DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro You DON'T need a big drone to win big awards

I've been honored to win 17 international drone film awards in 2020/21. That includes a recent US$5000 win in the landscape category at the world's premiere drone film event,
Jeju International Drone Film Festival in South Korea. My first winning short film "Unseen Australia" featured shots from an M2P but also from the original Mavic!

My second film "Outback" (the South Korea winner) was ALL shot on the M2P. The fact is YOU can win too, so be "Inspired" you have the tools already, go to it!

(You can also get to make lame speeches)

Beautiful work!!

Reactions: christangey
Nice work!! What editing software are you using ???

I've been honored to win 17 international drone film awards in 2020/21. That includes a recent US$5000 win in the landscape category at the world's premiere drone film event,
Jeju International Drone Film Festival in South Korea. My first winning short film "Unseen Australia" featured shots from an M2P but also from the original Mavic!

My second film "Outback" (the South Korea winner) was ALL shot on the M2P. The fact is YOU can win too, so be "Inspired" you have the tools already, go to it!

Well done. I enjoyed the video I watched very much. Nice capture and editing. Loved the juxtapositions of wet/dry scenes etc. Especially enjoyed the long shadows of the overheads such as the camels in late (or early) light.

Good stuff as usual Chris. Congratulations on the win! If you want to come to the middle of the US with your drone and fly, I'll buy your tie. 🤣
I missed out on getting to lots of festivals in the US in the last couple of years Marc, so don't be surprised if I turn up!

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc

Amazing as always Chris. I share your videos with a friend in Switzerland and she is just stunned. Are you doing a 2021 Christmas one?

Chris. Good, the link saves me a lot of investigative work (smile). I’ll contact them when covid slows and see what’s to it.

Also fun would be hot air ballooning and whitewater rafting. Good stuff. Thanks for the invite.
To be honest if you can incorporate New Zealand in as well you'll enjoy it even more!

Some of the very best drone footage it's been my pleasure to view, Chris. Thanks for making it available.
Very much appreciate that Charles, been to Thailand a couple of times but never sure about the drone so leave it at home!

Amazing as always Chris. I share your videos with a friend in Switzerland and she is just stunned. Are you doing a 2021 Christmas one?
Thanks Pietros, I have put one together but haven't contacted ABC yet as they are a bit hit and miss in playing them, depending who is running their facebook page each year. I'll put it on this forum if I do release it. Cheers

Such great work Chris, and congrats. Presented this way it makes us Aussies appreciate what we might take for granted a bit more, and you sure would make a non Aussie want to come and see/experience.
Thanks mate, Maybe you should tell Tourism Australia that and they might put some money into a bigger film!

Hi Chris
I really liked all the shots around Wilpena. I've walked across & along all those ridges, in my youth, when I was only 40. Bloody hard work. Extra special to see them from the air. I'll keep an eye out for more of your stuff.
Is it rude to ask what height you were?
firemnts.jpg

Chris, your drone photography is exceptional and is getting better IMHO. Congratulations on this, yet further regonition of you talents of which aerial photography is but one!

Chris, your drone photography is exceptional and is getting better IMHO. Congratulations on this, yet further regonition of you talents of which aerial photography is but one!

Well Piet, that is quite a compliment coming from you!.... but as always we keep trying harder, I would love to see what you are doing with drone right now. I think for me sometimes being self-taught is a huge disadvantage and at the same time, an advantage. All a bit odd really!

Congratulations! The shot that made me sit bolt upright was the camels casting shadows. That is pure artistry.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_