DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MPro Battery from ~30% to 3% instantly

PowellSkier

Reactions
Took my Mavic Pro out this morning with DJI Goggles. My battery level was showing ~30% when the drone suddenly dropped to 3% battery, initiated auto land, then suddenly dropped straight down from about 50 ft up. Needless to say the gimbal and props were destroyed and an arm broke. I never received a single low battery warning. My phone was attached to the remote and I think I saw a message about the battery being in discharge mode? I just took this battery off the charger before flying and it showed a full charge.

Has anyone else had this issue?

did you check the cell voltages in the app before you took off sounds like one of them went below the critical level

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
How old is the battery? Was it maintained as per instructions, especially
Fully charge and discharge the battery at least once every 3 months
This calibrates the percentage meter to the actual battery capacity and is required for the displayed percentage to mean anything.

Reactions: Gindra
I was using a battery with a slightly swollen bottom
I took off with the battery at full charge and immediately headed away.
At about 130m the low battery alarm went off and the MP started the emergency landing routine. I was just able to guide it to an opening in the trees.
By time I reached it, even the indicator light was off.
Perhaps I should retire this one.

How long before you flew did the charger report 100% charge completion? Something is wrong with this story. If you took off at 30% this is what you would expect. The pack is only as good as the lowest voltage cell and the total available charge depicted in the app is useless.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum