DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first film entirely shot on M3

christangey

Reactions
Site
www.alicespringsfilmtv.com.au
I kind of got inspired by my recent trip to Tasmania and Victoria to make a film that shows that Australia is not all desert, not by a long shot.
All captured on my replacement M3, supplied by DJI after an incident with a branch that refused to give way to me :cool:
Filmed in the Australian states of South Australia, Victoria Tasmania and in the Northern Territory, hope you enjoy "Dressed in green-Australia"

Last edited:
Once I inverted the picture I could see the quality is amazing. I do not get such quality from my M3 I do not think.
Like all mavics it's a matter of tweaking them in several ways on the shoot end and then color grading on the edit end.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Wow this was beautiful. Yes, my appreciation for what Australia looks like has jumped by an order of magnitude, thanks for sharing!

Regarding your post processing, on your opening shots, had you slowed down the speed of the clips, or had you flown that slow in Cine mode?

i think I would have been seriously worried about the flock of birds so close as well. 🙂. Great video, thanks again for sharing.

Very nice work. It evoked a number of wows and oohs from Linda and me. And where ever that is is now on our list of places we'd like to visit.

Very nice work. I particularly like the last seconds with the top-down view of the trees. Great imagery for the ending.

That's stunning! Thanks for posting almost looking like New Zealand (except for the thousands of birds!) :) You have really mastered the slow pan and movement of the M3 something which has been challenging, any tips you can share? Many thanks!
Yes would love to have ago in NZ but I'd need the rest of my life to do it justice. I always say between Australian and New Zealand there is every possible location on earth! Apart from dampening all the EXP settings I was a little surprised at the moves I could make with this replacement aircraft myself Bussty. It's still not able to operate like an M2P at slow speed but it's not bad. I wouldn't have been shooting in cine mode as my first impression is that there is no real difference in ultra-slow speed between cine and normal anyway. Also I am shooting in 50P most of the time now and occasionally run it in the timeline as slomo, but I think you need to do that sparingly.

Very nice work. It evoked a number of wows and oohs from Linda and me. And where ever that is is now on our list of places we'd like to visit.

Very nice work. I particularly like the last seconds with the top-down view of the trees. Great imagery for the ending.
Happy to give you pointers to locations, the planning takes much longer than the actual shooting!

Wow this was beautiful. Yes, my appreciation for what Australia looks like has jumped by an order of magnitude, thanks for sharing!

Regarding your post processing, on your opening shots, had you slowed down the speed of the clips, or had you flown that slow in Cine mode?

i think I would have been seriously worried about the flock of birds so close as well. 🙂. Great video, thanks again for sharing.
While I am now shooting mostly in 50P the two opening shots are both at normal speed in the timeline. This is a replacement aircraft and I have since bought an RC Pro as well. I still have a lot of "playing" to do yet but yes it does seem a lot smoother at ultra slow speed but not as good as the M2P. I have given up on cine mode so these shots are in normal as I've found that there seems to be no actual difference at slow speed between the two modes! Birds? As I always say if the birds aren't running into each other why the hell would they run into me? I have noticed that those particular birds, corellas, are the most curious about drones and will actively come to fly with you or allow you to slowly fly with them. It's all about being gentle. Plus I restrict any wildlife encounters to just minutes, if I don't get the shot in that time bad luck for me.

While I am now shooting mostly in 50P the two opening shots are both at normal speed in the timeline. This is a replacement aircraft and I have since bought an RC Pro as well. I still have a lot of "playing" to do yet but yes it does seem a lot smoother at ultra slow speed but not as good as the M2P. I have given up on cine mode so these shots are in normal as I've found that there seems to be no actual difference at slow speed between the two modes! Birds? As I always say if the birds aren't running into each other why the hell would they run into me? I have noticed that those particular birds, corellas, are the most curious about drones and will actively come to fly with you or allow you to slowly fly with them. It's all about being gentle. Plus I restrict any wildlife encounters to just minutes, if I don't get the shot in that time bad luck for me.

"As I always say if the birds aren't running into each other why the hell would they run into me?"

Brilliant. I'm going to use that with a couple of folks I know.

Just had another look at that, the first two shots are normal speed, the next two are in slomo.

Very good work . . . nicely done. It was all laid over the perfect bed. Sounds great! Epic and mysterious . . .

Reactions: christangey
Very good work . . . nicely done. It was all laid over the perfect bed. Sounds great! Epic and mysterious . . .
Appreciate that James, yes I'm a big fan of one of your countrymen, Caleb Etheridge, whose tracks I've used on several of my films.

Yes would love to have ago in NZ but I'd need the rest of my life to do it justice. I always say between Australian and New Zealand there is every possible location on earth! Apart from dampening all the EXP settings I was a little surprised at the moves I could make with this replacement aircraft myself Bussty. It's still not able to operate like an M2P at slow speed but it's not bad. I wouldn't have been shooting in cine mode as my first impression is that there is no real difference in ultra-slow speed between cine and normal anyway. Also I am shooting in 50P most of the time now and occasionally run it in the timeline as slomo, but I think you need to do that sparingly.
Cheers Chris, yes they certainly packed a lot of diversity into quite a compact space between the two countries. Good to know about the slow speed settings is very encouraging! Many thanks

Cheers Chris, yes they certainly packed a lot of diversity into quite a compact space between the two countries. Good to know about the slow speed settings is very encouraging! Many thanks
Thanks Bussty, by the way I'm posting a new version soon with subtle differences including grading, titles and a widescreen look, even swapped out a clip or two (it's what I do!) 🙃. Should be online in an about an hour, see if you like it better

Reactions: Suren
Thanks Bussty, by the way I'm posting a new version soon with subtle differences including grading, titles and a widescreen look, even swapped out a clip or two (it's what I do!) 🙃. Should be online in an about an hour, see if you like it better
I am also looking forward to seeing it

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22