI Go4 from the Moverio Apps store

Epson do some optimising of the DJI Go4 app to make it work better with the BT-300 e.g they have their own version.
So you have to download DJI Go4 from the Moverio apps store and nowhere else.

Some side loaded apps , where you install the .apk file downloaded from sites like Apkpure.com e.g Netflix etc., work on the BT-300. As a guide most apps on the Amazon app store work as you don't need the google play store and google play services to authenticate.
You will just need to download them from Apkpure.com as opposed to Amazon, via the browser on the BT-300

Litchi will work as well, as an alternative when you have problems with DJI Go4, but you need to install exactly in this way.
I've installed this and it works

Search for "How to install Litchi on DJI CrystalSky and make it Work!!" on Youtube for the process

You can reverse the process and return the BT-300 to the stock configuration by just doing a backup and factory restore from settings, so there is no risk

Just in case you didn't see my reply in the DJI Forum

My advice doesn't really apply in your case, where you don't have the previous DJI Go4 version downloaded from the Moverio Apps store. For me the previous version worked perfectly, the current version has some interference type issues but that just might be my location.

You won't have a choice, you will need to download the current version of the DJI Go4 from the Moverio Apps store

Epson do some optimising of the DJI Go4 app to make it work better with the BT-300 e.g they have their own version.

Some side loaded apps , where you install the .apk file downloaded from sites like Apkpure.com e.g Netflix etc., work on the BT-300. As a guide most apps on the Amazon app store work as you don't need the google play store and google play services to authenticate.
You will just need to download them from Apkpure.com as opposed to Amazon, via the browser on the BT-300

Litchi will work as well, as an alternative when you have problems with DJI Go4, but you need to install exactly in this way.
I've installed this and it works

Search for "How to install Litchi on DJI CrystalSky and make it Work!!" on Youtube for the process

You can reverse the process and return the BT-300 to the stock configuration by just doing a backup and factory restore from settings, so there is no risk

Iannes, thanks for your response. I really appreciate it. I will be trying it out this weekend and want to make sure I am downloading the correct DJI Go 4 app for the Mavic Platinum. However I think the BT-300 Drone Edition already comes with a DJI Go app but not sure if it is a Go 4.
Per your advice I will down load it from the Movario App Store.
Thanks again, Iannes

Iannes, thanks for your response. I really appreciate it. I will be trying it out this weekend and want to make sure I am downloading the correct DJI Go 4 app for the Mavic Platinum. However I think the BT-300 Drone Edition already comes with a DJI Go app but not sure if it is a Go 4.
Thanks again, Iannes

The current version of DJI Go 4 in the Moverio App Store is 4.1.18 and when you install it, you, like me, will have a really, really nice $700 paperweight that you can display on your desk at work or on your coffee table at home. Right now I find I am stuck, 4.1.18 absolutely does not work. I have tried side loading 4.1.15 but it can not find the "resource file" so it won't start up.

Reactions: godiva92
Report back on your results, please, Silver! I've just received my BT-300 this afternoon and will be setting them up this weekend.

mreloc - I just received mine a few days ago and have spent the last couple of days trying to make them work. I will be interested to see it goes for you and Silver Surfer, so please post your results whether good or bad.

Last edited:
mreloc - I just received mine a couple of days ago and have spent the last couple of days trying to make them work. I will be interested to see it goes for you and Silver Surfer, so please post your results whether good or bad.

Hi Tonye53, let us know about your experience in trying to make your Moverio work. What DJI Drone
are you using? I am using a Mavic Pro Platinum and I have to down load the lates DJI Go 4 app if it's not already loaded in the Moverio.
"Iannes, Epson did some optimizing of the DJI Go4 app to make it work better with the BT-300 e.g they have their own version.

So my question is from where did you down load the DJI Go 4 App?

Last edited:
The current version of DJI Go 4 in the Moverio App Store is 4.1.18 and when you install it, you, like me, will have a really, really nice $700 paperweight that you can display on your desk at work or on your coffee table at home. Right now I find I am stuck, 4.1.18 absolutely does not work. I have tried side loading 4.1.15 but it can not find the "resource file" so it won't start up.
Have you tried calling the Moverio support desk? As last resort you can return it and get your money back. It does not have to be a useless paper weight. Let us know if you get it working. I hope I have better results with mine. I'll post the outcome.

Google go4 APK. Lots of sources. Just make sure you load 4.1.15 or earlier.

Google go4 APK. Lots of sources. Just make sure you load 4.1.15 or earlier.

When I bought the BT-300's, I loaded 4.1.18 from the Moverio app store and had trouble. I uninstalled 4.1.18 then downloaded 4.1.15 as you suggested to side load from the sd card and I put the obb file in the following location:

/SDCARD1/Android/obb/dji.go.v4/main.1027412.dji.go.v4.obb

but when I start 4.1.15 after installing from the sd card I get the error message:

Failed to get resource file. Please check your network connection and retry.

If you have side loaded the BT-300's successfully I would be interested to know what I may have done wrong. I do appreciate any help.

Thanks again, Iannes

If you need to download it, this is what you need to look for

DJIGO 4 --For drones since P4 - Media & Video

I'm waiting for this to be released

mreloc - I just received mine a few days ago and have spent the last couple of days trying to make them work. I will be interested to see it goes for you and Silver Surfer, so please post your results whether good or bad.

My BT300 now become a pair of sunglasses after install the latest DJI GO 4 4.1.18! That sucks I have trip come up next week and this time BT300 will not be with me because of this. Thank you DJI good job screw up your competitor.

Hi Tonye53, I went to the FAQs at www.epson.ca/support and learned that the DJI Go 4 app will only work with the product firmware R1.1.0 or higher. Therefore the first thing to do is check and make sure the BT-300 has the latest firmware.
You do this by:
1- Select the app icon
2- Select the Settings icon
3- Select About Device, then see the Kernel version for the system version.

If you don't have the latest firmware, download it .
Once you have downloaded the latest firmware then go to the Moverio Apps Market icon on the Apps list screen and download the DJI Go 4 app.

I will be checking mine out this weekend and following the steps mentioned above. Let me know if this helped. [emoji41]

Last edited:
When I bought the BT-300's, I loaded 4.1.18 from the Moverio app store and had trouble. I uninstalled 4.1.18 then downloaded 4.1.15 as you suggested to side load from the sd card and I put the obb file in the following location:

/SDCARD1/Android/obb/dji.go.v4/main.1027412.dji.go.v4.obb

but when I start 4.1.15 after installing from the sd card I get the error message:

Failed to get resource file. Please check your network connection and retry.

If you have side loaded the BT-300's successfully I would be interested to know what I may have done wrong. I do appreciate any help.

You might try also side loading all of these other files as well, watch this youtube, to get most of the google services related files necessary , although I do only recommend using the Epson version of the DJI Go4 app from the Moverio Apps store

I completely factory reset and deleted all the other non drone apps on my BT-300 and the latency is no longer an issue.

One of the apps must have been causing a problem at start up.

One thing I dislike about DJI 1.4.18 is that on the BT-300 , the radar and the map cannot be on the flight screen at the same time, it's one or the other.

I completely factory reset and deleted all the other non drone apps on my BT-300 and the latency is no longer an issue.

One thing I dislike about DJI 1.4.18 is that on the BT-300 , the radar and the map cannot be on the flight screen at the same time, it's one or the other.
Have you tired to fly with it yet? I did the same with factory reset. It work for a very short while, but after I press video recording and photo taken, the lag come back again with 1-2 seconds delay and randomly freeze for few seconds. I will do much detail fly tomorrow and report back here.

Hi Tonye53, I went to the FAQs at www.epson.ca/support and learned that the DJI Go 4 app will only work with the product firmware R1.1.0 or higher. Therefore the first thing to do is check and make sure the BT-300 has the latest firmware.
You do this by:
1- Select the app icon
2- Select the Settings icon
3- Select About Device, then see the Kernel version for the system version.

If you don't have the latest firmware, download it .
Once you have downloaded the latest firmware then go to the Moverio Apps Market icon on the Apps list screen and download the DJI Go 4 app.

I will be checking mine out this weekend and following the steps mentioned above. Let me know if this helped. [emoji41]

Silver Surfer and Iannes -
The BT-300 came with firmware version R1.0.0 so the first thing I did was upgrade them to R1.4.0.
I then loaded 1.4.18 from the Moverio App store and ran into the problems. I had not thought of doing a factory reset so I did that this morning and reloaded 1.4.18 from the Moverio App store but it is still the same, 5-10 seconds latency with heavy pixelation. After a minute or so the video just freezes up.

I do have a copy of 4.1.15 but I am still unable to side load it.

I talked with Epson technical support about this problem and they didn't seem to know anything about it. I recommended putting 4.1.15 back in the Moverio App Store and he was going to pass that along. So anyone who is having problems please call Epson Tech Support at (562) 276-4394. They may not listen to just one person so everyone who is having issues needs to report the problem.

Hi Iannes, did you fly test it already? Let us know how it went or how it goes>

Silver Surfer and Iannes -
The BT-300 came with firmware version R1.0.0 so the first thing I did was upgrade them to R1.4.0.
I then loaded 1.4.18 from the Moverio App store and ran into the problems. I had not thought of doing a factory reset so I did that this morning and reloaded 1.4.18 from the Moverio App store but it is still the same, 5-10 seconds latency with heavy pixelation. After a minute or so the video just freezes up.

I do have a copy of 4.1.15 but I am still unable to side load it.

You may want to try what "Iannes" did.

"Iannes

One thing I dislike about DJI 1.4.18 is that on the BT-300 , the radar and the map cannot be on the flight screen at the same time, it's one or the other."

Let me know how it turns out. :)

Reactions: EpsonMoverio
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman